ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
The older and weirder the cooler
Post a reply

Re: strange or rare yahoo auctions post here (after theyre o

Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:20 pm

Very cool piece. Bullmark Mirrorman eletronic walker. Mandarake auction ended at 700,000 yen on April 11.

Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:46 pm

Whoa. The helmet is completely un-ripped. Frosting on the cake!

Sat Apr 16, 2016 7:29 pm

Time thing Marsan? Burumaaku? Pachi Ultraman round ear poly made
Went for: 14,050 yen (Not so bad for today's crazy prices)
I could not bid in the auction for being out of my house and away from my pc. :x
As you know, I'm not an expert in what refers to the figures of Ultraman. But for the shape of the ears, I guess is one of the first versions of Ultraman. If someone could help me with more information about this piece, I would appreciate it.

Sun Apr 17, 2016 2:33 am

A pretty common Pachi ultraman Poly that has been painted by the owner .. he is standard size and I think I paid less than 1000Y for an unpainted one many years ago. there is some variation with this sculpt as the seam is down the front not the sides so sometimes he looks like he has a fat nose.

Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:34 am

scobot wrote:A pretty common Pachi ultraman Poly that has been painted by the owner .. he is standard size and I think I paid less than 1000Y for an unpainted one many years ago. there is some variation with this sculpt as the seam is down the front not the sides so sometimes he looks like he has a fat nose.

scobot thank you very much for the information, after all it´s a little expensive to be a regular Pachi figure.
Best regards!

Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:37 pm

Vintage Mogunezun rare color Bullmark with magnet
Went for: 71,000 yen

Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:27 pm

That's a great figure. Loving it the more I see it. I'll just have to live with my reissue.

Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:30 am

Vintage Bullmark MechaGodzilla MFV. Loose with only 3 missiles. Decent shape (some typical age spotting). I did not expect it to go this high because of the reissues, but it still holds value. Good to see.

Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:01 am

Vintage Marusan Ultra Seven
It may not be something strange, but you do not see every day.
It´s like a poly figure made by Marusan.
Went for: 31,000 yen

Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:59 pm

Vintage Bullmark BATMAN Kenrick
Not strange or rare, but not too common!
Went for: 79,450 yen

Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:05 pm

Gigantor knockout puncher tin celluloid Mitsuteru Yokoyama
Went for: 69,100 yen

Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:23 pm

The Kenrick Batman is interesting, and certainly went for a lot. It almost even looks like a still cruder bootleg of the Kenrick. I think the 'rarity' with this one is that it is a different colour scheme than the common version.

Those pull toys have always been so great. I often hope to see more of these vintage-era styles resurrected, similar to the way that M1 did the tricycles. I would definitely love to get my hands on some new (and affordable) takes on these guys.

Mon May 02, 2016 7:10 am

Vintage Kenrick Superman sofubi
Went for: 105,600 yen

Thu May 05, 2016 6:42 am

Pachi Big size Kamen Rider
Went for: 40,600 yen

Thu May 05, 2016 9:25 am

That ol tin Tetsujin knockout puncher pull toy is incredible. I want to see some action shots, but I can understand why they wouldn't want to try it before a sale. :D

Sun May 08, 2016 7:15 am

Vintage Marusan Kanegon
Went for: 79,000 yen

Mon May 09, 2016 5:20 pm

Bullmark medium-size Mechagodzilla variant went for 39,100 yen:
I really wanted this one, but it went out of my price range. It also had a wonky arm joint. Hope somebody was able to scoop this lil' guy up!
ImageImageImage

Mon May 09, 2016 5:56 pm

The colorway in this one it´s amazing, but the mouth seems crushed or it´s my imagination?

Mon May 09, 2016 9:43 pm

Alebrije wrote:The colorway in this one it´s amazing, but the mouth seems crushed or it´s my imagination?

I believe it's a trick of the paint spray and photography. Look at the extra photos under the spoiler tag to see a view from underneath the mouth.

Mon May 16, 2016 6:32 pm

I thought these were interesting. They are vinyl coin purses. Anyone familiar with these?

Also, these just ended. Hawaiian Gyango and rare blue mid-sized Red King? Not familiar with this version.

Mon May 16, 2016 7:38 pm

That Gyango is stunning! :shock: A very interesting blue Red King too!

Mon May 23, 2016 8:30 am

I haven't seen those purses, but there are others out there - some licensed and surely plenty otherwise. The early-mid 70s was a golden age of character-themed goods in Japan. For the small number of episodes a lot of these shows ran, they sure cranked out a massive number of products.

I wouldn't be surprised if, in the minds of Tsubaraya and others, these shows and movies were mostly conceived as vehicles for driving related merchandise. It sure feels that way, and if so, they beat the American cartoon producers of the 1980s (who were doing just that with GI Joe, Transformers, He-Man, etc.) to the punch by a decade!

Thu May 26, 2016 4:59 pm

Rare variant spray Bullmark Angilas went for 75,000 yen:
I believe I saw a similar one a few months back go for about 50,000 yen.

Fri May 27, 2016 7:45 am

That's totally hideous and totally bizarre...and I kinda love it!

Fri May 27, 2016 11:33 pm

Did anyone notice the hidden jewel in this auction?

The auction started off for peanuts, but ended up at 510k :x :x :x (I wonder if the owners realized what a prize they had?!?)
Just noticed this Takatoku metallic blue "sail fin" on Mark's shelves (Mark's dino looks super duper nice! :shock: )
viewtopic.php?f=30&t=51018
Post a reply