ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
The older and weirder the cooler
Post a reply

Re: Original Advertising Art

Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:35 am

Wow Mark! I am extremely impressed you continue to add to this already phenomenal collection. The pieces are all great. Stunning pieces of history, and simply phenomenal artwork. To own something like this is a thing I can definitely appreciate. I expect to only see such fantastic originals in a museum. I could really look at such art for hours, and truly respect your appreciation of them. To combine this with the package for the 'full story' is just superb. I love it! :D Congratulations on the new pick up! I would love to see a shot of your wall(s) if you have several of these on display together.

Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:11 am

Mark K wrote:Recently scored this fantastic Jumborg Ace piece by Masami Watanabe

That's really an amazing piece. The artwork really stands out. I like the colors in the sky. That paper has it dated 1973.

Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:05 am

Mark K wrote:Image

Just says:
Jumborg A
1973, Tsuburaya Pro
Illustration: Watanabe Masami

Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:02 am

Thank you, Chimply and Kappa!

Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:48 pm

I missed this thread before now. Amazing collection! I think it's great to go after the artwork from this era. There is some excellent art on the packaging and promotions. Thanks for sharing.
Post a reply