ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
The older and weirder the cooler
Post a reply

Help: Bullmark History Box

Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:15 am

I got hold of a Bullmark History Box recently and was wondering if anyone knows about the signed card which is included? It looks as though it is hand signed in marker (not printed), but who is it signed by and what does the text say (I can pick out parts, but struggle to read hand written japanese)?

Re: Help: Bullmark History Box

Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:37 am

I can't help with the translation, sorry, (it will be solved soon enough I am sure :D ) but that is a great card!! I would love to see some more shots of your Bullmark History Box too.

Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:38 am

Dr. Who wrote:Image

I got hold of a Bullmark History Box recently and was wondering if anyone knows about the signed card which is included? It looks as though it is hand signed in marker (not printed), but who is it signed by and what does the text say (I can pick out parts, but struggle to read hand written japanese)?

The line on the left is a date. I see November something? I can't tell what the kanji is above but I am sure it is a year. Since the box was released in 2009. I'm guessing 2009. The middle with the word in english Bullmark is an autograph. I believe it is Ishizuki-san autograph who is the current president and one of the original founders of Bullmark. Then starting from the far right it say child of...then the second line I am not sure on the top kanji but the rest says "dream" and the third line in katakana says "Bullmark."

Hopefully someone with better Japanese reading skills will come by and give a proper translation for you.

Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:53 am

Thanks for the responses, does anyone know a complete translation?

Ultrakaiju, I'll post some close-ups of the History Box when I get a chance!

Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:02 pm

Far right: "Cultivating children's dreams: Bullmark."

Center: Signature of Saburo Ishizuki (founding member of Bullmark and Ark; president of Bullmark in its current incarnation).

Far left: December 22, 2009

Footprints: Bullmark logo (left) and Ishizkui's chop (right).

Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:05 am

AltJapan wrote:Far right: "Cultivating children's dreams: Bullmark."

Center: Signature of Saburo Ishizuki (founding member of Bullmark and Ark; president of Bullmark in its current incarnation).

Far left: December 22, 2009

Footprints: Bullmark logo (left) and Ishizkui's chop (right).

Thanks so much AJ for the answer! (I knew it was something about dream and child...)

For anyone who's interested, heres the rest of the History box contents...

Bullmark History Box & DVD featuring Commercials and a documentary on Bullmark production.

Boxed reproduction advertising posters.

Bullmark Tenugui towel.

Bullmark postcards.

Mini posters & catalogues.

Reproduction Bullmark toy catalogues.

1.5" Bullmark kaiju vinyl info booklets

Bullmark Earthtron vinyl

Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:53 pm

I always thought it said, "Who's your daddy? Bullmark, bitches! Signed, Saburo Ishizuki."

Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:59 pm

^^ :lol:

This is such an amazing set, so much info and goodies are included. I would love to watch those vintage commercials and flip through the repro catalogs. This is an invaluable reference too for anyone that reads Japanese. Congratulations again on picking this up, and thanks for sharing it.

Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:26 am

ultrakaiju wrote:^^ :lol:

This is such an amazing set, so much info and goodies are included. I would love to watch those vintage commercials and flip through the repro catalogs. This is an invaluable reference too for anyone that reads Japanese. Congratulations again on picking this up, and thanks for sharing it.

The DVD is pretty awesome, with a cool docu on Bullmark production process today from vinyl casting to painting to bagging.

Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:46 am

I would love to watch the DVD. Wish someone would do a fansub.

Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:49 pm

I finally found someone who is interested in talking a swing at translating and subbing the disc that came with this set! Only problem? We don't have a copy... If anyone here has one and would like to help please shoot me a PM and we'll figure something out.

Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:56 pm

This would be great!

Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:13 pm

Count me in for a contribution towards this too.

Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:31 pm

An upload or a burn through the mail is all this really needs to get going. Now, if we're talking my dream of subs for Ultra Q, then there might be a call for some contributions :D

Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:19 am

toothaction wrote:I finally found someone who is interested in talking a swing at translating and subbing the disc that came with this set! Only problem? We don't have a copy... If anyone here has one and would like to help please shoot me a PM and we'll figure something out.

I'm on the case!

Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:53 pm

toothaction wrote:An upload or a burn through the mail is all this really needs to get going. Now, if we're talking my dream of subs for Ultra Q, then there might be a call for some contributions :D

It was leaked a few months back, Shout! Factory who is putting out the Ultra Seven next month will be releasing Ultra Q.

Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:54 pm

Geekabilly wrote:
toothaction wrote:An upload or a burn through the mail is all this really needs to get going. Now, if we're talking my dream of subs for Ultra Q, then there might be a call for some contributions :D

It was leaked a few months back, Shout! Factory who is putting out the Ultra Seven dvd next month will also be releasing Ultra Q.

Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:57 pm

Awesome news! I really hope they start upping the quality on these releases. I mean, not expecting blu-ray or anything, but foreign fans have been neglected for so long and had to deal with terrible VHS rips and whatever non-subbed stuff leaked out from Japan.

Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:19 pm

Day = made. I doubt we'll get the colorized versions, too (probably the only instance of this being done that interests me!), but still a dream come come true. Now comes the waiting.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:00 am

Holy poop...musta missed this thread last week. Not to continue the derailment, but Ultra Q from Shout is great news!

But back on topic, I'm psyched to hear that you guys are working on getting the Bullmark History DVD fansubbed.

Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:28 pm

chimmychazz wrote:I'm on the case!
Okay, got the files!
Thanks, Charlie!

Now comes the hard part.

Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:39 pm

Great news David!!! Love those screencaps, especially that football match.

Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:50 pm

^^^ - Thanks, I had no choice but to capture some as soon as the DL finished! If I wasn't so married to my stupid Ultradoodle I'd use the dancing bull for my avatar in half a second.

Now I just need to convince someone to scan every last page of the rest of the box while we're waiting on the translation! :twisted:

Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:08 pm

Can't wait!

Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:08 pm

toothaction wrote:
chimmychazz wrote:I'm on the case!

Now comes the hard part.

Mop dude is hardcore !
Post a reply