ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
The older and weirder the cooler
Post a reply

Collection shots

Wed May 14, 2008 3:27 am

Anyone have any collection shots they want to share? You guys keep pulling out amazing pieces. I'd love to see whole collection pix, but I really have no desire to sort through 126 pages (1890 threads) of new stuff for a handful of vintage shots. I remember seeing Mike K's in the collection forum (damn, you're collection is AWESOME!!), but now they seem to be down.

Re: Collection shots

Thu May 15, 2008 4:13 pm

Alright - I guess since I'm a newbie, maybe I'll have to start this off. My vintage vinyl collection is pretty piss-poor and minimal, mostly consisting of vintage wannabes (i.e., reissues) and other stuff. I'm mostly a diecast collector, but I've been developing a greater appreciation as of late. Here's my vinyl stuff (interspersed with some of my diecast and Jumbos). Unfortunately, because of the positioning of my stuff, I can't get any good overview shots.

Thu May 15, 2008 5:22 pm

Nice shelves, where'd you get 'em?

;p

Thu May 15, 2008 6:37 pm

very nice. im sure everybody has seen this so just for you kingboy.Image
ImageImage
and many more. welcome.

Thu May 15, 2008 8:06 pm

nice gatchaman stuff!

Thu May 15, 2008 8:29 pm

those glass (or plexi) hanging wall cases are really cool - are those custom made or if not, do you mind saying where you got them. I really like that idea for displaying some of my figures.

Thu May 15, 2008 9:46 pm

I made them. Go to tap plastics and learn

Fri May 16, 2008 5:49 am

Thanks for sharing, kr - great collection!!

I love the Maz MF vinyl. That huge b.o. Arcadia is great too - I really want to pick one up. And that Legion is massive!

Of course, that first pic is killer.

Yeah, my shelves suck. My stuff is crammed into a small carpeted walk-in closet for now. I don't trust many shelves to stand sturdy in there, so I custom built some wide laminated shelving and use the built-in wire shelving up top for the larger stuff. The Kaiju stuff is in my kid's room. Plus, when I have available money, I would rather buy more toys than shelves! ;)

Fri May 16, 2008 7:49 am

Nice start, King! I have that giant Gamera '95 and love it.

You ever see that giant Dunbine from 80's? Its just about in scale with a Jumbo. I'm not a huge Dunbine fan, but that thing RULES. I just love the size and sculpt on it, and totally dig the neon yellow cockpit action. You should check it out, if you haven't already!

Fri May 16, 2008 8:18 am

Hey, Kingboy, what is the big Baltan all the way to the right on the shelf with the Shogun Warriors Godzilla and Rodan?

Fri May 16, 2008 8:50 am

Thanks guys. I'd love to get the Jumbo Dunbine one day.

The Baltan is a super cheap figure. Its made by ApexT, and you can pick one up for $25 shipped from Thailand on ebay (there's one up now). The paint job is minimalist to say the least, but I was planning on custom painting it when I originally purchased it. However, it more often than not ends up in my kids' brutal hands, so that plan was scrapped.

Fri May 16, 2008 10:10 am

Ah, so since it's from Thailand, I'm guessing it's a Chaiyo-licensed product?

Fri May 16, 2008 3:51 pm

Yes, Roger. I got mine for $9.99 in the bag for a Thailand seller. He's sort of lame and sort of cool all at the same time.

Fri May 16, 2008 4:39 pm

Wow, $10! I wonder if it's a copy of the huge one they sold in the 80s, the big one with the stand it plugged into.

Fri May 16, 2008 5:29 pm

Roger wrote:Wow, $10! I wonder if it's a copy of the huge one they sold in the 80s, the big one with the stand it plugged into.

It looks like it could be... but I think the Bandai one had much bigger arms/claws. Still an impressive figure for $10!

Now I've gotta go to Thailand and come back with a suitcase full of them to build a Baltan Army!

Fri May 16, 2008 8:19 pm

they're dfferent.
Those Chaiyo licensed (?) polyethylene kaijus are actually pretty cool
The Dada is great....Pick them up know as they are know completely illegal.

Fri May 16, 2008 10:50 pm

Here's more of the big size 10 dollah Thailand figures...blow molded plastic? My daughter plays with them, they look pretty good on display...they're big too
ImageImage

Sat May 17, 2008 9:59 am

yeah, I've got the ApexT large Dada (and when I say large, it's huge!). I picked it up from somebody on this board a few years ago for like $20.00 Highly recommended if you have the chance to buy one - they are awesome.

Sat May 17, 2008 12:28 pm

I have that thai ultraman. I also have a mazinger-z ,grendizer and a few others that I got on e-bay about 4 years. I think were made by the same company.

Sat May 17, 2008 6:26 pm

this one's for Rory.. Bakabon shelf.

Odds and ends..

Super robots..

Zenmai with sofubi heads.

Gaiking Bandai missile/scope vinyl is the best!

Sat May 17, 2008 9:17 pm

very nice eric and thank you for getting off the tangent . I guess Im the only one that doesn't like those cheezy Thai things.eric you need to get some Gattles its the same artist as bakabon and morets ataru.ImageImage
these cavemen

Sat May 17, 2008 9:20 pm

Sun May 18, 2008 11:23 am

kr wrote:Image

Yay Thunder Bunny!!!

I love Rodney AG!

Mon May 19, 2008 1:40 pm

really digging on this thread . always love checking out other peoples collections . surprising amount of jumbos . kingboys rodan sure makes me want to get one .
erik, is that a amazon rider talker i see a reflection of ? kr , never get tired of seeing your stuff . wouldnt mind seeing chad and brian putting some stuff up here .

Mon May 19, 2008 1:42 pm

Post a reply