ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
Gargamel, Secret Base, Real Head, Anraku, Bemon, Exohead, U.S. Toys
Post a reply

Re: New Medicom

Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:56 pm

maxaltoman wrote:
akum6n wrote:...
And this is driving me crazy, but everyone knows that the figure is not really named 'Dako' right? The actual name is 'Zoromederu'. ...

then you will also be driven crazy by sasakamabiguchi :D

What do we call that one 'round these parts?

Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:02 pm

akum6n wrote:
maxaltoman wrote:
akum6n wrote:...
And this is driving me crazy, but everyone knows that the figure is not really named 'Dako' right? The actual name is 'Zoromederu'. ...

then you will also be driven crazy by sasakamabiguchi :D

What do we call that one 'round these parts?

venus :D

Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:35 pm

Oh right.

Venus Gorilla. :lol:

Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:06 pm

akum6n wrote:The pink version really reminds me of one of the old releases of the standard size figure. I was planning only to buy a Goga in the beginning, but I am tempted by this.

That is because this medicom release is essentially the same paint application as the original pink run with the addition of the red paint. I would have loved to see an entirely new vinyl color/paint application for this release, but really just happy to pick one of these up on the cheap-and happy that they used one of the best existing colorways to base their release off of.

I know it has been mentioned in this thread at least once that early Anraku toys exhibited substantial variation in paint applications within runs. The original pink Dako and blue Dako runs are exceptional in this regard I think. Every individual I have seen is strikingly different for being part of a run.

akum6n wrote:And this is driving me crazy, but everyone knows that the figure is not really named 'Dako' right? The actual name is 'Zoromederu'. I think the 'dako' thing started because the full name of the character is something like 'Giant Underground Octopus Zoromederu'. Octopus in Japanese is 'tako' (or 'dako' depending on the reading). I guess this is my personality problem, but it drives me up the wall that everyone has been referring to this figure as 'the octopus' for years.

I have used 'Dako' partially out of laziness and just for ease of communication because it is the most common name used by us westerners at this point. I also like the 'Zollomodear' interpretation on the Anraku Youtube Channel video clip. :D It always makes me think of a hideous octopus monster bringing me coffee and a morning paper. "Thank you, Zollomodear!"

Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:50 pm

so thrilled to put in an order for the mini anraku. surreal as i have wanted them for years!

Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:07 am

Wasn't the preorder supposed to start yesterday? Am I missing something?

Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:09 am

They're available from Medicom - any word on whether these will again be available through Lulu etc., though? Would prefer to order them via the US for import reasons...

Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:49 am

U.S. Retailers may be waiting for the Goga to wrap up first. Also Roto is currently down, so even if they were ready to offer it, they aren't up.

Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:30 am

analog101 wrote:U.S. Retailers may be waiting for the Goga to wrap up first...

What? Why would they do that? So they lose the business to someone who puts it up once it is available? I doubt that.

Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:36 am

^^
That would be very weird indeed, considering they are supposed to ship sometime in December...

Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:11 am

I suppose you are right. I just can't ever remember Medicom pre-orders from the same maker running concurrently. I guess I also underestimated people's inability to wait a week, or so to order a toy that is on sale until at least October 1st JP time.

Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:35 pm

a.tom wrote:
analog101 wrote:U.S. Retailers may be waiting for the Goga to wrap up first...

What? Why would they do that? So they lose the business to someone who puts it up once it is available? I doubt that.

Up for pre-order at Lulubell now. :wink:

Should probably be up at other participating U.S. retailers soon.

Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:09 am

Astro-Mu 5 on Medicom.

:arrow: http://sofvi.tokyo/1510010016

:arrow: http://sofvi.tokyo/1510010015

Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:36 am

Thanks! So am I reading that correctly? Preorders don't start until October 24th, and they are only for Medicom Premium Club Members?

Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:42 am

simply amazing! :shock:
glad to see these are in line with the original sculpts, and not like the newer marusan version.

Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:58 pm

Holy hell.

Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:59 pm

With no slit in the back and no picture of the head, does this mean no clear head?

And art direction by Galaxy People? Not Super7?

Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:14 pm

The new AA offerings are looking good as well. Are they in collaboration with some other manufacturer this time?

Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:11 pm

These are stunning!

Though I still wish that the colors were switched up a little from the originals.

Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:46 pm

wow wow wow those look absolutely perfect

i will finally own a devil bado! i'm ok with repro :)

Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:18 pm

Man I hope I get a chance to grab these, too cool.

Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:30 pm

I'm really curious about these. Is anyone a medicom prime member? What's that about? I didn't see anything relevant to that on their site at least at a quick glance... :?

Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:37 pm

Medicom = best toy company ever. Wow, these are wonderful...!

Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:22 am

Thanks to Medicom for creating new release for new collector

Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:29 pm

I've never ordered from this place before, but its the only place I was able to find to accept foreign orders for the Medicom Astro Mu 5. So I bit the bullet and it seems my orders went through. Check it out :-)

http://cjmart.jp/en/
Post a reply