ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
The older and weirder the cooler
Post a reply

Re: Vintage Mail Day

Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:47 am

Nothing too exciting:

I love that Kamen Rider vintage toy book they're standing on also. I desperately want to magic eraser the Triple Fighter but I'm afraid to. My g/f got 'not mr clean' magic erasers and almost took the paint off a vintage toy a month ago. I always do a tiny test on the bottom foot and it was some ghetto brand magic eraser that looked like it might strip.
Last edited by Lixx on Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:52 am

I love my KR book and the Kure Kure guy is so cool.

Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:39 am

so envious of the Kure Kure Takora figure!

Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:19 pm

Thanks to michael's toothpaste trick I got most of the scuff/marker marks off. Added bonus- you lose the musty old vinyl smell :)

Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:36 pm

Yes ! pendants ! and triple fighter is always a great addition to a vintage shelf -- Great pick ups

Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:31 am

Great stuff Chris. I really like the Rider pendant, I have the blue chest version. You should be able to clean most of those scuffs with the eraser, the part id watch out for is the silver spots. Im my experience silver comes off easier than any other color.

Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:36 am

Sweet haul indeed. So I am judging that to be the large scale triple fighter? Awesome pendants too, I am missing nearly all of the chains for mine.

Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:07 am

ultrakaiju wrote:Sweet haul indeed. So I am judging that to be the large scale triple fighter? Awesome pendants too, I am missing nearly all of the chains for mine.

Definitely Large Scale. He's on par with the removable mask Redman (also by Bullmark), Bootleg removable mask Thundermask, and the Marusan Ultraseven. Taller than standard but not quite as big as say Jumbo Bandai Thundermask. I like that he has red eyes painted on the mask. Most of the one's I've seen have been that light blue color.

Yeah all my pendants came with pretty nice chains. I've discovered they can be tough to display, but what I do is clear the area and slowly lower the chain to the space directly behind the toy. Otherwise it's dominos if I try to just put one in there and drop the chain in.

Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:26 am

Bootleg Poly Knock Off Kamen Rider:

Last edited by Lixx on Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:07 pm

"Poly", as in polyethylene? Jumbo material? Neat!

Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:32 pm

Sanjeev wrote:"Poly", as in polyethylene? Jumbo material? Neat!

Yeah I was told it was blow molded polyethylene. Not quite jumbo though, around 11 inches tall. Super cheap toy originally, I also felt a little stickiness where a sticker was for the belt buckle. I like it, it was pretty cheap, never really saw one before.

Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:35 pm

Just got this Ace yesterday..

Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:25 pm

Nice Geekabilly. I love how a lot of the Bullmark heads look similar with the exception of hair color. Although I read somewhere (can't remember where- maybe Amazing Toy) that the heads were sculpted to look like the actors portraying the character. I know Ultraman Taro looks different, and when you get into Bandai removable masks the heads are always different it seems.

Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:38 pm

Nice pick ups Lixx and Geekabilly. A little more poly.

Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:31 pm

oh man i have wanted that King Kong for years- very cool
very dark colors on that one compared to others i've seen

Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:57 am

Last Friday I received my package from Japan with a lot of interesting !
(Everything is from Yahoo auction not.. e-bay)

Some are'nt vintage, but here are close photos of some vintage.

Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:00 pm

He's a little beat up, but I've got a Kikaider now! 8-ish inches of unknown maker goodness.

Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:00 pm

I think that Kikaida is made by Takatoku.

Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:23 pm

Thanks yet again Lixx. That would explain the TT mark on his foot!

Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:29 pm

Larva...finally!

Now, I just need a Marusan adult Mothra...and I'll be golden! ;)

Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:00 pm

Great score on the Mothra larva, was just talking about this item today.

Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:31 pm

Rakiko wrote:Last Friday I received my package from Japan with a lot of interesting !
(Everything is from Yahoo auction not.. e-bay)

Lovely RISK Bambi dolls! :wink:

Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:58 pm

Sanjeev wrote:Larva...finally!

Now, I just need a Marusan adult Mothra...and I'll be golden! ;)

Dick!!! :)

Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:03 pm

Baikin wrote:Dick!!! :)

:oops:

:lol:

Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:58 pm

Went to the Pittsburgh Toy Show (aka the Steel City Con) today. What a waste of time. What is this world coming to when more guys line up to meet Sgt. Slaughter than Cassandra Peterson??? Anyway, I digress...Came home to this package waiting for me in the rain. Not a bad day after all.

Post a reply