ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
The older and weirder the cooler
Post a reply

Re: Headshots, bits, and other close-ups

Fri Dec 18, 2015 2:21 pm

Keeping the theme going, profile in orange.

Thu May 26, 2016 8:35 am

it's been a while since I've posted one of these up...
one mini, and the rest are standard sized bullmarks
any guesses?

Thu May 26, 2016 8:43 am

Nice one, I love the emerald theme! :D

I won't name any name just yet, to give others a chance to puzzle it out for a while. I love these, thanks Charlie!

Thu May 26, 2016 8:46 am

Yeah, I'll stand down, too - although I'm only sure about 4 of the 5 so far.

Great game, as ever!

Thu May 26, 2016 1:07 pm

One of my earlier vintage pickups and one of my favorite vintage sculpts. He's rough, but he's mine.

Thu May 26, 2016 4:20 pm

Prometheum5 wrote:[He's rough, but he's mine.

Funny my wife says the same thing when we meet new people.

Nice Wyndham! A difficult toy to pick up in any condition.

Fri Jun 03, 2016 2:54 pm

Sun Jun 05, 2016 10:10 pm

Time to chip at this one ... is it ....

Bottom left - mini Anguirus
Bottom right - standard Ghostron

Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:29 am

^^ you are correct!

Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:41 pm

Middle right- Bullmark Antler?

Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:27 pm

yep, two to go...

Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:29 pm

Is top right Bullmark Grania per chance?

I know less than nothing about vintage, so I am probably WRONG! :lol:

The top left melted candlewax texture is looking very goji-like, possibly a giant bullmark Godzilla but I am probably wrong again. Interested to find out the results.

Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:31 am

Don't worry, you know some vintage :wink:
Grania is correct, and the top left is veryyyyy Goji-esque but think with more of a frilly collar.

Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:37 am

chimmychazz wrote:Don't worry, you know some vintage :wink:
Grania is correct, and the top left is veryyyyy Goji-esque but think with more of a frilly collar.

So it's Jirass?

Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:48 am

Ding-ding-ding-ding!

This was a really great one Charlie. I know I loved the mystery of each of these, and you always manage to take such nice close up shots of their bits. :P Many thanks for posting these.

Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:14 pm

Awesome Charlie, these are fun and help us all to become better students of the kaiju. Thanks

Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:10 pm

:mrgreen: Thanks you guys, these are fun to do/make.
No fancy camera, I use my iphone for taking pics... I just try to get the most out of it.
Image Image Image Image Image

Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:08 pm

I'm ready for the next round or perhaps I should attempt one myself?

Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:37 pm

I'm definitely game, Chris. I'll take any excuse to check out some more photos of your vintage stuff, though I can already picture all the careful rearranging it will require to break some out of the pack. :wink:

That is such a delightful Jirass shot, Charlie. His expression and arms up in the air like that (not to mention his little extended pudgy digits!) are immediately bringing to mind all kinds of captioning possibilities. :P I really love that guy, frills, wrinkles, and all. I just want to take him on all kinds of wonderful adventures.

Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:44 pm

ultrakaiju wrote:I'm definitely game, Chris. I'll take any excuse to check out some more photos of your vintage stuff, though I can already picture all the careful rearranging it will require to break some out of the pack. :wink:

That is such a delightful Jirass shot, Charlie. His expression and arms up in the air like that (not to mention his little extended pudgy digits!) are immediately bringing to mind all kinds of captioning possibilities. :P I really love that guy, frills, wrinkles, and all.

Well I started to take some pics- I want to try to make it challenging but my camera died. As soon as I get a charge I've give it a go. Just have to figure out how to shrink and combine pics into the cool collage you guys do. I have Mac can I do that in preview or iphoto? Don't have photoshop anymore.

I concur on Jirass. How is it I do not own one?

Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:41 pm

Lixx, I just use an app on my iphone, Frametastic... though it doesn't seem to be available on my mac through the app store.
But they do seem to have a few collage/picture frame apps that should do the same thing.
Post a reply