ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
Gargamel, Secret Base, Real Head, Anraku, Bemon, Exohead, U.S. Toys
Post a reply

Charactics Majin Bander ID

Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:27 pm

Recently came across this Charactics Bander in Thrash-Out colors:

I am pretty certain it is not a production item (although it came with a bag and header).

I think it may be an anonymous custom, except for the fact that the entire figure seems to be black vinyl (I am looking at the neck and waist joints w/o taking the figure apart). I don't think any of the production Banders were entirely black.

Has anyone seen this figure before?

Re: Charactics Majin Bander ID

Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:34 pm

That's legit, that eye masking was done with the factory mask.

Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:04 pm

Thanks. Yeah, the eye-paint is very tight. The paint work is excellent overall, comparable to other Charactics or Gargamel figures, I'd say.

Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:44 pm

Could that have been a kaiju taro exclusive?

Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:33 pm

onibaba5 wrote:Could that have been a kaiju taro exclusive?

SOMEONE I think Ed. Saved a lot of pics from Kaiju taro before they went under. So it could be but I really don't ever recall this paint job.

Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:57 pm

I think the only two from Kaiju-Taro were the Christmas version with brown body and red head, and another one with a black body and metallic green paint.

Actually, I was wrong- the second K-T Bander appears to have been on an entirely black vinyl figure. So there were all-black vinyl Banders out there.

Somehow, Kaiju-Taro's flickr is still there- a couple years ago, the account was reactivated. Should have most of the photos of their exclusive figures.

Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:56 am

Checked the KT Flickr and saw these Charactics Hedorahs with the same paint from Wonder Festival 2007 Summer
Sigh...I miss KT.

ImageWonder Festival 2007 Summer by kabushikigaisha link, on Flickr

ImageWonder Festival 2007 Summer by kabushikigaisha link, on Flickr

Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:05 pm

Ok, so I have an answer. This is legit and was painted by Charactics. I don't know the specific circumstances. It appears to use the black vinyl base from the mid-2006 release, so it may be from around that time period.

Thank you very much to the member that helped me out with the information.

EDIT: It was painted by Charactics and sold through Rumble Monsters' online store.
Post a reply