ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
The older and weirder the cooler
Post a reply

T-28 maker ?

Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:59 pm

Hi ... I recently got a neat little T28 sofubi but am unsure of the maker ... any one know ?

He has no stamp but does have this sticker on the foot

Thanks

Re: T-28 maker ?

Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:39 pm

Scott I thought that sticker looked familiar! It was giving me fits for about 15 minutes till I suddenly realized where I saw it before. The same exact sticker is on the bottom foot of my Giant M1 T-28. Therefore I think it might have something to do with character reference rather than toy maker mark.

I know, probably not helping you in your search BUT I could be wrong. Hope you find your answer!

Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:49 pm

The sticker says "Hikari Production(s)". This seems to be the company licensing the character.

Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:46 pm

An ... thanks for that guys :D

One of the founders of Hikari productions was the artist Mitsuteru Yokoyama, He wrote and drew the 1956 'Tetsujin 28 Go' manga among other things. They still hold the T-28 rights.

So unknown maker legitimate toy.

I also had a look around and the same sticker is under the foot of a blowmolded Giant robo I have.

Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:23 am

great pick up!

Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:37 am

Is there a little hole on the top? There appears to be another color of dark navy and the hole was for a keychain from one of the photos I found while trying to find the maker. it's suppose to be about 30 year old.

Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:12 pm

Thanks Adam! Chimply there is a hole at the top ... and he is quite dark blue the photo makes him look a bit lighter.
Post a reply