ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
The older and weirder the cooler
Post a reply

'Life-Sized' Bullmark...

Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:10 am

After stumbling upon this image from a book on an auction site a few years ago, I always wondered what happened to these giant-sized vinyl Bullmarks.

From what I've gathered they have pretty much been lost, but I saw a piece from Gomora's tail in Mandarake, Tokyo (it was huge) and wondered if anyone else had seen or had pics of the elusive parts?

Do complete examples still exist somewhere out there...?

Re: 'Life-Sized' Bullmark...

Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:19 am

that would be such an amazing piece to have!!!! not that I would ever have the chance to own one...it would be great to see one in person!

Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:26 am

God lord! Never would have seen this otherwise. Thanks for posting!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:43 pm

Yuji Nishimura has a complete Jirass in his museum in Niigata. A while back I saw a photo in a magazine of an Eleking that was disassembled.

There might still be a Gomora sitting on a balcony somewhere in Hawaii:

http://toyboxdx.com/phorum/read.php?1,16446

Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:16 pm

there is a short piece on these, mainly the gomora in S7 #15. take-shit has a nice photo comparing the standard and life-size gomoras...

Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:10 pm

Think M1 needs to do a reissue!

Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:48 pm

At the Mandarake in Akihabara there's a chunk part of Giras tail in a case for sale, going for a REALLY amazing amount.
it's gorgeous, believe me.
I forgot the price. Anyone remember?

I think at the last S7 Tokyo tour it had us all chewing our hands off.

i do remember rumors LONG ago about a Gomora seen sitting on someone's balcony in Hawaii. But never heard any more about that.

Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:21 am

There are supposedly a couple life sized running around Japan. I have seen several parts over the years, a tail section here, an arm there, but the prices were literally 5-10k per part. I can;t imaging someone building a life size through pieces. I have also heard the rumor several times of the life size in Hawaii, and it is supposedly missing the tail. Who knows? Until pictures surface, it is a rumor, but I would not doubt the sources.

Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:36 am

jebus,
what behemoth pulled these?! :shock:

Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:39 am

I thought there was an older thread on these somewhere... personally, I would love to see the MOLDS for these!

Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:15 pm

Paulkaiju wrote:At the Mandarake in Akihabara there's a chunk part of Giras tail in a case for sale, going for a REALLY amazing amount.
it's gorgeous, believe me.
I forgot the price. Anyone remember?

I think at the last S7 Tokyo tour it had us all chewing our hands off.

i do remember rumors LONG ago about a Gomora seen sitting on someone's balcony in Hawaii. But never heard any more about that.

It was $5000 for the one piece, upper tail section. When I saw that I knew vintage collecting would be Dangerous!!!!!

Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:18 pm

Paulkaiju wrote:i do remember rumors LONG ago about a Gomora seen sitting on someone's balcony in Hawaii. But never heard any more about that.

its too bad no one snapped a pic for you Paul. i bet it wouldve been a hilarious pic to see a behemoth of that size just chilling out, enjoying the Hawaii breeze.

:lol:

Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:18 am

I think it would take a pretty die hard collector to buy that $5000 chunk of tail.

Also a difficult purchase to justify to the other half:

"You paid $5000... for that!?"

"Yeah, but It's the top section of the tail of a giant sized Gomora!!"

"What's a Gomora?"

Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:38 am

Dr. Who wrote:"Yeah, but It's the top section of the tail of a giant sized Gomora!!"
"What's a Gomora?"

"Your mom's cousin"

Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:51 am

Came accross this on a Japanese fan site. Eleking store display, says its around four feet tall if I read it correctly.

Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:40 am

XVivaHateX wrote:Came accross this on a Japanese fan site. Eleking store display, says its around four feet tall if I read it correctly.

I think thats pretty close from the other pictures I have seen. I remember the head only being in a shop about 10 years ago or so, insane.

Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:50 am

Would be cool to see this Eleking (or any large size Bullmarks) in situ, kinda hard to judge the size.

Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:16 am

Life size if your a kid...

Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:27 pm

The pose of that Popy Red King store display always struck me as really weird, like they had different people sculpting different parts of it.

Making a delivery to the museum in Niigata:

And here's the Jirass they have there:

I didn't get a shot of the back of the thing, it's damaged somewhat. These things weren't really meant to last.

Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:36 am

^^ :shock: wow, seriously cool!

Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:29 am

Thanks Roger for posting these pics, really amazing!
Know what you mean about the popy, always thought something was a bit warped about him.
So cool to see the giant sized Girasu though, great job!
Roger wrote:The pose of that Popy Red King store display always struck me as really weird, like they had different people sculpting different parts of it.

Making a delivery to the museum in Niigata:

And here's the Jirass they have there:

I didn't get a shot of the back of the thing, it's damaged somewhat. These things weren't really meant to last.

Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:57 pm

Maybe someone in LA can confirm, but I think when Pony Toy was open in the Japantown there they had one of the Jirass.

Thu May 28, 2015 9:32 am

Jirass Lives!!
this pic is from @funnyara's instagram he posted it about a month ago:

Thu May 28, 2015 9:51 am

NICE! That is completely awesome!
Thanks for shaing that image.

Thu May 28, 2015 10:24 am

So great that this threas has been resurrected. I just wish all the pics hadn't died out. I know Koji also posted a vintage shot with the life-sized Jirass (which I thought I had reposted here as well, but must've been another discussion). Anyway, that is such a fantastic piece of monster beauty. I only wish we could see some more shots of it from different angles and in detail as well. Toy pr0n if ever there was some for me; I could stare at it for hours. I can't even imagine what checking it out in person must be like.
Post a reply