ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
The older and weirder the cooler
Post a reply

Re: Miura figures

Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:49 pm

This last one is gorgeous !
I'm waiting for a lot of figures from Japan and there is 2 figures made by miura, I should receive the package on tomorrow I think...or on Monday.

Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:57 pm

I've my rare Muira figure. The cute insects figures from orphan Hutch the honeybee are made by Nakajima, but there is some more rare figures made by Muira and this one is a muira figure from the 70s'

Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:33 pm

plastichunter wrote:This is one very special toy. Must hunt one down for my King Ghidorah collection.

So sad! :(
Got outbid for one of these guys on ebay.
Hope someone in the gang got ahold of it.

Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:38 pm

Sorry you missed out Connell. I'll grant that mine is in rougher shape, but I had no idea that that auction was going to fetch that kind of money. But hey, the interest was clearly there. I hope that someone one here won it too.

Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:35 pm

I was bidding but it got too rich for my blood. Congrats to whoever scored - from the questions posted by the seller it seems that some Japanese buyers were also bidding.

Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:34 pm

Didn't know there was a Ghidorah. Would sure look good with the others...

Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:13 am

my second insect made by Miura (full cleaned)

Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:55 pm

my only miura toy!!!

Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:16 pm

Ah, but it is a good one. A bit unsual in terms of paint and colour though, is this a custom?

Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:50 pm

ultrakaiju wrote:Ah, but it is a good one. A bit unsual in terms of paint and colour though, is this a custom?

no I buy it on yja so as you see, and...
...those are other figures I find on web, colours are the same in different proportions.
Perhaps the painter was not precise and constant :mrgreen:

Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:52 pm

Yeah, the second pic is much more clear. I think just the flash or something and the angle in the first shot made the colours look much more brighter and a heavier application, which looked like it was a touch-up job. The second photo is what I would expect from a vintage paint job.

Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:26 pm

I have now 4 of the 7 insects made by Miura toys .
These Miura have also a similar look like the Hach the orphan honeybee set made by Nakajima.

The 4 Miura (and so, so hard to find XD)

The Miura symbol:

Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:10 pm

Those are extremely cool. Congrats on finding them.

Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:16 pm

they look so pristine—did each one receive your thorough cleaning and retouching treatment?

Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:16 am

only the grasshopper has been corrected, the ladybug was new in original bag and other were in very great shape unlike the grasshopper.

It is hard to find something like this so it is the original "Miura" bag.

Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:13 pm

no kidding, that's a wonderful find. it's the little details, like the backing card with dancing flowers, that makes tracking down original packaging so rewarding.

Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:07 pm

2 MORE!
I received 2 other vintage insects made by Miura.
They are awesome and so hard to get!!

Now I've 6 Miura Insects. I know I miss 2 . (I think they are 8, but I've no catalog, nothing to confirm it)

you can compare them with the full set of Hutch Honeybee (made by Nakajima)
They are same size and style than the Miura.

full set of 7 Nakajima are the line under.

Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:00 am

Finally scored a miura "ghidorah". Such a great, goofy looking toy.

Here is a shot of the three I have, Aboras and Gomora. Just need the godzilla now (I think).

Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:19 am

^^ Wow. Those three are great. I've never seen them before.
I like the slightly over-fed 'chunky' look to the sculpts . . . .

Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:06 am

wow!!! ghidora have a super happy stupid faces!!! :mrgreen:
i love this one

Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:57 pm

So cool. What a great trio.

Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:34 pm

Viva, I was scrolling through random old threads, and happened upon this little bit of interesting info (incase you hadn't known):
vintagevinyl wrote:
in this pic there is a two headed ghidrah and godzilla and gamora knockoff .
have had these for years now but never noticed till the other night that the eyes
and the teeth in these vinyls actually glow !

Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:58 am

Thanks guys. I didnt know that about the glow painted eyes and teeth. Very cool, thanks for the info!

Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:07 am

Ah, so glad you shared those pics here Jonathan, I was thrilled to see the trio of them when you posted them on flickr. The Miura boots sure are something else, congrats on landing the Ghidorah at last! :) I'd really love to grab the others as well. I am always looking to build my family of fun characters like these, and they are some of the best for vintage.

Funny that you mentioned the teeth Charlie. This was a surprise to me as well, something I thought I shared here too after I landed my two-headed fella, but I can't seem to find the pic now. It was a pleasant 'surprise' to see his eerie goofy grin (albeit quite faint) staring back at me in my tiny Japanese dorm room after I adopted him . Anyhow, I have much love for Miura toys, so I am really happy to see these fellas here.
Post a reply