ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 5:21 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1087 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44
 Vintage Mail Day 
Addicted

Post Re: Vintage Mail Day
Late to the party - what a great Godzilla! That is my favorite version too. (Now if only I can get my hands on one!) Your specimen is so minty fresh, I feel that I can brush my teeth with it! This color green always makes it seem like it is transparent, similar to the giant Marusan reissue version (which is very faintly transparent).

Really nice Ninja Arashi, Albrije! The benefit of these bags is that the staples can be gently pried open and then resealed in the future. But its always nice to display with the header and backing card too.

Fri May 27, 2016 7:40 am
Profile WWW
Fresh Meat

Kingboy D - It is interesting how that metallic green paint tricks your eye. The base vinyl is the standard blue/green goji vinyl, but the paint spray seems to turn that into a lighter color when photographed. I would love to find one of those giant Marusan transparent/Hawaii figures. I have the giant in the classic blue/green style, and it's another favorite. Definitely my tallest gojira, even bigger than the Bullmark Giant!

Fri May 27, 2016 11:03 am
Post Pimp

deafmetal wrote:
Kingboy D - It is interesting how that metallic green paint tricks your eye. The base vinyl is the standard blue/green goji vinyl, but the paint spray seems to turn that into a lighter color when photographed.

Well put. So true!

blog

Sat May 28, 2016 1:12 pm
Profile WWW
Addicted

Kingboy D wrote:
Really nice Ninja Arashi, Albrije! The benefit of these bags is that the staples can be gently pried open and then resealed in the future. But its always nice to display with the header and backing card too.

Thanks you Kingboy D, that´s a good option too.
Best regards!

Sat May 28, 2016 3:27 pm
Fresh Meat

deafmetal wrote:
Kingboy D - It is interesting how that metallic green paint tricks your eye. The base vinyl is the standard blue/green goji vinyl, but the paint spray seems to turn that into a lighter color when photographed!

I've never really considered the Hawaiian's base vinyl the same as the standard blue/green's vinyl. Mine looks really dark green. I don't have a zillion standard versions to compare, but when I look at the two I have, the Hawaiian (middle) looks less blue and is darker.

Now that I've looked around and let my eyes not be distracted by the metallic green, I've noticed several Hawaiian with a bluer base vinyl. Yet another collector I know that has a Hawaiian has a base vinyl that looks more like mine too. I'm starting to wonder if the Hawaiian Isn't much different from the Japanese version in that some are a brighter blue/green base vinyl and some are dark green?

Mon May 30, 2016 11:38 am
Post Pimp

Interesting! Next time I'm at my mother's house--er...I mean, my "storage unit"!--I'll have to take some natural daylight photos of my Gojis' feet. I know the tone of the blue varies a lot from figure to figure...but I always just assumed it was more or less random (based on what the blue vinyl stock looked like at the factory that day).

It'd be pretty cool to discover that certain shades were connected to different paint versions of the figure!

blog

Mon May 30, 2016 1:28 pm
Profile WWW
Fresh Meat

When I compare my Hawaiian goji to another Bullmark that I consider "more green than blue", it definitely looks more blue, at least under these lights (Hawaii on right):
I have seen a lot of variation in color between both Marusan and Bullmark gojis, and it wouldn't surprise me if there were Hawaiian sprays of many variations. In fact, the Hawaiian shown in Super7 issue 01 is labeled as a green Bullmark:
My green Bullmark looks like the one on the left. I love all the various shades of the blue and green goji rainbow. :mrgreen:

Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:41 pm
Addicted

Got a new shipment in. I didn't have any time to clean them. I've been after the Strongar for a long time. This is not the best specimen, but it will do the job for me! Still hunting for an Inazuman though!

This was one I got in last month:

Last edited by Kingboy D on Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:34 pm
Profile WWW
Addicted

^
I think these are super!
Good job finding them!!

Chibi Goji Toys
*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_

Looking for colorful Mysterious Monsters

Sun Jun 05, 2016 11:00 pm
Profile WWW
Side Dealer

Agreed! Congrats, I'd love to have a Gold Satan one day~ sigh*

Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:42 pm
Profile WWW
Vintage

Man, great haul of toys! The Stronger is indeed a very nice find with his removable mask. They are all really nice, and I am pretty darn jealous of 'em, the Earthtron duo particularly is a source of deep love. I always wish Bandai had done more of the standard size robot series; I can never get enough of big robos like that.

flickr part [2] part [3]

Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:02 pm
Fresh Meat

Kingboy D - That must have been a fun vintage mail day! The Gold Satan looks rad as hell. I really like the paint colors on that piece.

Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:37 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1087 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44