ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
The older and weirder the cooler
Post a reply

Kikaida love

Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:28 am

I'm bored playing hooky from school today. Let's get some Kikaida/Kikaider/ Kikaida 01 etc love going, post some vintage toy pics! Here's my only two. I really need a full sizer:

Kikaida/Kikaida 01 by Beautification Syndrome, on Flickr

Re: Kikaida love

Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:53 am

i dont have any toy Kikaider, although i'd love some . . . here's a few pics.

Kikaider Code 01 by The Moog Image Dump, on Flickr

キカイダー01とキカイダー by The Moog Image Dump, on Flickr

キカイダー by The Moog Image Dump, on Flickr

キカイダー by The Moog Image Dump, on Flickr

Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:10 pm

Here's something I posted on FB a while back. Vintage TT with Max Toys.

Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:42 pm

^ nice toys / pics

Kikaida is great!
Here's mine. Still need to get hold of Grey Rhino King, and more Kikaida/s at some point...

Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:28 pm

Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:50 pm

Hawaii version Large side machine with english stickers and red guitar

Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:54 pm

not sure why it keeps turning all these portrait images into landscape format....

Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:12 am

Nice bike!

Question for you long time collectors: I've seen it in Mark Nagata's collection pics and in S7 issue 1, how hard is that 12.5 Takemi Light Up to track down? I love the sculpt on that one!

Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:23 am

brianflynn wrote:not sure why it keeps turning all these portrait images into landscape format....

Here ya go . . . . this toy is amazing!

Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:09 am

I am still looking for an android kikaida as well. They are incredibly difficult to track down.

Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:45 pm

brianflynn wrote:I am still looking for an android kikaida as well. They are incredibly difficult to track down.

Thanks for the info. Ok so if a super collector of 22 years doesn't even have it, I'll take that to mean it's near impossible to find!

Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:44 am

Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:47 am

really after the flying pose pendant of these dudes.

Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:34 am

datadub wrote:Image

I have one of these coming. I love the crude sculpt!

Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:00 pm

Kikaida Talker, couple vintage and a Max Toy one. The clear version's around here somewhere too...

Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:25 pm

Yeah ! clear popy ...

And standard Takatoku red eye version

Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:33 am

Here's a pic of an old layout of my Kikaida shelf.

Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:05 am

Very impressive. Would love to see photos of the rest of your collection.

Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:51 am

Wow, that is a really nice Kikaida collection blue227. Is this one of your primary focuses? I would definitely like to see some other shelves too if you have them. This one is incredibly impressive just on its own though.

And a belated welcome to the forum! Don't be a stranger. :)

Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:54 am

Ditto on shots of the rest of your collection! Are the four black eyed Kikaida all the 12 inch version by Takatoku, or are some of those bootlegs? Looks like they are all Takatoku.

Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:49 am

I realise it's not 'Vintage Vinyl', but Kikaida with a HxS neo twist . . .

Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:56 am

That is quite nice actually, and I like the omake on the GID vinyl, with some of it coming through like that. Just enough of an homage, but not overwhelming with the paint.

Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:58 pm

Lixx wrote:Ditto on shots of the rest of your collection! Are the four black eyed Kikaida all the 12 inch version by Takatoku, or are some of those bootlegs? Looks like they are all Takatoku.

Two of the three in the back row are boots. If you look closely at the yellow and silver lines on their chest, you'll see how the 4 lines almost come together to form a "X" like shape. The other two are Bandai/Takatokus.

Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:27 am

I see Kikaida is going to be a problem addiction for me :oops: Brood is growing:

ImageImage

Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:31 pm

I can easily see why though. Kikaida is just such a great designed figure, and those are some really nice versions you have picked up so far. I didn't notice it earlier when you just posted that chunky bootleg, but the fact his head is made out of translucent red vinyl is just superb. I really like your new full size TT guy. Glad he arrived super fast in the end.
Post a reply