ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
Gargamel, Secret Base, Real Head, Anraku, Bemon, Exohead, U.S. Toys
Post a reply

Re: New Bemon Sculpt

Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:24 pm

I dig the sculpt and absolutely love the black glitter! There are some comparison shots on IG and it is a beast of a figure even next to the 2HB. I know they were released on yahoo but also through Kriminal Design but are long sold out. Definetly a cool ass space monster!

Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:23 pm

Nobody posted an image of the V3 version from a while back, I think it's the best so far:

Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:10 am

Agreed. Simple and beautiful!

Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:22 pm

great colors!

Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:57 pm

Very nice indeed. The colous and paint style really make the sculpt pop, and I like it. Could easily be a vintage toy with that look, which is my thing. I can see if it doesn't get the same attention from the usual limited run Bemon crowd, as it is a different approach to things, but I think it works. But then, I also very happily buy Marusan and B-Club figures made in the many hundreds and get great joy from them.

Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:20 pm

Guilala homage?

Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:28 pm

That was my initial guess/impression too, though I don't presume to know his inspiration. Another connection to more 'vintage' styled kaiju. More simplistic (but not simple) paint, done well. With those eyes you and the colour selection you can also see some of KR Amazon in him.

Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:25 am

"Most of the obvious and unusual with its species has become!"

Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:08 am

kichigai wrote:https://farm1.staticflickr.com/309/20001303706_9148e71fc8_o.jpg

I dig this sculpt, but the color way doesn't do much for me. Hope he does more!

Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:47 am

Appears to be based on this Pachi, I really like the color of the initial version.......

A "Dino" paint version like the card will be cool but I am sure any will be Fangtastic!

Its weird that it has no joints, maybe a plug for the underbelly?

Or maybe it is not even soft vinyl.

Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:40 am

I love it. Very pachi feel to it.

I know it's not everyone's cup of tea and there will be a lot of hate, but I like this better then the two head. The two headed monster does nothing for me. This dino is great.

Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:53 am

kichigai wrote:Its weird that it has no joints, maybe a plug for the underbelly?
Or maybe it is not even soft vinyl.

I'm perplexed, not sure what to make of it. As much as I love SVHC, I don't think I'll ever buy one. I wonder how big it is...

Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:06 pm

kichigai wrote:Image

Appears to be based on this Pachi, I really like the color of the initial version.......

I think it's just the white spikes that I don't like. Too clean.

Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:37 pm

I can't wait for the Target Earth version!

Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:36 pm

Sorry for the derail but back to the Marilla space monster here's the comparison shot mentioned above:

Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:01 pm

Nice. I love that black glitter version.

Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:05 pm

Rob WOW that Kougai is amazing! Is that a 1/1?

Take a pic of your brood "Mooning' us aka show the backs!

I think there is another version of the Space Kaiju after V3 prior to Glitter

Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:10 pm

^^
Not 1/1. Small run.

Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:54 pm

bryce_r wrote:I love it. Very pachi feel to it.

I know it's not everyone's cup of tea and there will be a lot of hate, but I like this better then the two head. The two headed monster does nothing for me. This dino is great.

You are not alone Bryce.

Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:49 pm

Bemon lost me with this new one. I may feel differently with a different paint job though depending on the outcome.

Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:13 pm

bryce_r wrote:Nice. I love that black glitter version.

Yes, the black glitter version is amazing in hand, beautiful vinyl. I'll post more shots later today.

Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:17 pm

I like the new figure. Classic pachi kaiju are eaxctly my thing though. Initial impressions have me thinking it is on the smaller size though, based on packaging and the background, particularly compared with the heft of Bemon's usual figures, but I could be wrong. The texture also looks like resin maybe, combined with the lack of joints. But I like it. It is like a fantastic pachi dino kaiju you might have found as a kid (or exactly how you would envision one being made from your imagination playing with those menko cards). A new direction, but one I am happy to see. If this marks a whole new series, I would be very happy.

Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:54 am

kichigai wrote:Rob WOW that Kougai is amazing! Is that a 1/1?
Take a pic of your brood "Mooning' us aka show the backs!
I think there is another version of the Space Kaiju after V3 prior to Glitter

If I remember well the rainbow kougai (that's what people used to call it here) was a run of 10. Need to take a quick shot of the back!
In the meantime here are some quick (apologies if a bit shakey and big) shots of the glitter Marilla:

Last edited by RudeBeast on Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:01 am

And here's a complete 360° view of the rainbow kougai:

Apologies again for the derail, back to the new sculpt!

Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:35 am

kichigai wrote:Image

I dig it. Not my favorite colorway but I like that Bemon is not afraid to do some interesting pachi characters that will doubtless not be as popular as the kougai or 2HB. I hope it is large in the hand. Also happy to see Bemon back doing rougher textures again. He is picking up the pace with new sculpt releases now.

That stage 2 Marilla (Mayogon? which name is correct?) is beautiful Rudebeast. The best release of that sculpt by far and the one to beat. The new Guilala tribute is very nice as well.

I agree with Sokko. I was not really a fan of the Space Monster until I got a chance to check it out in the hand, it is a completely different beast then. Hard to capture its allure in photos.
Post a reply