ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
The older and weirder the cooler
Post a reply

Vintage vinyl

Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:09 pm

I would like to personally thank vintagevinyl for working this section. He is an OG collector with a lot of classic shine on his shelves. Top rate. Go team!

Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:08 pm

Vintage, I am so happy you are going to do this. Vintagevinyl has taught me more about amazing Japanese vintage toys, TV shows, and anime in 6 months than I knew in my 33 years before.

Unbelievable vintage collection that just about can send a person into an epileptic fit from trying to take it all in. Can't wait to see what you have planned.

Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:06 pm

How about some pictures then. School us in the ways of Vintage Vinyl.

Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:51 pm

Boy, have I got a lot of questions, but I promise to google out the obvious first.

Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:59 pm

"Vintage vinyl toys cause cancer."

- C. Everett Koop

Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:34 am

Shelf Monkey wrote:School us in the ways of Vintage Vinyl.

+1

We await enlightenment!

C

Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:27 am

the phrase "vintage vinyl" always just makes me think of the record store in Central Jersey of the same name with the incredibly good metal section

Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:40 am

I look forward to some OG's droppin' vintage knowledge. Bring it on. :D

Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:06 am

skylar wrote:the phrase "vintage vinyl" always just makes me think of the record store in Central Jersey of the same name with the incredibly good metal section

Haha, that's what I was thinking too! Born and raised, Central Jersey 4 Lyfe*!

*I haven't lived there since I was 18

Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:07 am

E X C E L L E N T !

Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:56 am

Big thanks to vintagevinyl and Super7 for making this happen! 8)

Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:21 am

FYI: I didn't ask vintagevinyl if he wanted to be the moderator, I just thought it was appropriate.

yes

Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:33 am

Stoked about this section.

Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:41 pm

ramos wrote:FYI: I didn't ask vintagevinyl if he wanted to be the moderator, I just thought it was appropriate.

I love it! Drafted into involuntary servitude by popular demand ...

CC

Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:29 am

not really sure what a moderater does but im game . this section says vintage vinyl but i would also like to see jumbo machinders die cast or whatever . i know akumizer has old japanese hero halloween costumes that would be a great post or even his old mask collection . still waiting for chad to bust out some of his collection as i have only seen bits of it . henshin cyborg collectors i welcome you to post here if you wish . would like to see everybody have some fun with this section and post lots of pics.

Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:39 am

vintagevinyl wrote:would like to see everybody have some fun with this section and post lots of pics.

Ditto that ... I'm def not the guy to do it, but let's see something awreddy! So far, the only pics in the VV forum are two tear sheets and one Hedorah that I don't even think is vintage ...

CC

Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:54 am

dont have all my new-old tiger mask figures in hand yet but i will post pics ASAP

Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:34 pm

Who here knows about shintou-san? Is it an old character? Where does it come from?
There's a nice one (I'm bidding on) on the 'bay. It's got a lot of personality. I think this is a re-issue of an old character, but I.just.don't. know.
Anyone?

Sat Jun 23, 2007 5:40 am

vintagevinyl wrote:not really sure what a moderater does but im game . this section says vintage vinyl but i would also like to see jumbo machinders die cast or whatever . i know akumizer has old japanese hero halloween costumes that would be a great post or even his old mask collection . still waiting for chad to bust out some of his collection as i have only seen bits of it . henshin cyborg collectors i welcome you to post here if you wish . would like to see everybody have some fun with this section and post lots of pics.

I'll get to work on it...
You know how much stuff I have :lol:

Sat Jun 23, 2007 5:41 am

vintagevinyl wrote: i know akumizer has old japanese hero halloween costumes that would be a great post or even his old mask collection .

I'll get to work on it...
You know how much stuff I have :lol:

Sat Jun 23, 2007 7:59 am

i know one of the costumes is a ninja arashi . would realy like to see that one . akumizer , you also have a replica ninja arashi mask that i have seen and is just stunning .

Tue Jun 26, 2007 5:42 pm

I own very few vintage vinyls. In fact, this meager sampling is it. All others I have are either modern or Jumbos. (I'm waiting for a package so when I get it, I'll post those.)

Since I'm posting this pic, I might as well finally find out who I've got. I know the yokais, the ST Kamen Rider V3 (missing antennae :( ), the mini KR-V3, KR-X and KR-Amazon. But I don't know the other two on the far right and left. Someone wanna clue me in?

Tue Jun 26, 2007 6:16 pm

What is the figure with what looks to be a red breastplate or something or other?
Cool stuff.

Tue Jun 26, 2007 6:30 pm

Bootleg Amazon Rider

The yokai are great !

Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:27 pm

Word! The Yokai are awesome!
Post a reply