ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
The older and weirder the cooler
Post a reply

Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:14 pm

joe and i were browing yahoo jp last night and came across this glow bullmark zazahn. what the?!

Thu Dec 13, 2007 2:51 pm

that glow zazan is ridiculous! i love how ghetto the spray looks, i gawk at the one sitting on yahoo on a regular basis!

is this the earliest glow vinyl? anybody know about this piece?

Thu Dec 13, 2007 2:56 pm

vintagevinyl wrote:Image an original but beat to hell . didnt get any bids as the auction started at 15 000 yen . has been relisted at the same starting price .elderado , if i come across those astro mu vinyls i will let you know. hope you have a fat wallet cause they aint cheap . the only vinyl collector in the states who could tell you why the doreman set went so high would be rory yellen and know one i know has heard from hin in quite awhile .

smogun is awsome! what movie/show does he come from?? i'm embarrassed to admit this but i thought both smogun and the hedorans were gargamel originals. please educate me about these 2 rad kaiju! :oops:

Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:05 pm

8gid8 wrote:smogun is awsome! what movie/show does he come from?? i'm embarrassed to admit this but i thought both smogun and the hedorans were gargamel originals. please educate me about these 2 rad kaiju! :oops:

Welcom 8gid8,
The origins of Smogun have been discussed alot on these boards there are at least 2 threads discussing his origin. Use the Search, Luke

Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:19 pm

vintagevinyl wrote:Image an original but beat to hell . didnt get any bids as the auction started at 15 000 yen . has been relisted at the same starting price .elderado , if i come across those astro mu vinyls i will let you know. hope you have a fat wallet cause they aint cheap . the only vinyl collector in the states who could tell you why the doreman set went so high would be rory yellen and know one i know has heard from hin in quite awhile .

What the heck was this guy doing to this thing? He went all sid from toy story on this guy! Did he strap a firecracker to it after sticking some nails in its head?

Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:54 pm

I love broken toys. It shows how much the kid loved it (or hated it).

Thu Dec 13, 2007 4:48 pm

gabbagabba wrote:I love broken toys. It shows how much the kid loved it (or hated it).

Agree. It's interesting how some people keep the contemporary pieces stored behind glass and rarely touched. And then are obsessed over a scratch or chip. Beat up toys have history and character.

"I love the idea of a child chancing upon a battered old, one-armed Dorbel at some future garage sale and being immediately and deeply intrigued."

- Jim Woodring

Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:36 am

There are three or four glow vinyl Bullmark Ultra Kaiju - all are super rare, and it is the first time I know of glow being used on kaiju/hero vinyls.

Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:35 pm

These are on ebay clocking in at $1800.00
Not japanese but the tricycle theme is there

Sat Dec 15, 2007 9:13 am

the doraemon set is very rare especially the humans hard to get as a complete set.,and im still alive.

King Rory :twisted:

Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:16 am

abelincolnjr wrote:Image

Those rule!

Sat Dec 15, 2007 12:36 pm

my inner fanyboy likes.....

i'm getting a marty feldman vibe off of thor......NICE!!

Sat Dec 15, 2007 3:31 pm

jojo the dog faced boy wrote:

my inner fanyboy likes.....

i'm getting a marty feldman vibe off of thor......NICE!!

I think hes an oompa loompa

Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:52 pm

Pics of a Bullmark 3rd anniversary employee present currently up on YJA. This one has the orig cardboard box, letter, and wraping papper. Starting bid: 450,000 Yen.

Wed Dec 26, 2007 4:23 pm

Image bullmark megalon went for 251 000

Wed Dec 26, 2007 10:22 pm

bottled wrote:
onibaba5 wrote:IKB HEDORAH - 51,000 Yen (about 460 bucks) on YJA

that figure is amazing!

that's alot. i remember finding one in a box a tokyo toy fest show for 1000. probably the only good find i ever had at a show.

Wed Dec 26, 2007 10:29 pm

messtiza wrote:joe and i were browing yahoo jp last night and came across this glow bullmark zazahn. what the?!

i think there are 4 from ultraman Jack(gudon, zazan, dunger, gorbagos). There is also a Minya, but i have not heard if it was just a prototype or a limited version. I have only seen on dunger for sale and that was about 2 weeks ago. It hit over 400,000. There probalby are others.

Image[/url]

Fri Dec 28, 2007 1:01 am

It never ends. The kaiju well runs deep!

Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:51 am

Image missing one of the insert eyes and has a couple of punctures under the foot but still a hell of a lot better shape than the last one i posted . auction ended at a little over 80000 yen .

Fri Dec 28, 2007 8:52 pm

Killer price.

vintagevinyl wrote:Image bullmark megalon went for 251 000

my snack, kaiju yaki

Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:31 pm

vintage kaiju snack maker:

9800 yen is the asking price

Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:33 pm

Ultraman battle scene toasted cheese sandwiches! Totally awesome.

Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:45 pm

Actually, these are Japanese. If you look closely at the bottom right of the box it states made in Japan. I used to collect vintage Japanese tin toys, TPS, Horikawa, Yonezawa, Daiya etc..American companies like Cragstan and Marx actually distributed a lot of Japanese Toys from Japanese companies and repackaged them with their Brand. Those Marvel trikes are as rare as lips on a chicken! Nice pieces!

edit; Linemar was the manufacturer and importer of some of Marx toys and somehow part of Marx as a company. Now I am not sure if one would consider these Japanese toys because Marx, a US company got the marvel licence and made these for the US market using Japanese factories. Either way, these are wonderful made in Japan toys.

Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:47 am

To be technical, the 12" Inazuman by Bandai is from the second season, Inazuman Flash (please note different belt). The removable mask version was originally made for season one by Popy, and then later issued again by Bandai, but was 10" tall. This was sculpted later, and does not have a removable mask. The intention (I believe) was to make them removable masks, as the head has the lines carved into the back of it for a removable mask, but it is solid. Additionally, these were initially released a missile firing version, with a launcher in the chest. This is a non-missile fire version of the same toy. I think they made these right as the show went off the air, and you basically have a prototype figure that got a super small release. The missile firing Diamond Eye is from the same time frame, and it would be interesting to see if a non-missile fire version of that toy ever pops up.

Regardless, I have a boxed missile fire, but no non-missile fire. This sold for 291,000 yen warped, and the second one to show up went for 280,000 yen. I am still patiently waiting (and bidding) for mine. The missile fire and the non-missile far are about equal in rarity. One day I will have both....

the_z wrote:For the unitiated, what makes this particular Inazuman so pricey? Simply rarity or hard to find in good condition?

Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:04 pm

Holmes is sitting at 40,000 yen.
Post a reply