ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
The older and weirder the cooler
Post a reply

Re: Masked Rider V3

Fri May 10, 2013 7:40 pm

Thanks for your help and responses! I can only post links from my phone.
Here ya go..

http://imageshack.us/photo/photo/547/imagewcl.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/a/img547/6199/imagewcl.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img823/4817/imagegmie.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img844/3312/imageudyf.jpg

Sat May 11, 2013 4:54 am

Definitely a boot. Here are pics of the real Bandai version I posted in another thread:

Bandai Kamen Rider V3 by Beautification Syndrome, on Flickr
Bandai Kamen Rider V3 by Beautification Syndrome, on Flickr

Sat May 11, 2013 5:26 am

Yup, Lixx is right. I had that same one, its pretty nice for a knock off. The material is different though, its heavier more of a rubber than vinyl.

Sat May 11, 2013 6:53 am

Wow. Can I ask how much you paid? I still want one, and I guess a bootleg is more affordable. Im just not sure what the price range is for a bootleg.
Btw isn't there a bootleg of the v3 without removable helmet too?
So many things to look out for when buying this stuff.I almost paid $170 thinking that v3 was real. I wish there was a website with info. Club Tokyo is the closest thing I've ever found as a resource for collecting and obviously it's limited in ways.

Sat May 11, 2013 12:23 pm

I've got a few different Bandai/Bootleg V3's in various shape. The one on the far left is definitely a bootleg, his belt and mask don't come off. All the others have removeable belts/masks/boots and probably scarves (mostly missing here) but are still pretty neat.

Sat May 11, 2013 12:42 pm

Cool photo delviper! I like when people post pics of the same character, but have various examples whether they be bootleg, licensed etc. It's fun to see the blatant and subtle differences. I really want to find one of those white headed bootleg V3's.

As far as price goes tobor, you just have to set a limit on what you want to spend on it and wait it out. Good deals will always show up when you least expect it. I think I paid $130 or $150 for my Bandai V3 (can't remember) and it cycled on ebay of all places for weeks. I had it saved on my watch list and for the life of me could not understand why other V3's missing helmets/boots were selling for more and this one having all of those and in nice shape wasn't. Then I saw the seller had zero feedback so that probably scared buyers away. I just reasoned that maybe they guy never sold anything on ebay, and as it turned out- that was it.

Some of these bootlegs are very close to the real thing though. Best way to tell Bandai I guess it to look for the thin vinyl magenta colored boots with the logo on the bottom, as well as the removable belt. Like every character out there, they tend to show up in bunches on YJA when other sellers see them selling. I remember a few months back there were a ton of V3's and V3 bootlegs selling on YJA.

Sat May 11, 2013 12:53 pm

Thanks Lixx! Yeah pricing these is kind of a crap shoot. I think the most I paid was $75 for the Bandai with mask & boots and I think I got the 2 bootlegs on the left for under $40 together. Guess if you keep looking stuff will find it's way to you eventually at an affordable amount.

Sat May 11, 2013 2:04 pm

Thanks again guys! Really helpful info!
BTW: Is there a removable mask Amazon?

Sat May 11, 2013 8:11 pm

tobor2099 wrote:Thanks again guys! Really helpful info!

Nope, just the regular standard one.

Sun May 12, 2013 8:24 pm

XVivaHateX wrote:
tobor2099 wrote:Thanks again guys! Really helpful info!

Nope, just the regular standard one.

...A fact that I lament on nearly a daily basis.

:cry:

Sun May 12, 2013 9:17 pm

Glad I'm not the only one that wishes there was a removable mask amazon! :cry:
So there really aren't that many removable mask riders, right?

Sun May 12, 2013 9:24 pm

Most of them are available in a removable mask version, V1, V2, V3, Rider X, Stronger...

Sun May 12, 2013 10:08 pm

Oh wow, thanks Lixx! Are they all by the same company?
I guess that makes not having an Amazon even more sad.
I wonder why they didn't make him?

Mon May 13, 2013 10:17 am

They purposely did not produce a removable mask Amazon because, in the TV program, he did not don a mask - he "transformed"... Bandai was staying true to the story as there was no "masked" Amazon, he was a human fully transformed into a savage badass.

Cheers

Mon May 13, 2013 9:37 pm

Wow! Thanks fission! That makes sense. I love all the info I get from you guys. :wink:

Wed May 15, 2013 7:12 am

delviper wrote:I've got a few different Bandai/Bootleg V3's in various shape. The one on the far left is definitely a bootleg, his belt and mask don't come off. All the others have removeable belts/masks/boots and probably scarves (mostly missing here) but are still pretty neat.

I am pretty sure Bandai made one without the removable parts - its legit. I posted this on FB a little time back. Unfortunately, my non-removable parts one is in bad shape:

Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:51 pm

It's interesting the one on the left has sliver on his face but none of the others do.
BTW: I just scored one with a red header card!
It was listed as "vintage popy bullmark", but I think it's just a old bootleg. I'm fine either way and i'm very excited to get any version at this point! :)

Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:53 pm

Picked up a complete kamen rider recently and it looks like there was silver on the mask. Sadly, most of it is gone now. Does anyone have more info? Also, does anyone know how to properly tie the bandana/scarf?

Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:59 pm

Silver/ metallic paints in general are tough to come by when dealing in vintage. A lot of times it gets chalky and chips off

Mon May 11, 2015 10:39 am

HI there I know this an old threat, I Just got what it seems a v3 Bandai original but, Not sure. What is the height on the orignal, is it as tall as the Original bandai v1 kamen rider! my belt also doesn't remove. Help to ID

Mon May 11, 2015 4:17 pm

If the belt doesn't move I would say its a bootleg ... the original has Bandai on the boot bottom and the foot bottom (if you take of or haven't got the boots) as per the KR V1. The V3 is about the same size as kamen rider.

It's best to put pics up to be sure.

Sat May 23, 2015 8:13 am

Thank you so much, the belt moves, v3 bandai stamp is on the boot an on the butt!!!
Post a reply