ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
The older and weirder the cooler
Post a reply

Re: Help: Bullmark History Box

Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:34 am

Any updates?

Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:39 am

Yes 'n no... I've passed the files on to my friend, but time and logistics still need to be worked out. I'm confident that it will happen, but I wouldn't dare to suggest a time frame! Sooner than never? :wink:

Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:53 pm

Any updates?

Sat May 04, 2013 7:51 pm

Bad news, good news...

My friend had to drop out of the project - pregnant wife trumps translation favor -but just today I found another interested party. Again, I'm sure this will take time, but he seems pretty gung-ho about it - he translates tokus for fun and already owns the Bullmark box!

Sat May 04, 2013 8:21 pm

All of this thread ends up as great news!
Can't wait to see all results.

Sun May 05, 2013 2:19 pm

Funny, I was wondering about this project the other day. Glad to see it still in the works!

Sun May 05, 2013 2:26 pm

Yeah, thanks a lot for sticking on this David. I really appreciate it (and the ongoing Q updates). I know a lot of us are really interested and excited for it, and I am glad there are helpful and dedicated people out that are willing to help sate our appetites.

Sat May 11, 2013 10:43 pm

Yup! Very excited about this! :)

Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:45 pm

Any word on progress?
How long is the DVD?

Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:57 pm

I haven't talked to the guy in a few weeks but I'll try to check in with him tomorrow.

The DVD is fairly short - the doc is around a half hour and there's about a minute and a half of old commercials before it.

Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:23 pm

Thanks for the update.
I will take a 1/2 hour of Bullmark info.

Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:18 am

I may be misreading it, but it looks like it is back up for sale on the Bullmark site

http://www.bullmark.co.jp/shopdetail/001000000001/001/O/page1/order/

Does anybody have the video files from the DVD in their possession? I don't mind if they are without subs

Fri May 16, 2014 2:35 am

Anybody willing to rip the DVD data into some easy to download video files for everybody??

Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:41 pm

This still in the works?

Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:14 pm

Hopefully! I'm sure a handful of board members have this DVD.. If you're unsure of how to rip it into a digital file, this program is very easy to use.

http://www.dvdshrink.org/

Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:45 pm

Ugh, I'm hunting for my fourth translator now! The second guy turned out to be a total flake, and the third fellow ended up overwhelmed with perfectly understandable real-world this and that. This has been a frustrating process. Sorry, Geek.

Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:34 pm

I'm happy to watch without subtitles! :)

... for now.

Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:21 am

Maybe we should all just pitch in and get a real fucking translator to do it. It's not like we're broke...

Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:48 am

Sanjeev wrote:It's not like we're broke...
Hahaha, aren't we? Last time I went to the bank for a loan to pay off the student debt, they [surprisingly] didn't recognise vinyl monster toys as collateral. :P

Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:54 am

Har!

Well, fuck the banks...but in return for getting a translated History Box DVD (and maybe some of the other promotional materials), I think it'd be worth eBaying a figure or two to get some scratch to throw in a pot!

Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:09 pm

I'll be getting a copy on DVD later on this week.. Hopefully I'll have it uploaded to Youtube by the weekend for everybody (untranslated) :)

Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:55 am

Huge thanks goto spacemonkey66 for sending me the files earlier this week!

This is untranslated but still a really cool video to watch, taking you through each step of production at Bullmark. Hopefully at some point we can get subtitles together.. until then or when Youtube removes this please enjoy!

Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:36 am

Nice!!

Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:38 am

^^ I'm looking forward to watching this . . . . thanks dudes! :D

Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:09 am

This is fantastic Glenn-big thanks for posting. I need to pick up one of these boxes, they look to be be well worth the duckets.
Post a reply