ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
Gargamel, Secret Base, Real Head, Anraku, Bemon, Exohead, U.S. Toys
Post a reply

Re: New Medicom

Sat Nov 07, 2015 5:12 pm

This is out in some stores now.

Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:58 am

Oh nice! That guy is fantastic. I really like the way he came out, quite nice details and colour + bonus vinyl cape :) . I think he would have been just a little better with more of an standard 'vinyl toy' pose, versus the action figure way he is handled now [I think I just like the old fashioned look], but it is all personal preference. Next to the vintage guy it sure makes a lovely duo.

Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:12 am

That's a killer figure...but yeah, I agree with Steve: the stance is a bit wide for my tastes.

Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:39 am

VAG Series 5

[Image pulled from Sofvi.tokyo]

The only 1 I'm really interested in from this series is the green cap gid mushroom man. He reminds me of some toys I loved as a wee child - "GLO Friends", which were gid vinyl glow worms.

[Images of GLO Friends pulled from Google Images]

I didn't realize that there were So Many. I only had 2 or 3. They were most likely my first glow-in-the-dark toys, come to think of it...

Hmm, Ha, I kind of want to find a couple of these lil guys now. The spider with the purple cane & purple hat is probably my favorite.

Edit: that nostalgia died fast. kisses.
Last edited by boon velvet on Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:54 am

Ha! So Medicom is finally releasing Tiger Mask's Cave Ruler reprint (along with Zebraman):

http://sofvi.tokyo/160124-tigermask/

Tempted because I'd love a cape, but I already have an original.

Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:09 am

I saw that! Of course now I immediately think of you ;)

You need to make a wearable version that you can spin in.

Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:17 am

I know lixx! he's one of my favorite characters.
I'm just surprised they decided to do more tiger mask reissues 4 years after the first few (I can't believe it's been that long :shock: ).

Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:25 am

LOL I completey forgot he's my avatar. Might be changing it soon although I love the shit eating grin on his masked red head! Have any of the Tiger Mask reissues been available for overseas? I think the answer is no but I forget.

Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:46 am

I don't believe any of the nakajima reissues were available for overseas preorder, just the more recent newer style medicom releases.

Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:28 pm

New toys up for sale now.

A new Godzilla figure for the "Godzilla Vinyl Wars" series, a new Flat Woods Monster by Marmit, Tiger Mask's Cave Ruler and Zebraman, more Anraku Ansaku toys, new Akumaizer 3 reprints, etc. And the best of all: Vader Time!!

Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:46 pm

I am really loving the 'back to the 1970s' Kikaider, so much goodness both in design and execution. I am far less excited about the Captain Action version of Ultraman though. Weird how two such similar toys could be released at the same time with such disparity; just odd (and probably unfortunate) timing I suppose. Anyhow, I would love to be able to get myself one of those RAH toys.

Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:16 pm

^ Y'know, I'm actually a bit charmed by the new Ultraman's mitten hands.

Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:27 pm

Ahh crap I totally slept on ordering the Alien stuff..

Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:32 am

At Medicom Toy Premium Club Orders sale of 24 February 2016 - 5 April 2016 accepted Ultra Action Boy Astro μ 5 Gold Bina , Masuman Distribution price each 15,984 yen ( tax included ) ● Each Height approx 250mm ● Art cooperation : GALAXY PEOPLE © Nakajima Corporation

Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:04 pm

:shock:

Wow those are both gorgeous!! ^^

There going to look awesome all together!

Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:03 am

Unfortunately still no shot with the mask off...

Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:11 am

Do the masks actually come off of these? The devil bado's did but not the ultra earth's I think

Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:24 am

It looks like total replications of the originals so mask should come of I think. The seam is visible on the mask and there appears to Be something different at the base of the head. Hard to discern though...
Last edited by Hastur on Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:31 am

Russblue11 wrote:Do the masks actually come off of these?

I would hope so! Can anyone confirm please?

Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:22 am

It doesn't look like they do. The devilmans had the seams but they were clearly split in the photos where you could see the inner head. ON these toy it looks pretty solid.

Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:25 am

It does say that these are samples, and the actual products may look different. I can't imagine that their masks would not come off.

So excited for this next wave. Now if only the first wave were out already!
Last edited by Kingboy D on Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:56 am

the only one that's had a picture with the mask off (so far) has been devil bado:
here's to hoping that the rest do!

Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:49 pm

Really digging this Aura Battler Dunbine:

Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:05 pm

The Dunbine is beautiful.

The second two Astro-Mu figures are up for pre-order at TAG (Toy Art Gallery).

Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:28 am

The last two AM5 figures were announced and should be up for preorder soon. Just curious how many others are picking up this entire line (I am committed, but I hate preordering another two after not even receiving any of the prior four). At the end of it all, the entire line will run close to a grand! Ugh.
Post a reply