ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
The older and weirder the cooler
Post a reply

Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:04 pm

I saw that and was rooting for Flynn !!!

vintagevinyl wrote:Image for the astro mu completest this is the arm attatchment for the jumbo machinder and probably the most difficult astro mu item to find .the winner was takatokutoyz at 161000 yen . this buyer either just won the lottery or just found out he has a month to live they way he s been pilling up auction wins .

Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:48 am

Image an original goes for 31 500 yen . thought maybe the craze for the new vinyls that the old ones might go up in value but thats about the price it was going for a few years ago .

Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:56 am

that thing looks ill

Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:57 am

These recently ended on JYA.
King MaiMai orange version 852,000 Yen

King Bockle blue spray version 921,000 Yen

red Ultraman 356,000 Yen

Sat Nov 24, 2007 1:17 pm

subterranean wrote:
vintagevinyl wrote: dont really consider small astro mu figures really rare but to find a MIB one is and the closing price reflected it . auction ended at 34000 yen .

i have this figure, but don't have the base he's on. any help on finding that or the box would be appreciated! how old are these too?

Sat Nov 24, 2007 1:33 pm

vintagevinyl wrote:Image really need to come up with a new way of saying " never seen this before " . cant be sure but it really looks like a takoda sculpt . anyway , i got smoked on this auction as it went for 61500 .

man, that body looks a lot like the clap monster zaran figure!

Sat Nov 24, 2007 2:36 pm

man, that body looks a lot like the clap monster zaran figure!

dont really know that monster but a lot of old " pirate vinyls "are being used for the basis of new toys .
someone on this board can tell you exactly when the astro mu figures were made but it will be early 70s .
when i first saw the king mai mai and king bockle on yahoo i thought they were b clubs because they were so perfect looking . the red ultraman reminds me of years ago seeing one like it at nakano and watching mark nagatas jaw hit the floor .

Sat Nov 24, 2007 2:41 pm

Image anybody have any idea who these guys are ? auction ended at 4100 .

Sat Nov 24, 2007 5:31 pm

Love the colors !

Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:43 pm

bottled wrote:
subterranean wrote:
vintagevinyl wrote: dont really consider small astro mu figures really rare but to find a MIB one is and the closing price reflected it . auction ended at 34000 yen .

i have this figure, but don't have the base he's on. any help on finding that or the box would be appreciated! how old are these too?

These are from the 1970's....VINTAGEVINYL....I still need the Badu and Robo G minis!!!!!!!

Sun Nov 25, 2007 11:54 am

These are from the 1970's....VINTAGEVINYL....I still need the Badu and Robo G minis!!!!!!!

Unlce Warren wrote a killer Astro Mu article in Super 7. EVERYONE should read it. So awesome...

Doraemon, Doramichan and friends vinyls

Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:01 pm

Any of you vinyl gurus care to clue us in as to why this set went for over 168,000 yen? (it was on Yahoo Japan but it looks as if the auction was killed):

Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:55 pm

Is that gachapon size on that doraemon set?

Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:47 pm

Image an original but beat to hell . didnt get any bids as the auction started at 15 000 yen . has been relisted at the same starting price .elderado , if i come across those astro mu vinyls i will let you know. hope you have a fat wallet cause they aint cheap . the only vinyl collector in the states who could tell you why the doreman set went so high would be rory yellen and know one i know has heard from hin in quite awhile .

Sat Dec 08, 2007 8:01 pm

wow i want an OG smogun
does anyone have any other pics or different colorways

Sat Dec 08, 2007 8:09 pm

selekta_nips wrote:wow i want an OG smogun

I believe there are only 2 colorways on the IKB Smogon.

Sat Dec 08, 2007 8:11 pm

vintagevinyl wrote:Image anybody have any idea who these guys are ? auction ended at 4100 .

I saw those too, but forgot to bid.

They're the vinyl toy that was sold with each of the 3 Amazon Acroyears- I think each one actually has a name. Very cool, and that was a great price for the set.

http://www.microforever.com/A37Xamazon.htm

Sun Dec 09, 2007 2:26 am

selekta_nips wrote:wow i want an OG smogun

and

I'm kind of tempted by that broken one, it's probably my only chance to own a vintage one but its so busted!

Sun Dec 09, 2007 3:04 pm

Image this ultra rare bunny that has a washing machine for a stomach is from robocon and up until this auction i didnt even know it exisisted . think i remember telling paul kaiju that it was never made in standard size . i guess im a liar paul ! ended at a hefty 151 000 yen . that makes 11 that were made in standard size for robocon .

Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:06 pm

The base is one of the "mini-tanks", the mini tanks are just about the hardest part of the astro-mu collection to complete, the only thing harder is the gun arm attachment and the artillery carrier. The mini-tanks are impossible. I only have 2 of the 6.

eldorado wrote:
bottled wrote:
subterranean wrote:

Tue Dec 11, 2007 5:54 pm

IKB HEDORAH - 51,000 Yen (about 460 bucks) on YJA

Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:15 pm

[quote="onibaba5"]IKB HEDORAH - 51,000 Yen (about 460 bucks) on YJA

that figure is amazing!

Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:22 pm

I was following that one. It looks to be in amazing condition.

Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:48 pm

vintagevinyl wrote: i guess im a liar paul ! ended at a hefty 151 000 yen . that makes 11 that were made in standard size for robocon .

No problem! Nice to see one!

Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:10 pm

i want that cracked ikb smogun just so I can display him on my shelf like this:
ouch!
Post a reply