ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
The older and weirder the cooler
Post a reply

jumbos

Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:49 pm

Imagethis section is about vintage toys not just vinyls . please feel free to post henshin cyborg , die cast , micronauts or whatever . frankly , i really like the way jumbos go with the vinyls

Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:54 pm

Image one of my favorite jumbos ( dunbine ) and it didnt even devour my wallet .

Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:49 pm

what series is he from?

it looks so much like an eva that it's startling. obviously where they got some of their inpiration from.

Re: jumbos

Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:55 pm

vintagevinyl wrote:Imagethis section is about vintage toys not just vinyls . please feel free to post henshin cyborg , die cast , micronauts or whatever . frankly , i really like the way jumbos go with the vinyls

:shock: A sight to behold....omg I do believe I'm gonna cry :cry: :wink:

Fri Jun 29, 2007 5:31 pm

woah, that eva looking guy is HOT. think i have a new random item to covet.

Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:48 pm

skylar wrote:what series is he from?

it looks so much like an eva that it's startling. obviously where they got some of their inpiration from.

I was thinking the same thing !!!

Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:53 pm

That would be "Aura Battler Dunbine" from the show of the same name. Released by Clover in 1983. Generally not a very popular piece among Jumbo collectors, but I think it's cool. I'll have a full review of it on CDX in the next week or two. Got pics taken, just haven't written any text yet.

Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:38 pm

You can never go wrong with that many firing nipples...

Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:55 am

found a mazinga this weekend, extra brain condor needed as he came without.

Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:44 pm

dave is right . found a few jumbo collectors who really didnt care for the dunbine . maybe the shape is to organic and not very robot looking . which gets me thinking thats where it gets its resembelance to the eva .

Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:47 pm

Post a reply