ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
The older and weirder the cooler
Post a reply

Astro Mu Minis.

Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:06 am

Here's a rarer Astro-mu variant that didn't make it into the mook. I'm not sure why it wasn't mentioned, as there are supposedly a few in collections?

And here are a couple of pictures of the Devil Bado mini. I Didn't realize how small he was till I got one in hand. He's smaller even than the mini heroes! Another short dictator.

Last edited by mondocoyote on Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Astro Mu Minis.

Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:09 am

Really dope!

Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:17 am

How big are these guys?

Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:17 pm

Mini heros are about four inches tall.

Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:20 pm

Wow! Great job tracking these down...very difficult to find.

I didn't realize either how tiny the mini Bado was!
Do you have any of the standard size Mu's?

Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:20 pm

the little mini with one horn came in two colors brown and grey . the mini with two horns comes in red and green . good job getting that alien bado . thats a tough one .

Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:39 pm

REdYOdA wrote:Do you have any of the standard size Mu's?

No, I've been sticking to the minis for economic reasons. At some point later maybe.
vintagevinyl wrote:the little mini with one horn came in two colors brown and grey . the mini with two horns comes in red and green . good job getting that alien bado . thats a tough one .

yeah, I just got the Bado last Saturday. Unfortunately it wasn't a car-boot find, but I'm still blown away I got him at all.
I'm just missing the mini robot, one of the heroes and the red two horner now.

Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:11 pm

dang Mondo - awesome collection.

Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:39 pm

Mondo, for some reason I thought you were giving up on collecting them when you put some up for sale.
Apparently that's not the case. Very nice collection of vintage minis.

Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:12 pm

Beautiful set. Good luck finding the rest of 'em!

Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:45 pm

Those are amazing. I've been wanting to see a picture of the mini Bado. He's a beauty.

Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:46 pm

I though we mentioned the green cone guy in the checklist, but he was inadvertently omitted in the group photos. That said, I still need a mini-bado!

Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:41 am

brianflynn wrote:I though we mentioned the green cone guy in the checklist, but he was inadvertently omitted in the group photos. That said, I still need a mini-bado!

Just double checked, and he's not on the list- just the red and black versions. That's why I was puzzled when I met you at Superfestival. Did you save a picture from the red guy's auction? If so I'd love to see it.

Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:46 am

That group shot is gorgeous. It's the sort of photo that makes me want to dump my GIDs for vintage. The light turquoise hero especially tugs at my heartstrings.

Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:34 pm

Really impressive,
Great focus Brian!!

Re: Astro Mu Minis

Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:38 pm

After 2 years of phoning shops, traipsing around Tokyo and religiously checking YJA my grail finally showed up.

Mini size capsule-G robo!

Group shot.
That is pretty much all the minis there. There is supposedly a red coloured version of the cone head out there, but until I find out differently I'm assuming he was a mistake or prototype, not something regularly released.

Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:07 pm

Man I love the astro mu villain. Like the black version the best, but that rarer green version is cool too. Still kicking myself for not jumping on one when bottled sold it years ago cheap.

Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:03 pm

Lixx wrote:Man I love the astro mu villain. Like the black version the best, but that rarer green version is cool too. Still kicking myself for not jumping on one when bottled sold it years ago cheap.

The black cone head is all over the place in Tokyo- one of the easiest minis to find. It wasn't sold seperately, but the designers must have realised it was the coolest and packaged it with a bunch of the toy sets.

Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:10 pm

mondocoyote wrote:Group shot.

Amazing bunch !

Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:10 am

These Astro-Mu minis are just awesome. But what's incredible is the condition they're in!

Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:47 am

mondocoyote wrote:After 2 years of phoning shops, traipsing around Tokyo and religiously checking YJA my grail finally showed up.

Mini size capsule-G robo!

Absolutely stunning.

Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:17 am

Beautiful collection Brian!
Can't wait to see how this translates into some Galaxy Villains.

Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:41 am

There is this set as well. I will post some shots of the whole set on a Brog for TBDX next week if anyone is interested.

Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:29 pm

That is the astro-mu playset. It is the only place that you could get the mini Capsule Robo-G (two color variants, a lighter and a darker blue vinyl, one with yellow eyes, one with gold), it is also the only place you can get the small defense shields. The star shaped missile shooters came with other toys. I will try and get a picture of all my minis this weekend.

Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:43 pm

Wow, amazing collection!
Post a reply