ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 3:01 am

tiger 7 pickup 
Comment King

Post Re: tiger 7 pickup
Just got this unpunched bootleg which will soon be opened but wanted to share pics of it sealed first:

Card Front:
Card Back:

Help me complete my collections need Gargamel one Smoking Corps Cigarette Monster (I only need one to complete the set, please have a look!). Want list with pics here: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=18930&p=244514#p244514

Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:54 am
Post Pimp

Nice score!

dokuroking wrote:
Just got this unpunched bootleg which will soon be opened but wanted to share pics of it sealed first:

Card Front:
Card Back:

Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:29 pm
Side Dealer

Minty in bag! Can you please tell me how tall the boot leg version is? I wonder how it compares in height to the "real" tigers. And can you tell me please, is the vinyl thin?

Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:20 pm
Addicted

the bootleg is bigger than the mini bullmark version, at about 5-6". similar to popy figures. it's a pretty thin vinyl.
here's a pic of mine before/after cleaning:

Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:33 pm
Side Dealer

Very nice! Great cleaning too! Do you mind my asking how and what you used to clean him? The lightening bolt looks gold in you last photo, but silver in the previous pic. Is it silver or gold? Will you build a small army of tigers then? They are quite addictive. Nice kittee! :P

Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:52 pm
Site Admin

stumbled onto a couple more color real slight variants on the Tiger7 bootleg..

Tue May 17, 2016 10:55 am
Profile WWW
Vintage

Nice lot of Tiger7s Josh! The variations in these are pretty subtle, so oftentimes you might even overlook them when you see on on its own. It is great to see a lineup of them together like that. Thanks for sharing.

flickr part [2] part [3]

Tue May 17, 2016 11:47 am
Side Dealer

Wowieeee!!! :shock: I never knew the bootlegs could vary so much, especially the one with the silver spray, and the first one with the red gloves! :shock: Lucky you!!! :P Thanks for sharing the photo and the info.

And, thanks to Josh's and Brian's inspiration, I have them to thank for my family of Tigers. They really fired my passion for the Standard sized Bullmark action-packed stripey guy :D
...with Front side of insert

...with Back side of insert

...with Header Card and "dish-washing" gloves :wink:

The final brother, in a family of seven :P
Thanks again Josh and Brian! :D

Tue May 17, 2016 10:33 pm
Vintage

Wow, so minty fresh and stunning. Grace. The Bullmark standard size is truly a toy to behold, and I envy you your whole family of them. I know you have put in a heck of a lot of time and money religiously hunting these guys, so I am thrilled to see you have one finally in this excellent condition - and with the backer too! I'd really like to hunt one down for myself eventually, but with the way the vintage market has been going the past while, I think I might just have to be confined to looking at such lovely photos of them. Congrats on your seven of Seven! :) Very well deserved. (and thanks to Brian and Josh for planting that inspirational seed that lead to this mission)

flickr part [2] part [3]

Tue May 17, 2016 10:59 pm
Addicted

Big congrats Grace great score, it´s an amazing figure and in great shape, looks like new.
I am simply amazed; can see it complete with the gloves and header card it´s a delight.
Again many congratulations!

Wed May 18, 2016 7:21 am
Side Dealer

Thanks guys! :D I'm really excited about adopting a gloved Tiger at last. He's beautiful, and looks like he just came out of the factory yesterday :D . Can you even imagine that these used to be mass produced for regular PLAY?! :lol: It did take quite some time to adopt the Tigers, but I'm glad I pursued them, since they are more elusive these days. I remember when Super 7 used to stock these Tigers in their Vintage Cases! :shock: A very magical store, which made quite an impression on me, when I first walked in to see Kaiju, out of curiosity.

I would love to know what these toys originally sold for, when they were released as actual play things (not collector's toys). Wonder if it's even possible to figure out? :oops:

Wed May 18, 2016 10:53 am
Addicted

I think we could figure it out ! :D

His peers sold for under 1000¥ and even under 500¥

Kamen Rider standard size sold for 380¥, Giant size for 650¥. Barom 1 standards for 380¥ with removable mask Barom1 for a whopping 700¥

Tiger 7 wouldn't have cost much more I would imagine.

Wed May 18, 2016 9:39 pm
Profile WWW
Side Dealer

Thank you Scobot! :shock:
Sorta makes you cringe doesn't it!?! :oops: These toys are worth more their weight in gold!

Wed May 18, 2016 10:54 pm
Vintage

That's an interesting question actually. I know I have combed through many archives of photos with packaged toys, some of which often still have the original price attached, but the Tiger7 being relatively rare, I cannot recall necessarily seeing one for him. I don't doubt it is out there, and we might come across one eventually though. I'll make a note to keep an eye out. I have always been interested in the original prices too, and wondered at things like the standard 350/450 guys, where you would think that shops would have their own random pricing, and this is before the time where I think there would have been any kid of 'suggested retail.' I am sure it probably wasn't universal, and is just used more as a reference, especially with there being just so many small shops in Japan; but then we also have catalogue and print art that often lists pricing - so maybe that was principally for larger chain stores in the cities?

flickr part [2] part [3]

Wed May 18, 2016 11:04 pm