ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
The older and weirder the cooler
Post a reply

Re: Kikaida love

Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:28 pm

Here's a photo of my old standard sized Takatoku. He may not live with me any longer, but that doesn't mean that I don't love him!

Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:53 pm

Aw, where is he, I need that fella!

Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:14 am

Found this pic online somewhere. This Bandai Kikaida 01 is my precious right now. I literally search for pics hoping to get another glimpse. Pathetic right?:

Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:24 pm

I would not say that is pathetic at all. We all do it - well, I do anyways. And I would say that is a sign of being a real collector and appreciator of these toys. This isn't just some fly-by-night, spur on a whim interest. I have googled and saved tons of pictures, and just love discovering new views and photos of toys out there, even if they are not for sale or I can't afford them.

What is much worse, on a personal level anyways, is the shear amount of time I have spent poring over and analysing the detail and paint minutiae in toys, and drawing comparisons between them; especially for tiny or really horribly grainy images. :oops: Oh, the many hours we devote to this hobby. But I wouldn't say any of it is wasted!

Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:50 am

This is the one Brian was referring to, right? I am not sure why its said that this is so hard to obtain. I've seen plenty over the past few years, especially on ebay. Granted, its not cheap. But it is available.

Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:55 am

Kingboy D wrote:This is the one Brian was referring to, right? I am not sure why its said that this is so hard to obtain. I've seen plenty over the past few years, especially on ebay. Granted, its not cheap. But it is available.

No that's the Takemi Light Up I was mentioning earlier:

I know Bandai Kikaida 01 comes around, just haven't seen one in a bit except on YJA- which they always go for a mint there.

Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:06 am

Ahh, gotcha. There was a disconnect because of posting in-between the comments. Nevermind, then. ;)

Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:27 pm

Well, not vintage, but did a quick photo shoot with this MaxToy clear version today. Really love the clear vinyl figures, and the inserts on this one are very nice. I know it can be more difficult to work with, but I wish more modern companies would take on clear/cyborg guys. MaxToyCo did a great job on these guys.

ImageImage

Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:33 pm

And for good measure (since I have already broken the 'rule'), here is my other MaxToy version of the regular Kikaida. I highly recommend picking these guys up if you have the chance. An excellent figure, and perfect substitute to a vintage figure for someone on a budget, and for the others who already have vintage Kikaidas, well they fit right in!

Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:52 pm

Okay, back to your regularly scheduled vintage programming. Here is the Popy Kikaida 01 mini.

Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:49 am

Thanks to everyone showing there Kikaida photos on here. I love the Kikaida figures and it reminds me that I need more in my collection.
Post a reply