ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
The older and weirder the cooler
Post a reply

Re: Tiger Mask

Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:25 pm

These are just Amazing! Thanks for sharing. I am waiting for my first 2 to come in the mail… hopefully soon :). I didn't really need a new thing to collect, but how could you not!

XVivaHateX wrote:Thanks to Bryce I filled in a few more of the first version minis. Now I just need lion man and Mr kamikaze (thankfully, not a completest).

Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:11 pm

Alebrije wrote:Thanks guys for all the information!
The Masudaya Tiger Mask releases are standar size too? :?:
The one Big Masudaya what size is it?

Here is some tigermask ref - all the Nakajima sizes and a Masudaya version which is a bit smaller than the Nakajima standard

Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:23 pm

Thank you scobot for the explanation and photography! :)

Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:32 am

Joe wrote:Wonder what the story is w/ this Tiger Mask.
I think someone was just bored
. :lol:

Very curious to hear if anyone knows anything about this toy. One just sold at an auction...

Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:41 am

What a weird, but cute, bootleg. Not something I have seen a lot of. Very crude looking but great, even for a boot. I am guessing it was on the 'cheaper' end of toys. :) I find him incredibly enticing personally, and would love one. Did it end at a high value?

I really like the idea of re-using the kewpie bodies like they did; I'd love to see a whole series of friends to go with this guy done in the same way. Just sculpt a new hero head, paint on some different colour pants, and voila! Simple but brilliant process.

Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:47 am

Not too high, 4300 JPY! I was really on the fence about him, and should have adopted, but I spent too much on another set of Tigers, which will be winging their way across the pond soon :P This bootleg is quite appealing, and I like how the cape was added. The auction description said it was an old toy shop souvenir. Would've been nice to see if there was a maker's mark.

Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:34 pm

Ha, those are Great! I like your idea of a small line of friends for him too, ultrakaiju.

Thanks for posting those! Definitely added to my lookout list

Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:13 am

time to bring some love back to this thread!
two fist, left fist, right fist.

Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:37 am

Lol, something to do with anything Tiger Head in vintage equates to "collect multiples of same sculpt!" Nice though, very nice...

Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:47 pm

Thanks for sharing, nice pic with the three Nakajima Tiger Mask versions :!:
Post a reply