ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
The older and weirder the cooler
Post a reply

Re: Kamen Rider series

Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:19 pm

Any new news on re-issues? I'm still trying to track down a re-Issued Kamen Rider as it is. I keep missing the ones sold in the sales thread! :cry:

Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:30 am

pyramid of evil. made a trade and got some new kaijin in. missing a couple from my collection in america.

tobor2099- im not an expert on the reissues but im sure yahoo japan has them regularly, they cant be too difficult to track down.

Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:43 pm

Really bad pic of the ever expanding Kamen Rider corner. New in Popy clear, and that mid sized 'dancing hands' KR. I thought it would be the size of that Barom One I got but its much bigger:

Kamen Rider Corner by Beautification Syndrome, on Flickr

Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:36 pm

Popy Kamen Rider by Beautification Syndrome, on Flickr
Kamen Rider Bootleg by Beautification Syndrome, on Flickr

Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:41 pm

Those are both beauties. I have never seen a 'dancing' bootleg in a large size like that before, but now it is a must have (not sure whether I should thank you for that or not :lol: ). Makes me wonder if there are other boogieing bootlegs out there in that size. Great finds Lixx.

Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:47 pm

ultrakaiju wrote:Those are both beauties. I have never seen a 'dancing' bootleg in a large size like that before, but now it is a must have (not sure whether I should thank you for that or not :lol: ). Makes me wonder if there are other boogieing bootlegs out there in that size. Great finds Lixx.

Thanks yeah he is almost 8 inches and the vinyl feels like it could be poly:

Kamen Rider Bootleg by Beautification Syndrome, on Flickr

I'm wondering if there are others myself because if this is at all connected to this bootleg series shown here in datadub's flickr:

IMG_0025 by datadub, on Flickr

Then it would stand to reason there could be other larger characters with dancing hands.

Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:51 pm

It is such a great pose, and Don's collection is mighty impressive - I would do a lot of bad things to get my hands on some of those. I am not sure if this was one maker, or something that was just mimicked by other bootleggers, since I think I have seen some different versions. I am very hopeful there are more 8" versions out there. The leg stance too is just fantastic.

Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:40 pm

Like that pose !... I have a similar one which is a pencil sharpener vinyl about the same size -- I will dig it up and add it here.

Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:00 pm

Ahh had it on my computer ... In my mind I thought they were similar but no... he is 6.5 inches (I took the sharpener out as I was cleaning him)I have a few of these style vinyls rough and awesome!

Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:09 pm

Lixx wrote:Image
Popy Kamen Rider by Beautification Syndrome, on Flickr

Clear bootleg! That is so cool!

Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:36 pm

I don't thnk its a boot, just a Popy cyborg sans inserts. If I'm wrong and it is that would be cool.

Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:58 pm

I got another dancing hands I forgot to post. Kamen Rider X. Really dig his gold painted helmet:

Kamen Rider X by Beautification Syndrome, on Flickr

Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:43 pm

New bee girl is coming! I'm trying to figure how to get one now!!!
http://www.medicomtoy.co.jp/list/7707.html

Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:18 pm

Thought I should put this original standard size header and catalogue here .... I get woozy when I think of the original 380 yen retail price!

Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:23 pm

That artwork and packaging is amazing. I love to finally see a collage of all the figures as a checklist, and it is also interesting to not the differences with the production figures. 650 yen for a giant size?? Those must've been some lucky kids. I remember even when things like the Millenium Falcon came out, they were very 'pricey' for the day. The puppets are really great too, I have never seen the Cobraman one.

Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:34 pm

WOW! Thanks for sharing! Sooo much goodness! :)

Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:19 pm

Tracked down these finger puppets recently, figured id take some decent photos. I think finding the actual rider one is going to be tough though.

Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:06 pm

Great scores ... yeah finding the masked rider is tough especially with his mask, there is also one other villain - Saboteguron!

Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:46 am

Lixx if it's possible could you please take a pic showing the size comparison of your repro kamen rider and that V3 rider in the background?
I've been looking at a few V3 Riders but I'm not sure how they look with my repro.
Thanks! ;)

Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:35 pm

tobor2099 wrote:Lixx if it's possible could you please take a pic showing the size comparison of your repro kamen rider and that V3 rider in the background?
I've been looking at a few V3 Riders but I'm not sure how they look with my repro.
Thanks! ;)

At the moment I'm pretty busy with school and the way my set up is just taking one toy out creates the domino effect. Maybe I can get to it later in the week? No promises. Finals etc etc...

Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:19 pm

Sure! I totally understand! No worries.
If anyone else has them and can take a pic I'd appreciate it.
Otherwise, when ever you can, Lixx.
Good luck on finals, dude! :wink:
Thnx!

Wed May 08, 2013 6:03 am

got a group of these guys recently. as stated before, they have great detail for such tiny toys. also, im lucky that they all stand on their own- just took a hand shot for scale.

Wed May 08, 2013 6:16 am

Gah. So jealous Michael. You picked up some great ones there. It is funny how simple little toys like these (at least for me) can still give you as much joy, and even more so, than large one sometimes. Congrats on the find, I'm looking forward to seeing your ever-growing collection shots.

Wed May 08, 2013 6:20 am

yeah i know what you mean. these little guys make me want to carry them in my pocket, and im constantly picking up each one and checking them out

and ill be back in america in early july, so (as nerdy as it sounds) i am very excited to take a shot of all my vintage stuff together, and see the other things ive amassed in the mail stateside.

Wed May 08, 2013 8:39 am

Those dudes are all hard ABS plastic, not the typical keshigomu rubber, right?

Very damn cool either way!
Post a reply