ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
The older and weirder the cooler
Post a reply

Re: Yonezawa

Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:03 pm

well then... looks like it's time to break out a tiny flat-head screw driver, carefully lift some hinges, open this thing up, and see if I can get it working again!

Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:22 am

fixed and back in fire breathing action!
(click for video)

Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:24 pm

Very happy for you, that the repair job was successful.
Have to admit, i am a bit jelly though.
Kittyfire looks great sparking like a champ!

Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:22 pm

Excellent - I have alot of sparkers and a few that don't work. Ive always wanted to pull them apart and fix them but never had the time.

Cheers to you :D

Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:37 pm

Wow, that's excellent Charlie! :) I am so happy that you were able to pop him open and return him to good health. So what was the problem with the sparker, and what did you need to do to fix him, if I might ask? Could be some useful advice for others on here.

Such a great toy. I can think of fewer more suitable kaiju to be made as sparkers. And even better now that he is his old self again.

Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:22 pm

whoops, sorry I forgot to reply ultra!
my job of having to fix it was a lot easier than expected, once I pried the clips open it started working again. when I bought it, it would just barely wind, it was already pretty wound up. so seems like it must've just been something was rubbing and preventing it from being able to spin. so thankfully it was an easy job for me.
Post a reply