ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
The older and weirder the cooler
Post a reply

Re: I need more astro-mu 5!!!

Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:38 am

awesome thanks!!!

Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:42 pm

I hereby make this thread fun again...

And introducing Rockbat, the 7th disco glitter member

Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:37 am

ahem, gloves and boots I need them... :wink: :D

Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:16 pm

Ok so seriously want to start collecting these!! I really just want the 4" figs to love the sculpts so much fun.

Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:41 am

Took a while but I've finally managed to convert the Astro Mu 5 flexy vinyl and decided to post it for everyone to enjoy on YouTube! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfJcSFuScAI

Go, G-Go, Go, Go-o-o!!

Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:50 am

Wow! Incredible! Big thanks for doing that. At the risk of sounding greedy it would be awesome to have a high res scan of the record (to make a CD label out of haha). Nice surprise this morning!

Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:52 am

dokuroking wrote:Wow! Incredible! Big thanks for doing that. At the risk of sounding greedy it would be awesome to have a high res scan of the record (to make a CD label out of haha). Nice surprise this morning!

No problem at all, I'll post one later on next week as soon as I manage to scan the vinyl from the office. Glad you enjoy, have a great weekend!! :)

Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:15 am

Wow, that came out surprisingly awesome Rob! Thanks for much for taking the time to do that and then sharing it with the rest of us. Those flexis are hard to work with, so it's great to have somewhere to listen to the song now.

Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:15 pm

Thanks in advance Rob. Agreed, the sound quality is surprisingly crisp for a flexi especially!

Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:41 pm

It begins!! :D :D :D

Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:22 pm

^ thats a really cool photo. Also liked being able to hear the astro-mu theme song, thanks for posting that RudeBeast.

Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:20 am

Ok so it took me a while but for Dokuroking and all others interested here you can download a zipped 300dpi .tif file of the Astro Mu flexy vinyl:

https://www.yousendit.com/download/UVJq ... WStVQU1UQw

Here's a preview:

Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:01 pm

Super big thanks RudeBeast. That was really cool of you to do!

Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:09 pm

Phfffftt. 300dpi? I s'pose I can almost play it off my computer screen.

Totally awesome RudeBeast, I keep listening to the track over and over. Maybe we should start a collection of these audio files. I have a couple flexidiscs back home, but I don't think any of them would stand up to recording.

Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:02 pm

More than welcome :D

Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:34 pm

I don't have any flexis but I have some recordings of old cartoon songs like Mazinga etc. that would probably be of interest. I'd also be happy to put in the work and convert the discs to a digital format if anyone doesn't have the ability to do so.

ultrakaiju wrote:Phfffftt. 300dpi? I s'pose I can almost play it off my computer screen.

Totally awesome RudeBeast, I keep listening to the track over and over. Maybe we should start a collection of these audio files. I have a couple flexidiscs back home, but I don't think any of them would stand up to recording.

Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:02 am

Well, I for one could most CERTAINLY go for some Mazinger theme music!! :mrgreen:

Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:34 pm

Sanjeev wrote:Well, I for one could most CERTAINLY go for some Mazinger theme music!! :mrgreen:

Bring it

Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:35 pm

Big thanks to RudeBeast.

I had some of the flimsy records but too busy/lazy to encode.

edit: to is spelled too
Last edited by liquidsky on Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:36 pm

diceone wrote:I hereby make this thread fun again...

No love for the clears (for lack of a better word) ??

Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:01 am

If you feel like loaning them out, I'd be happy to do it!

liquidsky wrote:Big thanks to RudeBeast.

I had some of the flimsy records but too busy/lazy to encode.

edit: to is spelled too

Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:04 am

Just not sure where to bring it to unless someone has some storage they don't need

liquidsky wrote:
Sanjeev wrote:Well, I for one could most CERTAINLY go for some Mazinger theme music!! :mrgreen:

Bring it

Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:13 am

Bought this Jupiros a few years ago now, but finally got around to taking some pics.

ImageImage

Probably my favorite toy in my collection.

Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:17 am

Beautiful paulk. Complete and in outstanding condition.
Congrats.

Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:51 pm

I don't see any cracks on him! Great toy!
Nice photo too. :mrgreen:
Post a reply