ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
Gargamel, Secret Base, Real Head, Anraku, Bemon, Exohead, U.S. Toys
Post a reply

Re: New Medicom

Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:20 pm

tobor2099 wrote:I wish there were stores in the USA that sold the new Medicom Sofubi stuff. It hasn't been easy for me to get and there's still ones i'm missing like Kikaider and Ninja Arashi. Mandarake has been my only source since YJ auctions really add up after all the fees on top of the figure price.

Some Medicom releases show up on Amazon of all places. For example, here's a Medicom Godzilla: Vinyl Wars pre-order:

http://www.amazon.com/Medicom-Godzilla- ... s+godzilla

Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:59 pm

TOXICWASTE wrote:What about the Medicom Cosmos Aliens? I saw those three new sculpts at Wonderfest, but beyond that I know nothing about when they will be released.

I was trying to help in the past til I got my hands slapped.

Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:22 pm

Here's the Medicom release of Karz Works Baalzeboub. This guy is 11 inches tall and full of detail. He looks even better in person than in the pictures.

Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:32 pm

Man that figure is amazing!! Great score!

New releases are up now including new Cosmos Aliens!

Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:17 pm

That Baalzeboub wouldn't fit in my collection but damn, what a sculpt and paint job!

Tempted by the new Takepico set, really want a Keronga still..

Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:28 pm

Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:48 am

Those Medicom/Starwars figures look wonderful! Pitty they're not selling international.

today a few interesting releases.

And look at this!!!

Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:36 pm

^^
Standard size version looks fantastic.

Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:23 pm

I really, really, love the stuff they are putting out.
It's impossible to not love the new V3 Bazooka Turtle!
Again.. I just wish it was cheaper and easier to get.

Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:42 pm

My first Medicom preorder - just came in. Its larger than I expected. Very nice product. Time to shop for more!

Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:31 pm

Ha! I just got mine too! Instant favorite!! I love this line!!

Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:51 pm

does anyone know if they've killed the Star Wars Kubrick line? no new series in forever :(

Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:22 pm

Last 100% one I saw was released at the Medicom show earlier this year (I think it was Luke wearing all black from ROTJ). Haven't seen any new Kubrick series' for a while now that I think about it..

Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:57 am

New Karimoku 400% Wood Bearbrick (Antique Furniture Design)

Pretty cool wood design. You know who to PM for details :wink: :wink: :wink:

Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:29 pm

Who? James Bond?

Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:19 am

New wave of Godzilla products is up, at least on Rakuten. Vinyl Wars aside, they're really killing it with the DC and Marvel stuff lately - it's like all the toys I wish they had when I was a kid, but even bigger.

kurumonz wrote:Back to the Sofvi Life blue Goji. Guess I'm not senile yet. There REALLY was a similar looking blue. I was clearing my folders and found this pic that I saved more than a year ago.

That first color way they pumped out was similar enough to my old release that I couldn't justify buying it, and that's saying a lot considering it's probably my favorite Godzilla toy. I think the newer one is more silver, less gold, maybe no yellow? Can't say since I really haven't seen people post pics of it in hand. Here is my old one for comparison

Can't say I really love the green color they picked on the new one, but I may just buy it any way and make up my mind once I see it in person: http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/proj ... 956530260/

Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:46 pm

GIANT GORILLA 450 BY MARUSAN, MEDICOM EXCLUSIVEImage

Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:02 pm

The Chewie is a bit disappointing, doesn't have the detail of the original.. medicom vs Takara....

ImageImage

Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:37 pm

not to mention completely disproportioned. He's all legs!

Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:47 pm

Im suprised the Giant Gorilla isn't getting more love. I've been meaning to add one of the newer 450s to my collection and the paint app on this is top notch.

Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:10 pm

scobot wrote:The Chewie is a bit disappointing, doesn't have the detail of the original.. medicom vs Takara....

wizeguy wrote:not to mention completely disproportioned. He's all legs!

the lack of detail doesn't concern me...he's very much in line with the other star wars releases, but yeah, a tiny bit more torso and a little less leg seems like it would be a solid improvement. hope to have him in hand in a month or 2 to confirm/deny our suspicions.

Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:50 am

I guess I just expected something new .. medicom have reworked all the SW figs so far but 3PO and now chewie are almost exactly the same as the 78 takara figures. The takara chewie is very leggy too, but he has fantastic hair detail that makes him look monsterish.

Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:56 am

Awesome toy has two glow Bakura on Medicom. Japan only though. I like how they corrected the four arm issue.

Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:22 pm

Anyone got a reply on the Giant Gorilla yet?

I'm wondering if its entirely done in HxS Studio. The production run for WF was 40 which is typically the run quantity of Hirota's release. The sample sure looks like Hirota's work. Let's hope he painted all of them too. I'm also wondering if the mail-order is 40 or lesser.

Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:47 pm

These are stupidly cute.... I want them :lol:

Post a reply