ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
Gargamel, Secret Base, Real Head, Anraku, Bemon, Exohead, U.S. Toys
Post a reply

Superfestival 69

Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:22 am

So, now that the time has come and gone, does anyone have any stories or updates to share? Cool things you might have seen or fun times that were had? Always a pleasure to hear them, for those of us unable to attend. I certainly appreciate the sharing. Andy's coverage is always great, but I also like hearing and seeing photos of people who went or even our own small contingent of SBers who might have been there at the tables. :)

Lone thing I have just discovered which was a completely surprise release for me was this release of Twin-Tail from Billiken x Nishimura shop, and painted by M1's own Yuji for that extra classic 'Bullmark' look:

A pretty impressive piece, with the usual M1 special release base, and limited to 40, with the additional possibility of having it signed in person. Very cool indeed, but what would have made me even more happier - in a purely personal glee-filled way - (and I always still have my fingers crossed for) is seeing Yuji-san finally do his own version of this great character. I would love to see a new, perhaps not-so-repro take on him, but especially as executed in GID vinyl or given the usual magical Yuji colour treatment. :D One of those many toy dreams that exist in our imagination.

Also always great to see some Ultra series alumni making personal appearances at these festivals.

Re: Superfestival 69

Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:56 am

On a related note, not to be left out, Bullmark also got in on the mix, released this amazing blue version of Twin-Tail at SuFes 69. Now this is my bag. Colourful and new, but also classic. I think he would look fantastic next to a family of his counterparts.

temporary borrowed photo until I can get a better stock image of him freed

Also, another trio of glory in vinyl from them:

The Mach Baron is a must buy for me, if ever I have the chance. I wish I had known this was coming our sooner. It's relatively hard to come by a larger size vintage version without paying a fortune, so I welcome this type of reissue. Damn fine looking figure too.

EDIT: Not quite clear on the MB, as it seems it also might be leftovers from an early WF (2015) release, that they had advertised for sale at their table. [Source] So re-reading it, that might actually be the case of all three of them. Anyhow, will share more info for anyone interested if I figure it out. Edit 2 - Yep, that seems to be confirmed. [Source 2] Anyhow, really nice; I am shocked these were still around for people to have a 2nd chance to grab them, but I understand the WF turnout is not what it once was.

Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:43 am

A lot of that Bullmark stuff has been previously released/offered. You can get a lot of it through their web page, you just have to go the middle man route.

I'm more excited about this:
http://www.bullmark.co.jp/shopdetail/000000000174/ct146/page1/order/

Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:55 am

A few photos:

http://kaijukorner.blogspot.jp/2015/09/ ... 69-69.html

Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:18 am

Ha! I think that counts as more than a 'few' Andy! :D Lovely coverage as always, thank you so much for sharing it with us. Seems like generally this was a really great SF for keshi and gashapon figures. A lot of really cool ones, and a tonne of variety in style and design. Some personal highlights for me:

At first I wasn't sure about this apron accessory, but seeing on my favourite Jamila has completely changed my mind. I need it! :)

I don't know what this plastic Ultra mini is in the corner, but I want it. Looks like a cheap 70s plastic toy, which is right up my alley. Such a great action pose, with the SPHQ in the back.

And Marusan as always, with some real classics. The building accessories with the lovely pink Goji are such a delight.

It is cool to see that there are bringing back some Jumbos with that UFO Robot Grendizer/'Goldarak.' I wonder what the construction is going to be like on these.

Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:48 am

I'm also curious about the jumbo and whether it ties in in any way with the Popy line.

Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:35 am

Bullmark's blue Twintail looks superb!

I'm feeling similar warmth towards Marusan's blue Windam.

A pair of total surprises on the way from Dream Rocket:

Have they played the license game much before?

Jon's Tsubus aren't really to my taste...

...but I'm thrilled he's digging into a project like this, nonetheless.

Hadn't noticed that Yamomark has been making these licensed goodies until recently:

Great Gary, but the Ragon II is just delicious. I'd love to bring her on over for a drink.

And yes, Jeff, that Gamora is the tits!

Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:12 am

Dat Booska tho'
Biliken's...plush?

Last edited by Vombie on Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:19 am

Plush booska is so good!!

Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:29 am

sensory overload, thanks andy :mrgreen:

Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:53 am

DAMN!!! Another giant Baragon and that fuzzy Booska!

Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:03 pm

Andy,

As always thanks for covering the show and all the wonderful photos.

gatchabert wrote:DAMN!!! Another giant Baragon and that fuzzy Booska!

That giant Baragon color release isn't new. It was actually released last October 2014. Probably left over stock.

Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:58 pm

toothaction wrote:A pair of total surprises on the way from Dream Rocket...
Have they played the license game much before?

Not that much (to my knowledge), but I recall some of their earlier stuff was licensed Akakage characters...

But either way, I'm kinda loving that GR and Emperor Guillotine.

I don't know what the story is on that Jumbo Grendizer, but I'll run it by the robot guys. Fewture isn't really known for this sort of toy (and their quality can be a bit of a crapshoot...see their EX Gokin Grendizer, for example). So I'm definitely skeptical. Plus the head's too small. :P

Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:48 pm

chimply.kaiju wrote:Andy,

As always thanks for covering the show and all the wonderful photos.

gatchabert wrote:DAMN!!! Another giant Baragon and that fuzzy Booska!

That giant Baragon color release isn't new. It was actually released last October 2014. Probably left over stock.

DAMNIT!!!!! I must have been asleep.

Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:28 pm

Great coverage, Andy- thank you, as always!

I gotta say that JMR's Pygmon has been close at hand since I rec'd it. Really fun, unique take on lil' P, and the matte finish Jon went with on the face and belly was a perfect choice.

Was hoping to see some more from Jetturre- another run of the new hammerhead guy, or even some new colors on established pieces. Would love to see those chibi Hormorahs get some new color treatments.

Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:31 pm

^

Yeah, a bit upsetting! I need more chibi Hormorahs :(

Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:26 pm

That Yamomark Ragon is very much to me like a smaller version of the Bearmodel, which is another great sculpt. Really interesting to see them tackling these licensed characters recently. I kinda wonder what a hero from them would look like.

Glad to see some others excited (if also feeling a natural bit of trepidation on execution) for the new jumbo. Sanjeev, I defer to your awaited expertise reports! :)

Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:13 pm

Not sure if the Booska on the Billiken table was for show or what the story was. There was no info next to it.

Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:57 pm

^ Someone on ig wrote that it was a preorder, 400$ and handmade.

Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:30 am

cool

Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:31 am

Thanks again Andy. Always a pleasure watching your reports.

Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:35 am

Man I wish Bullmark took international orders! I usually love Red Baron way more than Mach Baron but that new Mach Baron is pretty nice looking.

Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:09 am

Lixx wrote:Man I wish Bullmark took international orders! I usually love Red Baron way more than Mach Baron but that new Mach Baron is pretty nice looking.

The sad thing is they probably could, at least for most of the Ultra stuff, if Chaiyo was out of the picture. Whether they would, or not is a whole different discussion.

I can't wait for the king size Gomora, 36cm of fun.

Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:52 pm

Kuolio wrote:^ Someone on ig wrote that it was a preorder, 400$ and handmade.

Nope. Cool though!

Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:24 pm

Five Star's Springman was the biggest surprise for me... can't wait to see a painted version.
And yes, many thanks again to Andy for the coverage: excellent as always!
Post a reply