ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
Gargamel, Secret Base, Real Head, Anraku, Bemon, Exohead, U.S. Toys
Post a reply

Toy ID: Alien Spell Maker

Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:01 pm

So Ive seen this dude a couple times on Mandarake but they do not have the maker
in the description. Im wondering why they are so expensive. Love the figure but the
price tag is usually between 160,00 yen and 200,000 yen! :shock: :shock: :shock:
If anyone wants some background, heres the wiki http://ultra.wikia.com/wiki/Alien_Spell

ImageImage

Re: Toy ID: Alien Spell Maker

Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:12 pm

Ooh I know this one.. sort of. The high price is probably due to the controversy over the aliens design and burns on the A bomb vics.

Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:23 pm

AgentRavage wrote:Ooh I know this one.. sort of. The high price is probably due to the controversy over the aliens design and burns on the A bomb vics.

That kind of makes sense. The Zollmen mini(?) version is also expensive, but I just assumed that was due to them being Zollmen pieces.

Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:06 pm

AgentRavage wrote:The high price is probably due to the controversy over the aliens design and burns on the A bomb vics.

What about the burns is controversial? Im sorry for going off topic but it seems rather silly to get upset over this.

Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:08 pm

Headhunter wrote:
AgentRavage wrote:The high price is probably due to the controversy over the aliens design and burns on the A bomb vics.

What about the burns is controversial? Im sorry for going of topic but it seems rather silly to get upset over this.

Check out the wiki link. The problem was that atom bomb victims felt it hit to close to home
since the aliens came from a planet that had been decimated by nuclear war.

Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:25 pm

IronPaw wrote:
Headhunter wrote:

What about the burns is controversial? Im sorry for going of topic but it seems rather silly to get upset over this.

Check out the wiki link. The problem was that atom bomb victims felt it hit to close to home
since the aliens came from a planet that had been decimated by nuclear war.

Ok, thanks for the info on that. I mean it makes sense but in all seriousness im sure this is how an alien would look coming from a planet decimated by nuclear war considering there is probably no universal cure for severe nuclear fallout radiation poisoning.

But its a really cool figure to look at.

Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:33 pm

I found a couple of images of the toy bagged:

The header is one from Bullmark, and there isn't another maker's mark on the card. My initial thought was that this must be a bootleg. A little more searching led me to this posting:
http://detail.chiebukuro.yahoo.co.jp/qa ... 1148278586
Robot translation seems to suggest that it is indeed a bootleg, possibly of Thai origin. No reason to trust my interpretation of Google's babblefishery, of course.

Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:26 pm

Love Uchuujin! Such a fun character, and I'm a sucker for controversy!

Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:08 pm

The mystery of spiru sejin pops up once every now and then

http://skullbrain.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=34306&p=503276&hilit=Spiru#p503276

Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:54 pm

maxaltoman wrote:The mystery of spiru sejin pops up once every now and then

http://skullbrain.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=34306&p=503276&hilit=Spiru#p503276

I found that thread before I made this one. The photos at the beginning are gone so I am unsure
if that thread even answers who made the piece that Im posting about.

Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:44 pm

IronPaw wrote:I found that thread before I made this one. The photos at the beginning are gone so I am unsure if that thread even answers who made the piece that Im posting about.

It doesn't. The toy you are posting about is relatively new and there are at least 3-4 versions out there. I'd love to own one but not at the ~mysterious~ prices they're going for. Making a toy based on an obscure/banned character with no discernible identifying features of the maker is a recipe for mystery and intrigue... And a bonkers price tag, I guess.

I'm fairly certain that the images in liquidsky's initial post in that thread were of Siccaluna Koubou's Madalla.

Zollmen made an omake referencing Spiru Seijin named Subaru Seijin that came with some version of Mad Baron (I can't recall which) -- Clear blue, red, GID, white.
Post a reply