ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
The older and weirder the cooler
Post a reply

Re: Tiger Mask

Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:01 am

ultrakaiju wrote:Agreed, and thanks again for the great pics and coverage Andy. Really like the Denboku set of minis, but the one I saw come up for sale was kinda crazy, so I think I will stick with the vintage guys. That is a fantastic bendy set Andy; with the trophy and little keshi guy I could see myself being very happy with it as a runner up to the full set. I don;t think I have seen any TM stuff I didn't love.

Yeah as absolutely beautiful as the mini Denboku set is, that's pretty expensive.
I wonder how many sets of those Denboku makes for a one day event like that.

And that vintage Bendy set is just nuts!

Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:06 am

So awesome. Who needs articulation when you can bend. I'd love to try some of these out.

Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:36 pm

Thanks to Bryce I filled in a few more of the first version minis. Now I just need lion man and Mr kamikaze (thankfully, not a completest).

Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:08 pm

Yeah but with just two more (especially with the uber cool Mr Kamikaze) to go think of how good it will feel to be complete. :wink:

Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:48 pm

I was thinking of getting those, congrats! it's a beautiful set. I went for the gatchaman set instead.

XVivaHateX wrote:Thanks to Bryce I filled in a few more of the first version minis. Now I just need lion man and Mr kamikaze (thankfully, not a completest).

Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:08 pm

I really love that mini set, and wish I would have been able to jump on them too, but I am more happy you were able to fill in some of the guys you needed. What a fantastic grouping, I think these are my favourite scale of the all the TM characters.

Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:52 pm

Great grouping of mini's Viva.
The colors really pop in that photo!
Nice stuff.

Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:06 am

This has now become my obsession. I love these toys!

Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:48 pm

Glad they arrived safe. I really need Mr. Kamikaze. He's always been my favorite.

Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:05 pm

Found this great pic via google images, I wonder if someone here took it?

Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:13 pm

a quick snap of a few minis and the one midsize i have. i was too lazy to wiggle out my fullsizers to get in on the photo as well. ill save it for another day.

Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:41 pm

Great stuff !! :D

Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:09 pm

wish i hadn't seen this. : )

This info. could be wrong:
- Made by Masudaya.
13" long

Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:30 pm

Russblue11 wrote:Found this great pic via google images, I wonder if someone here took it?

No, he's not active here. He is active on the robot forums and on FB. He does tons of Tigermask photos and videos.

Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:52 pm

Thanks, I was informed via pm that it was Chogoman

Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:38 am

Those mini's are soooo on my bucket sofubi list...

Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:28 pm

Yeah, the minis are great. I'm a damn sucker for anything puroresu.

Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:00 am

Ruler of the Cave by Beautification Syndrome, on Flickr

Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:41 pm

Somebody knows something about this guy?
It´s a Medicom repro., taken from JPY.

Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:46 pm

It is a bootleg?
Never seen this guy before.

Taken in YJP.

Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:56 pm

Medicom has been working releases of Tiger Mask figures for a few years now. They are their own thing, some of them being based of Nakajima originals, others the Marusan style ones, but are separate in their own right. I only have the re-issue of the Tiger Mask, but I can tell you that as with most Medicom toys, the toy quality is outstanding.

The second one is a bootleg.

Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:04 pm

Pretty sure this dude is Masudaya..

Alebrije wrote:It is a bootleg?
Never seen this guy before.

Taken in YJP.

Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:10 pm

Oh, you are right Josh. My mistake. I was only familiar with the larger-headed version of TM, but it seems they did this guy too. Here is a pic with the three Masudaya releases.

Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:25 pm

Alebrije wrote:Somebody knows something about this guy?
It´s a Medicom repro., taken from JPY.

This guy is called Yellow Devil - made by Marusan.

The Masudaya Tigermask on the right is the first Tigermask released.. cant remember exactly but I think 1965

Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:59 pm

Thanks guys for all the information!
The Masudaya Tiger Mask releases are standar size too? :?:
The one Big Masudaya what size is it?

Best regards! :)
Post a reply