ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 1:18 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Strange auctions from that other site(post here after ended) 
S7 Royalty

Post Re: Strange auctions from that other site(post here after en
To whoever won the shit out of that MM Jain auction...

Fuck you. :(

Last edited by Winu on Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:26 am
Profile WWW
Comment King

ultrakaiju wrote:
This guy went for a pretty penny, not so surprising, but you usually don't see that kind of big guns bidding to often outside of YJA. Decent shape with almost no paint wear and just come scuffs. A really sweet figure of course, a killer Kikaida if ever there was one.

Beautiful figure. How much did it go for?

Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:56 pm
Vintage

$676, only for the big boys. :|

flickr part [2] part [3]

Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:09 pm
Illuminati

This is the Henshin Cyborg 12" version (Fishman) - the Muton and Cyborg version (the Amaluk) has a stretchy cloth suit and is smaller (not that u can tell fomr teh pic) as its for the 8 inch Muton figure - whereas this version has the classic Henshin rubber-ish suit. Intereestingly, the Jp version is for good guy Henshin Cyborg, but teh UK version is (as Joe points out) for Muton - the Villian of this piece of toy theatre.

This one is a bit too beat up for my taste. A really minty looking one passed by recently for a great price, I was tempted, but I alaredy have one.

He is TOTALLY vintage - this came out around 1975. The Medicom RAH figures and suits were very influenced by teh Henshin Cyborg line years later.

This is a CLASSIC toy to own!

ultrakaiju wrote:
Someone here may have won this guy, so I thought I would throw it out there. Just wondering if anyone can identify this figure. The seller listed it as vintage, but I am not so sure about that. Looks like a RAH/Joe type body with a rubbery suit. I really like him anyways, but it ended at more than I could pay. Anyone know what he is from and the maker? (apologies in advance for the huge pics)

A really sweet 'Creature' or space alien in any case. Would have loved to have this guy on the shelf to battle it out with some other toys.

Webbing: http://clearwithguts.com/
Wanting: FinkShits and evilShits! http://www.skullbrain.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=27395
Trading: http://www.skullbrain.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=27414

Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:36 pm
Profile WWW
Vintage

Not vinyl, but I was sad (for me being broke) to see this Gaiking/Zargon go for what in my mind is a very reasonable price. Some damage, admittedly, but I would have loved to pick him up just the same if I had been able. With [slightly beat up box] and instructions too. Nice score on something you cant find too often.

Auction

And to whomever sniped this Shugaron away in the last second.....daaaaaamnnnn yooouuuuu!!!! :cry: He is one of my favourite characters, and the magnetic version is just superb fun. Why have the toy gods forsaken me?

Auction

flickr part [2] part [3]

Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:47 pm
Post Pimp

Been meaning to reply to your post for a bit, Steve. That Zargon is, indeed, great...but I'm wondering about a couple factors contributing to it going so low. First, it's a Shogun Warriors item, and we've seen some crazy, CRAZY volatility in that market. I mean, some SHIT-ass toys (that happen to be MIB) going for absurd prices. I think it's the super collectors out there looking to upgrade/complete their collections. But at the same time, "mid-level" stuff (or things in less-than-mint condition) is getting mostly ignored...

The other thing, I think, is simply that folks are more aware of the market in Japan these days. And have you seen the original Popy version of this guy?? Holy shit...it's gorgeous. I realize the Shogun Warriors version and packaging carries a lot of nostalgia in the US...but c'mon. The Popy version is SO much nicer looking...

blog

Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:23 am
Profile WWW
Vintage

You are totally right man. It is so hit-and-miss with these, but sometimes that also means you can get a hell of a deal if you are careful. For myself, I am trying not to catch the robot/Machinder bug, but I have loved them since I was a kid, so they will always have a soft spot for me. Luckily I am just into them for the fun, so I am overly concerned with completeness and condition, or packaging. It is a slippery slope to get into though, and I already have a vinyl crack habit sucking up all my funds like a black hole :lol:

It goes without saying, Popy > Mattel any day of the week.

Speaking of crazy prices too, jumbo collectors do not mess around; something I learned firsthand my Japanese collector friend. But they seem to be really skyrocketing in sales prices this side of the pacific now too.

flickr part [2] part [3]

Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:40 am
Post Pimp

Yeah, man...let's not talk about Machinder prices. That's a whole can of worms worthy of an entire separate bbs. I'm just glad I've got the few I really want...though my small collection could sure use a Boba Fett. ;)

blog

Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:13 pm
Profile WWW
Addicted

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MATANGO-M-Ichig ... 7675.l2557

Over $300 shipped? Really? This has been on my most wanted list for years now, but there's no way I'm dropping that much on it. $150? Yeah. Double that? That's just crazy. One just sold on YJ for 15K yen.

Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:50 pm
Profile WWW
Mr. Grumpy™

ebay is the hardest place to find a deal in this hobby. It can be the shittiest most unwanted toy and sellers think they have a uber grail and jack it up. Looks like this one just got run up by bidders though (only two) as the initial price was only $69.That Unnon Matango is a hard one to come by but didn't think they warranted those prices. I got mine 5 years ago for $110 I think.

Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:01 pm
Profile WWW
Team Tsubu

I just got a superb deal on the bay - http://www.ebay.com/itm/Booska-soft-vin ... true&rt=nc
The seller even switched up to UPS so shipping was a song, too.

I guess it helped that I was the only person in the English speaking world that was interested...

"I think and try to get a monster of flower soft ware toy pig actually, and notice that light unexpectedly."

Flickr one and Flickr two

Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:11 pm
Vintage

Lixx wrote:
That Unnon Matango is a hard one to come by but didn't think they warranted those prices. I got mine 5 years ago for $110 I think.

Sounds about right.
I lucked upon one for $85-90 from a board member a couple years ago.

The yellow Matango seems to go higher, into the $200-$300 range for some reason.

Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:17 pm
Mr. Grumpy™

liquidsky wrote:
Lixx wrote:
That Unnon Matango is a hard one to come by but didn't think they warranted those prices. I got mine 5 years ago for $110 I think.

Sounds about right.
I lucked upon one for $85-90 from a board member a couple years ago.

The yellow Matango seems to go higher, into the $200-$300 range for some reason.

Ha there is always that 250000 yen one listed on YJA for as long as I can remember! Yeah that yellow Matango seems to always go for high amounts for some reason. I grew tired of losing auctions so I had Paul paint me a yellow one and added gold hair and a black spot to the chest:

Paul Kaiju M1 Matango Custom by Beautification Syndrome, on Flickr

I like it better than the original.

Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:41 pm
Profile WWW
Prototype

It was from one of the M1 lucky bags (it was a 'chase' item), so there are probably fewer of them around than any of the other versions.

I've been searching for one of the Baltan 2s from a later lucky bag for about 4-5 years now. I've only seen it come up for sale once.

Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:55 pm
Profile WWW
Vintage

I have to agree with Lixx, ebay is a total crapshoot these days. Bidders there are crazy, and either just have bucketloads of money to drop, or have no idea or care as to what find out what things normally go for, or both. Well I guess it is their loss, it throws off the whole game for the rest of us because I don't have that buying power, and then any fool seller just uses those prices as their new base.

Wow, that yellow custom Matango is sure a beauty, I totally do like it better than the original. You would think that guy on YJA would just give it a rest after so many years :lol:

Couple cool things that didn't go high were these heroes. I really like them, and the artwork on the packaging is fantastic. I especially dig the first guy, beuatiful colours, awesome design - and he is a robot, which I love! Wish I would have be able to throw in a bid for him. I wonder what the Devilman from this series looks like?

flickr part [2] part [3]

Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:23 am
Side Dealer

vintagevinyl wrote:

he looks like this- an amazing villain from gekko kamen. there is a fullsize, midsize, and mini (but the mini is brown i think)

Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:41 am
Profile WWW
Vintage

Ah, so that is the one! Thanks Michael. These are the full-size ones I am pretty sure. Really like this whole series, if anyone has others, post away :D If someone here did grab these dudes, congratulations. It's probably for the best, because I might just be forced to open them if they were mine.

flickr part [2] part [3]

Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:44 am
Mr. Grumpy™

I should qualify my remark and say that on rare occasions you can find a deal, but only on a wrongly listed auction or someone who is selling and not trying to make a huge profit. Usually it's on a toy no one is after. I mean the toys do belong to the owners and they're free to make whatever they can on them, but I mainly frown a large starting bids or insane BIN based on recent activity. It's very easy to spot dickhead sellers. Buyers are also hugely responsible though. Zero patience and willingness to spend outrageous sums (along with trying to impress people here?) makes it very easy for these guys to keep doing what they're doing.

I also think with regards to vintage on ebay: yeah prices will generally be higher, but you also have to factor in convenience (not every feels like dealing with middlemen for YJA), and a general lack of availability. I mean if there were as many YJA listings for vintage japanese toys on ebay, prices would surely fall.

Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:45 am
Profile WWW
Addicted

Proof you should open your toys.

Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:21 pm
Comment King

nope just proof you like to shill bid on other peoples stuff too 8) and advertise the fact :evil: gotta build the hypez where ever possible

Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:26 pm
Mini Boss

Waiting... wrote:
nope just proof you like to shill bid on other peoples stuff too 8) and advertise the fact :evil: gotta build the hypez where ever possible

Just goes to show you that... "if you build it. They be dumb." :wink:

Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:32 pm
Mr. Freshly Smacked Ass

Pogue thanks you for the extra $1,000, whoever you are.

Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:35 pm
Profile WWW
S7 Royalty

how much did the other 2 go far

Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:27 pm
Profile WWW
Addicted

I hate that fucking guy.
On the + side for Ebay....boxed Jumbo Garada K7 US$40 just last year.
Had crayon on the Scythes for some whacky reason, came straight off. Guy had it listed as "Big Green Robot" under miscellaneous toys and action figures but knew exactly what it was in the description.
However I agree with what you guys have said, I've used Ebay since conception and in the early days Shoguns were selling for as little as 10-20 bucks for commons mid 90s.
Today, guys buy common stuff at Walmart, open it up, give it to their kid to whale the shit out of for six months then list it at full shelf MIB price as "RARE" and lunatics pay it.

Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:05 am
Profile WWW
Line of Credit

you can buy shoguns at walmart?

flickr
Wanted Thread

Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:53 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next