ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 12:46 am

big ol' bullmark goji 
Addicted

Post Re: big ol' bullmark goji
Sanjeev wrote:
Looks legit to me.

Thanks Sanjeev, I had the doubt because in Club Tokyo show only 4 different colors for the vintage giant Godzilla, but the most similar it's the Silver Highlights, but I feel that does not quite fit in the color.

Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:11 pm
Post Pimp

Yeah, it's always tough to tell when going JUST by the colors. Camera and monitor settings often mess with them, of course, but colors really DO shift quite a bit over the decades due to environmental factors! I saw a bagged Gigan that looked almost like a completely different toy from the hundreds of loose ones I've seen over the years.

My guess is that this giant is real because of the wear pattern on the face and extremities, and also the streaky paint rubs on the bottom of the feet. All very consistent with the specimens I've examined.

blog

Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:56 am
Profile WWW
Team Tsubu

We're any of the B-Clubs even on flesh vinyl? I've never heard that, so the exposed base might be evidence enough.

"I think and try to get a monster of flower soft ware toy pig actually, and notice that light unexpectedly."

Flickr one and Flickr two

Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:50 am
Addicted

I've looked at other photos of the original giant Goji and I think your theory about the paint rubs on the bottom of the feet is correct.

Thanks for all guys! :)

Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:38 pm
Addicted

As I was swapping out my B-Club for the OG on my shelves, I made an interesting discovery. The B-Club is actually quite a bit smaller than the vintage. I had heard that when they make molds off of the old vinyls, the new figures are always smaller. But I did not expect this much of a difference. Maybe its just accentuated with larger figures. Just thought I would share a few comparison pics:

Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:44 am
Profile WWW
Addicted

Thanks for sharing! :D
By the way the vintage giant Goji looks better than in the auction photos.

Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:00 am
Addicted

A beautiful Gogi Kingboy ! nice comparison and yeah the reissues are always smaller... I notice the arms and legs on your Gogi reissue are thinner too... especially on the profile view.

Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:32 pm
Profile WWW
Addicted

Thanks, guys. Yes, everything seems smaller, narrower. And the condition is pretty good, except for the typical paint rubs on the face and top of the head. I seem to see those on most of these.

Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:10 am
Profile WWW
Fresh Meat

Great to see all the photos and scoops in this thread. I am here to share in the love for the monstrous beauty that is the Bullmark Giant Godzilla:
I finally pulled the trigger on one of these after months of agonizing over the decision.
The colors are just amazing, even with all the paint rubs and wear on mine. I especially love the dark green and black sprays.
The texture on the sculpt is insane! The vinyl is also incredibly soft.
A fun family reunion with the next generation.
I would love to add more of these to the collection some day. I dream of the grey vinyl giant, only 1,000,000 yen! Haha.

Sat May 07, 2016 10:16 am
Vintage

Oh, that's perfect! So funny, I was just about to go on at length about how much I appreciate the M1 tribute to this version, as an excellently done - and affordable - partner for big ol' Goji. And then I thought it was a bit much, so I removed the whole paragraph. And there he is! :)

Anyways, really love them both. Your vintage giant is superb. Sure, there is some paint wear, but that is all part of his character, and the vintage charm - I always look at it at a sign of how great a toy is, because it has lasted so long and seen so much history and play. Just think of all the adventures he has been on! :P I think it also helps this particular guy too, because the yellow vinyl coming through works so well against the darker colours on him, and contrasts the greens, blacks, and reds. And those blue fins and fingers.... tasty! A tough decision I am sure, but a worthwhile one. That fella will be an excellent cornerstone in any toy collection.

flickr part [2] part [3]

Sat May 07, 2016 10:22 am
Fresh Meat

@ultrakaiju - You are right about the paint wear giving it a certain charm with the yellow vinyl showing through the other colors. Including on the bottom of the feet!
Do all the giant Bullmarks have the bottoms of their feet painted? I have not seen this spray style on any of the standard-size Bullmark figures, which is interesting.

Sat May 14, 2016 4:36 pm