ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
The older and weirder the cooler
Post a reply

Re: Kamen Rider series

Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:24 pm

This was a line form the early 200s time frame - the same time as the unifive repros. It only lasted about a year or so. The figures don't stand up so well, but they made 7-8 different figures. I think I have 6 of them. You used to be able to get them super cheap on yahoo, they were not popular.

scobot wrote:The removable Kamen rider Stronger is a fantastic figure ..

on the KR front , I picked this kamen rider 2 up a few months ago but dont know anything about him ... anyone have the candy ?

The auction listed him as " Ohno sword society of friends "

Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:48 am

Thanks Brian ... makes sense..he was only about 3000yen

Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:12 am

Anyone out there have a picture link to the Unfive Kamen re-issues of the standard sized KR villains. I'm something of a compleatist...slow and steady...but man! those reissues are confusing the heck out of me. Would like to know once and for all which have been reissued and perhaps any way to tell the difference between them?

-thanks

Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:54 pm

I know The Wolf, Batman, Mantis, Scorpion, Sarracenia, and three versions of the Shocker guys. I have Wolf, Batman, and Sarracenia, but don't own any real deal standard vintage KR Villains so I can't comment on their belts. I suspect the reissues have thinner cheaper belts and there would some markings on the bottom of the feet distinguishing vintage vs reissue.

Mon May 04, 2015 10:39 am

Finally scored the last giant villain I was searching for, Jigoku Sanda. Had some nice weather this weekend so I went for a group shot outside.

Mon May 04, 2015 10:58 am

Oh wow, complete and utterly impressive. Congratulations! You've amassed ones in particularly nice shape as well, I should point out to anyone unfamiliar. That alone warrants a pat on the back. A lovely photo too. These guys look perfect against a natural backdrop. Thanks for taking the time, and for sharing it with us. :D

Mon May 04, 2015 6:09 pm

Well done -- they are fabulous figures !

Mon May 04, 2015 6:21 pm

Ha Jonathan I was going to post a comment on Flickr today but since I refuse to upgrade my browser they won't let me! Fucking Flickr what a joke anymore.

Anyhow really impressed you found them all. Great shot. What is it about taking toys outside that makes them just look so much better?!

Mon May 04, 2015 7:06 pm

Congrats XVivaHateX amazing collection, I think the others have already said everything, I can only say that is a delight to see your photo. :D

Wed May 06, 2015 8:57 am

Thanks for the nice comments guys. Im still missing the aconite one but im not too keen on him (also a decent giant rider himself).

Wed May 06, 2015 9:06 am

Awesome outdoor group shot! They could have pass off as human size!

Wed May 06, 2015 12:06 pm

beautiful, congratulations xvivahatex
Post a reply