ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
The older and weirder the cooler
Post a reply

Re: Clear

Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:15 am

andy wrote:From my knowledge, the clear Thundermask is unlicensed.

Thanks for that info andy. I keep mentioning it in the hopes Flynn will take a pic of his for this thread. :wink:

Re: Cyborg Clear

Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:27 pm

give me a minute....

Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:44 pm

Clear Thundermask is a bootleg. I think I have seen it with tinsel inserts, but not 100% sure.

Clear Rainbowman are both bootleg

Clear non-cyborg Kikaida is real, made by Takatoku (cyborg version by Popy)

Iron King with blue or green spray by Takatoku.

Also, because i am an awful person and post with the easiest service possible, please check my instagram account for more toy pics. IG: brianflynn

Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:58 pm

Well Brian I may be able to sleep better at night knowing I'm not crazy and that clear Thundermask exists BUT I'm sure it will haunt my dreams! Thanks for posting.

Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:07 pm

Wow, at long last!! We finally get to see an actual full-size photo of him. Thank you so much for taking the time to snap those pics and post them Brian. I second Lixx's [semi] relaxedness now that we have a documented capture of him in the wild. I really love the transitional colours on him. And the other are great too of course. Love clear guys.

Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:32 am

New edition to my small cyborg corner. Need to take some proper shots/close ups of this clear Bullmark Triple Fighter but can't resist posting (sorry for the quick crap pics):

The person who sold me this was not kidding about the condition. No rubs, scrapes, or anything. Beautiful toy!
Last edited by Lixx on Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:49 am

^And what a difference gold tinsel can make; it looks bloody majestic.

Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:29 am

Kuolio wrote:^And what a difference gold tinsel can make; it looks bloody majestic.

It's actually silver tinsel but the amber color of the vinyl makes it look gold, but yeah it really stands out.

Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:10 pm

Actually some better pics. I know I know, no sun- but what's the point of having something clear if you can't take a pic of natural light shining through it? :wink:

Last edited by Lixx on Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:58 pm

Hell yes. That guy is just so amazing Lixx. You got a great score on him, and he is in perfect shape as you said. Such a beauty. I am glad you were able to add him to your collection. Looks just stunning with the yellow vinyl, light, and tinsel underneath. I am very jealous.

Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:50 pm

Super badass man, congrats.

Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:43 pm

That toy's fuggin' majestic.

Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:46 pm

:shock: :shock: Wow...thats one of the best looking clear toys ive ever seen. He wasnt joking about the condition either. Good call deciding to go for it.

Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:08 pm

Thanks guys! I could not resist the opportunity to own a larger clear vintage toy, especially one in this shape. I'm grateful for the offer from another SB member.

Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:14 pm

It's ridiculous to see paint that clean on a vintage toy.

Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:01 am

*Gasp!* My dream figure!!! Amazing! :shock:
Congrats!!

Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:59 am

Hey, Chris. Finally! Here are some pics of my cyborg guys. I did not shoot any of the smaller size as all of them are already shown in the thread.

Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:17 am

Oh. My. God. That Zoffy is just.....amazing. I have not seen him before, but he has just moved into a grail position for me. He is such a real stunner. I don't know whether to cry from utter crushing joy or heartache right now.

A beautiful set Mark, congrats on a nice collection. The Godman is another one that you sure don't see too often. Oh, and it doesn't matter if we've seen them before, more pics are always welcome - at least that is my opinion on it. Every vintage figure has its own unique history, and each one deserves to be appreciated.

Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:25 am

Spectacular shots Mark! Man that Triple Fighter is even more immaculate than the one I just got. I really want to own a Godman removable mask one day but that cyborg version is just out of this world. So hard to track down a regular one let alone a cyborg version. It's interesting to me that with the Godman they chose to keep the head normal as opposed to making the head clear for the Triple Fighter. Wonder why they did that? Zoffy is just pure mechanical joy underneath with zero human element.

Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:31 pm

Beautiful! really enjoy the inserts on Godman and Zoffy :mrgreen:

Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:21 pm

Such beautiful toys, guys, and thanks for the great shots - showing off just how amazing these pieces are.

I'll have to get some nice shots of my popy kikaida. He's actually still bagged cause I swore I wouldn't open him until I took some nice pictures right after. Soooo, he'll be as fresh as they come... Well, still old, but damn sexy. Like that foxy raquel welch.

Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:59 pm

Here's a Popy clear Space Sheriff Gavan..

Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:13 pm

Very pretty. The clear and tinsel really work well w/ this guy.

Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:35 pm

Tinsel almost looks like wiring in that last pic Scott. Giving it more cyborg flavor. Very nice.

Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:53 am

Just picked up this clear vintage 5" cyborg figure. The backer card says 透明人間 (Tomei Ningen - "Transparent Human").

It's unmarked, so the maker is unknown. The birthing hips remind me of Takatoku, but it has Popyish guts inserts with a Takara Henshin Cyborg vibe thrown in for good measure.

So some crazy frankenvinyl bootleg brew action going on. Anyway, I think it's a fun figure.

Post a reply