ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 11:24 am

these came in yesterday 
Line of Credit

Post these came in yesterday
Image grendizer talker by popy .dont know what it is about talkers but IMO some of the coollest toys ever made .

Fri Jun 22, 2007 5:59 pm
Line of Credit

Image beuregard hound from walt kellys pogo comic . always liked walts style and its nice to have it represented in vinyl . 2 sets, one of 5 and the other of 6 vinyls were made and this is from the set that walt rejected so these guys are a lot harder to come by . i guess from what i read he didnt like the fur .

Fri Jun 22, 2007 6:07 pm
Line of Credit

Image beuregard hound from walt kellys pogo comic . always liked walts style and its nice to have it represented in vinyl . 2 sets, one of 5 and the other of 6 vinyls were made and this is from the set that walt rejected so these guys are a lot harder to come by . i guess from what i read he didnt like the fur .

You couldn't have picked a better background for the beuregard hound figure - looks like he is taking in all the fresh air and enjoying life :D

Fri Jun 22, 2007 6:28 pm
Line of Credit

the background is a dry canyon in redmond oregon . its my inlaws place now and sometimes i wish i still had it .

Fri Jun 22, 2007 6:39 pm
Addicted

if you got the Beauregard Hound from the webstore i'm thinking, you got it for a great deal. 3 more figures to complete the set!

vintagevinyl wrote:
this is from the set that walt rejected so these guys are a lot harder to come by . i guess from what i read he didnt like the fur .

i have read something like that too. actually i like the Poynter sculps more than the Proctor & Gamble ones. and i think the fur is really cool.

i think is kinda ironic that Poynter Co. had this kind of problems... The Pogo line rejected by Walt Kelly and legal problems with Dr Seuss for producing figures based on his characters without permission

Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:26 pm
Profile WWW
Line of Credit

wow. Used to love Pogo, still have one of the books around. Had no idea that there were toys! Cool.

Sat Jun 23, 2007 8:37 am
Vintage

I had some Pogo toys as a kid but they must have been Western.

Sat Jun 23, 2007 1:22 pm
Line of Credit

yes subterranean thats where i got it . thanks for posting the pic of all of them. the poynter figures were made in japan for america .

Sat Jun 23, 2007 3:03 pm
Fresh Meat

I agree that talkers are awesome, but something about the Popy ones just don't do it for me for some reason. I think the talker article in S7 (6/05) might be the one I reference more than any other. Which is somewhat bizarre considering that I don't actually own a vintage talker and don't plan to anytime soon.

Tue Jun 26, 2007 5:17 pm
Site Admin

I just got the repro Triple Fighter talker (that was never released in the old days, only prototyped) and it is crazy cool. Teh devil kaiju are even better. Nekro, you really need to come down from that 24" pedestal and start getting the 15" talkers. So rad, and less expensive than Jumbos (for the most part).

Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:53 pm
Profile WWW
S7 Royalty

I agree that talkers are awesome, but something about the Popy ones just don't do it for me for some reason. I think the talker article in S7 (6/05) might be the one I reference more than any other. Which is somewhat bizarre considering that I don't actually own a vintage talker and don't plan to anytime soon.

That talker article rocked! Shold be required reading for any newbie. It was was my first exposure to a lot of the lesser know icons of the tokusatsu era (I call them "the forgotten heroes" because outside of the hardcore nobody really remembers them) and was basically the tipping point that pushed me over to the dark side.

brianflynn wrote:
I just got the repro Triple Fighter talker (that was never released in the old days, only prototyped) and it is crazy cool. The devil kaiju are even better.

what were the sizes on the Triple Fighter talker and the devils? I really wanted a set of those devils . :cry:

Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:58 pm
Profile WWW
Line of Credit

the first time i saw the triple fighter villians that were not produced was on tom franks web site . they were in a catalog someone scanned . they had production numbers numbers under them like they were going to be made but maybe triple fighter didnt do as well as they expected . lion maru also was in that catalog shot with i believe 4 villians . only 1 standard size villian was produced but they picked a winner . the villian is made up completely of leaves and an awsome sculpt . paul kaiju also has this guy . 3 smaller villians were also made in a 6in line including a smaller leaf bad guy .

Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:51 pm
Illuminati

I have a set of the new Triple Fighter standard sized vinyls.

When they arrive, I will post a photo.

Writer's Page: http://www.esoterra.org/editors.htm

Last Hurrah Records: http://www.lasthurrahrecords.com

Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:54 am
Profile WWW
Vintage

I have a set of the new Triple Fighter standard sized vinyls.

When they arrive, I will post a photo.

Same here. Can't wait for them to arrive.
It's been months.

Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:31 am
Fresh Meat

Brian, believe me, there have been many days when I wished my calling wasn't Jumbos. But eh, what can you do? I'm in too deep to turn back now. When I complete my machinder collection (HA!), I can then turn to vintage talkers. In the meantime, I'll have to settle for the r re-issues when i see them for cheap.

Flatpoint High

Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:38 pm
Site Admin

The Devil kaiju from Triple Fighter are 11-12" tall (I haven;t measured) but they are definitely on the tall side of any classic "standard" size hero figure. The talker is huge, bigger than fireman even, it seems the last of the talkers just kept getting taller and taller.

I understand your world Dave, which is why I had to give up die-cast, then jumbos, then robot shows in vinyl, and more as you narrow the focus to a near laser precision. There is too much cool stuff out there to have it all. Lord knows I would have Jumbos if I could. The kaiju and heroes call my name.

Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:19 am
Profile WWW