ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 12:45 pm

Bullmark toys that never were 
Addicted

Post Bullmark toys that never were
I tried to win this Bullmark catalog/poster this morning on JYA but lost it so I stole the pix. Looks like bullmark intended to produce a Mogera and Mothra in their Zinclon diecast line. I love the way hey are using pictures of the vinyls to stand in for this shot. The Angilas diecast did get produced.

I am not that up on my UFO Diapolon toys, but was an 80cm tall toy ever produced like in this shot?

Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:10 pm
Side Dealer

I remember seeing someone selling one of those Diapolon figures in the late 90's, it was always at the antique shows in the Bay Area but I dont know if anyone bought it. It was a display piece only if I remember right.

Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:19 pm
Fresh Meat

yep, Diapolon was a store display. There's still several of them floating around, but they are quite rare and expensive. It'd generally run you about $3-4 grand, though I think one sold for just over $2000 on ebay last year. Wasn't labeled very well though.

Apparently Bullmark also intended to make a diecast Jirass. The story is in the old CoolJapaneseToys site. The web archived page is missing many pics but you can still see the wooden prototype.

http://web.archive.org/web/200406181950 ... e_toys.cfm

Tue Jun 26, 2007 5:12 pm
Line of Credit

yup , i remember that diapolon . there were 2 on ebay and the first one went kinda cheap . from the bull pet die cast series the really hard to get ones are the ones some people dont even know were made . my friend tells me a godzilla and mecha godzilla that you put together like jigsaw puzzle . seen the mecha godzilla version but never the godzilla

Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:02 pm