ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
Gargamel, Secret Base, Real Head, Anraku, Bemon, Exohead, U.S. Toys
Post a reply

Medicom Devilman Series

Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:20 pm

I know there was a thread with stuff and I searches, all I found was the RH x Mirock thead.

So, next on pre-order is Zanin. The Silene shipped out the other day and it is awesome in hand. It's just great that these are even being made and I hope they do more after the Zanin.

Devilman Zanin figure from Medicom by Omocha to Neko, on Flickr

Re: Medicom Devilman Series

Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:25 pm

I'm so tempted by these.

Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:47 am

Really tempted about Zanin, but I'd rather have the manga, grimmer design for the line. The TV series has really soften the tone of the series and has less appeal to me.
It looks cool anyway.

Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:03 am

plasticXO wrote:Really tempted about Zanin, but I'd rather have the manga, grimmer design for the line. The TV series has really soften the tone of the series and has less appeal to me.
It looks cool anyway.

I was trying to say the same thing.. I like the Anime versions don't get me wrong but I would be more inclined to purchase these if they released a new Devilman sculpt to go with them.

Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:24 am

Think they'll release a GID version of them?

Jinmen:

ImageImage

Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:19 am

damn that shell is nice!!!

Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:58 pm

Did anyone order the Zanin? The preorder for Zanin finished Sunday here but now the Jinmen is up. Not sure if people are into the Mazinga Z enemies but the new Grosam X2 looks great.

Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:25 pm

I gots zanin on lock.

Gotta get that jinmen Soon.

I hope they dont go crazy with coloways with these.

I would take more devilman though.

Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:41 pm

When pre-ordering through Medicom, do you wait for them to send you an invoice? Or do you just straight up send payment to the email address provided? Never did a direct pre-order through them before, so excuse me.

Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:45 pm

Some people have done the direct payment right after putting in the order, but I have always waited for an invoice specifically to make sure. I think either way is probably okay, and in the case of a pre-order, once you place it you should be good. (I am talking for the international stuff of course, direct is a different issue) The last time I did an order it was open for a long time, so it did take a while to get the 'official' invoice with confirmation of the payment instructions, but I still didn't have any issues.

Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:57 am

Baikin wrote:Did anyone order the Zanin? The preorder for Zanin finished Sunday here but now the Jinmen is up. Not sure if people are into the Mazinga Z enemies but the new Grosam X2 looks great.

I finally ordered Zannin :twisted:
The Jinmen is amazing, it reminds me a lot of the Marmit toy from the 2000's, which was an amazing line. I loved Nirasawa's version for Fewture too and this sofubi series will be an outstanding addition to the Devilman toy anthology. Though I really don't like the Devilman anime version with his cheerful face...

I wonder which one will be next ? I'd love to see Satan, Gelmer, Welvath or Psychogenie.

Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:02 am

I vote Psychogenie.

Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:03 am

we need to get the same picture treatment as Mazinga in this thread, when i get a moment.

Just got the zanin. he is a pretty massive hunk of vinyl.

Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:47 am

Zanin looks much better here than I orginally thought of... Would like more photos if you could. I might regret not jumping on this one.

Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:57 am

I knew that they would be great, but passing on one meant passing on them all or having to hunt for them.

I wish I had less resolve and had broken down and gotten on these. ;(

Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:20 pm

New Sirene up for pre-order if anyone is interested:

http://www.bearbrick.com/20130524o_o/

Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:23 pm

The Zannin is not disappointing. Really bulky, it's great to have it next to other versions of the character like Gashapons or action figures.

Fun pick Lurker, he looks like he's howling while hurling the poor Devilman.

Can't wait to see the next monster scheduled in the line-up.

Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:28 pm

The Jinmen came yesterday, it's huge!!!!!!! Best one yet.

Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:05 pm

Baikin wrote:The Jinmen came yesterday, it's huge!!!!!!! Best one yet.

Bummed I passed on this guy. I'd been debating the series, but I've been playing catch up on the Kamen Rider villains. As I near completion I've decided to start picking up these along w/the Mazinger Z series. Love the stress-free release methods and the quality is definitely up there, at least on the Kamen Rider villains; I expect these are up to par.

Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:06 pm

pics or it didnt happen 8) . im really curious to see this guy in context with other toys

Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:33 am

Got mine too, and it's a real beast. A little shorter than Zannin, but heavier nonetheless.
And I love the new header. Now that I think of it, and as she can be seen on the header, I'd love Miko (the girl with the demon on her belly) next in the line.

@ HBCoffin : too bad the Kamen Rider villains were not available to foreign orders, paying the middle man fees each time really turned me down... I would love to see your collection.

Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:10 am

Yeah, broker fees can be a pain, but the lower retail price point doesn't put them too far off what you pay when ordering one of the current Mazinger Z releases at retail, especially if you're patient and combine shipping over a handful of releases. I think it's worth it for the level of detail that goes into each sculpt.

I've got a nice haul I need to schedule for shipping pretty soon, will consider throwing up a collection shot once it arrives. 8)

As for the next Devilman release, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Psychogenie. :P

Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:36 am

there were no additional new character designs at the recent medicom exhibit, so i'm wondering if that is all we are going to see for now?

Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:39 am

Jinmen now shipping!

Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:59 pm

I think General Muzan would make a great figure! The Zannin turned out so awesome, have Handsome TaroM in charge on this one too.

Post a reply