ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
The older and weirder the cooler
Post a reply

Re: Vintage Mail Day

Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:50 am

Great lot! I rarely see the Bemular. I don't think its rare, but for some reason, it does not seem to pop up that often on YJ.

Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:02 am

Amazing group, you've been busy

I gotta come over soon and check out these guys in person

Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:33 am

Bandai 1983
Does anyone recognise this character? She looks familiar but i cant place her . . .

Doraemon
Anyone wanna have a go at putting a date on these two?

Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:34 pm

Thats the female character from Paman. Id guess the doraemon are from the early 80s?

Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:38 pm

Thanks!

Her style was familiar and now I know why. I'm not so familiar with Paman, but i certainly know some of their other works.
I'm wondering now if she is missing her helmet?

I was guessing late 70's/80's for the Doraemon. I was pretty sure pre-90's because of the old fashioned non-windup walker.
You just need a slope and off he goes.

Also, I haven't seen a suction cup popper toy in a looooong time . . . .

*edit*

Looking at this one, she's definitely missing her helmet.

Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:53 am

Some of the Bullmark March maddness I have received in the mail.

Out of all the Earthtron figures out there new or old this is one is my favorite.

Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:27 am

A man after my own heart! :D I have always loved Earthtron too, something about him is just fanstastic and strikes all my chords. Love the colours on the Bullmark, an excellent balance and really complimentary. Congrats on all the new fellas (giant Ace is definitely no slouch either), including that lovely beastie!

Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:07 am

^ Agreed! Beautiful, congrats Chimply! :D And as always, perfect background color to compliment the subject ~

Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:10 am

chimply.kaiju wrote:Some of the Bullmark March maddness I have received in the mail.

Nice Anthony! Great pick-ups! I have that Giant Ultra Ace -only mine is missing the helmet. :(

Sun Mar 20, 2016 4:35 pm

Great score chimply.kaiju, that Ultra Ace it´s stunning :!:
I need one of those, do you track it in YJP or in a store? :mrgreen:

Sun Mar 20, 2016 6:13 pm

Thanks guys. I'll keep an eye out on the helmet for you Chris.

Alebrije, it was from a YJA.

Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:23 pm

chimply.kaiju wrote:Thanks guys. I'll keep an eye out on the helmet for you Chris.

Thanks Anthony. Also looking for the helmet/mask to the Giant Thundermask, if you ever see that as well.

Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:53 pm

Not mail but my vintage haul from a recent vacation.
The very cool prehistoric animal quoits (ring toss) game by Daiwa and the Takatoku pachi/dino guy came from CKA.
The Sun Tower came from Kobe Toys. The red Triceratops and the small KR villain came from Gojira Ya.
The little tin car came from a flea market near Himeji Castle (Ima use it in place of the MAT car for the Bullmark magnet hand kaiju) The other stuff came from guys who had vintage stuff at Wonfes. Better pictures to come.

Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:09 pm

Congrats Mark K great haul!
My favorite it´s the big kaiju yellow and green. :mrgreen:

Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:01 pm

Lixx wrote:
chimply.kaiju wrote:Some of the Bullmark March maddness I have received in the mail.

great haul!

Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:38 pm

Great pick-ups Mark!

The ring toss game is pretty amazing, never seen it, really nice figures. And you know I love that Takatoku guy..

Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:19 am

Wonderful gang, Anthony! Tsubu4Life.

Any chance of some closeup shots of your new prehistorics, Mark? Such a fun looking set.

Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:18 pm

Wonderful things Mark! :shock: That ring toss game looks positively ancient, and yet still minty. Very nice indeed, and I am curious as to how you'll choose to display it in your collection. Can I please ask who made the double pink turtles? Looking forward to seeing more treasures! Totally peanut butter and jelly here :mrgreen:

P.S. Dear Chimply, I am also very jelly! :mrgreen: What a beautiful Earthtron! Lovely photo too.

Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:49 pm

That woolly mammoth is so cool!

Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:31 pm

Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:59 pm

Bandai Marusan/Bullmark Minya reissue from 1992. Not actually consider vintage yet.

Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:43 pm

chimply.kaiju wrote:Bandai Marusan/Bullmark Minya reissue from 1992. Not actually consider vintage yet.

I took a shot with it being 24 years old, friend of mine got it for me as a birthday gift and thought i should post somewhere, shoulda just stuck to the normal mail day lol sorry for the inconvenience

Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:40 pm

Average_Torso wrote:I took a shot with it being 24 years old, friend of mine got it for me as a birthday gift and thought i should post somewhere, shoulda just stuck to the normal mail day lol sorry for the inconvenience

No need to be sorry. Didn't mean to make it seem like I was scolding you. It's always great when collectors show their toys.

Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:05 pm

chimply.kaiju wrote:
No need to be sorry. Didn't mean to make it seem like I was scolding you. It's always great when collectors show their toys.

Ahh it's cool, man! I didn't feel scolded, I appreciate the heads up! I just know how things can turn around here and I was like great, i fucked up haha fresh meats gotta learn somehow lol

Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:13 pm

I've got plenty of the '92 reissues (including that one). Great figures to fill in gaps until the older stuff can be had. Congrats.
Post a reply