ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
The older and weirder the cooler
Post a reply

Toy coin cases and other comborama

Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:53 am

I was going to post this toy in the packaged bootleg thread but realized it's a Takatoku release, so that got me to thinking there are quite a few interesting two or three-in-one combo toys out there. You've got your coin cases, pencil sharpeners, pencil cases with toy topper lids, and plenty of other fun stuff.

Here's one to start things off:

Akumaizer 3 Gabura with built-in coin case, metal coil arms + legs, and gimmick eyes + mouth.

The bootleggy colors are what initially threw me off:

Close-up of coin case side:

Header close-up showing character illustration as well as some fine family vacation choices:

Press a button on the back of the head and voila:

Re: Toy coin cases and other comborama

Fri Dec 04, 2015 8:28 am

Awesome toy and awesome idea for a thread! Often this kind of 'other junk' is the coolest stuff! I don't have any photos to add to this but I hope other members do!

Re: Toy coin cases and other comborama

Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:13 pm

Very cool. The eyes/tongue popping feature is hysterical. I don't know if I have anything to contribute, but I'm excited to see what everyone has.
Post a reply