ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:27 pm

Feel free to comment on our lame FAQ's here 
S7 Royalty

Post Re: Feel free to comment on our lame FAQ's here
atease wrote:
wow...did anyone find a brain around here? i think someone lost theirs.

Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:05 pm
Illuminati

you're close....but I think the lost one is smaller than that.

I've been collecting japanese toys for almost twenty years, and never heard of you until recently, yet you try to come across like you're Mr. Supercollector. Spending lots of money doesn't make you a collector, it just makes you a chump.

Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:09 am
Super Deformed

bigfootchester wrote:
Brian,

I recently "bumped" a thread in the "For Sale" section. It was mentioned/hinted by two that this was not encouraged. I do not see this violation mentioned in any FAQ thread. You should probably add "no thread bumping" to the unwritten rules, if you agree.

ramos wrote:
I hate to lay down rules, but here it is.

Post your wants all in 1 thread. if you got more wants update your last one. I just don't want everyone posting single threads for everything they want.

DO NOT BUMP YOUR THREAD! I hate bumping.

thanks
IR

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=8149

Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:13 am
Addicted

I need an etiquette clarification. If I find a website with a sale on Japanese vinyl at really nice prices, is it appropriate to post that link on SB? And which forum would be the right one?

Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:48 am
S7 Royalty

usually you might post something like that on the forum it is related to, like new gargamel figures thread for example. If it's a live auction don't post it ever. because you'll be stepping on peoples toes who may have spotted it and want that item.

WANTED:
BUTANOHANA / Gargamel

Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:54 am
Addicted

EVOM wrote:
usually you might post something like that on the forum it is related to, like new gargamel figures thread for example. If it's a live auction don't post it ever. because you'll be stepping on peoples toes who may have spotted it and want that item.

Not an auction, just an online store.

Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:10 am
Vintage

Speaking on unwritten rules, thought I would ask about this before stepping on anyones toes or irking the SB gods. Seems the "What you got..." thread is one of the most active on the site, and, this being the case, seems a lot of people do want to share their recent acquisitions and the rest of us want to see 'em just as bad generally.

Soooo, all this being said, I am wondering if there is a place for a new thread perchance of things NOT acquired through the mail, i.e. cons, fests, stores, what have you? I realise that this hobby is generally fed by the internet, but still; for people living near major centres, Super7, etc., I am sure a lot of in-hand purchases are made. Is it cool to just post whatever in the 'mail' thread, and is simply a case of not wanting to read multiple threads?

I'm fine with either in any case, it just might need to be said overtly. :mrgreen:

flickr part [2] part [3]

Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:38 am
Mini Boss

i am sure people post what vinyl they recently bought, not just received in mail, in that thread.
i do.

Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:06 am
Profile WWW
S7 Royalty

Lalo wrote:
i am sure people post what vinyl they recently bought, not just received in mail, in that thread.
i do.

I think everyone does. I'd say 90-95% of all purchases are mail order though, thus the title.

Wish list: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=48478&p=861452#p861452 (ok, somehow forgot html)

Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:42 am
S7 Royalty

Post Re:
brianflynn wrote:
2. ask each member individually, as I am nailed to the X

Always The X Always The Edge Sir... Good Lookin

eckotyper wrote:
$30 overdraft is better than flipper prices!

Twitter: Toysaresanity
Wants:http://skullbrain.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=38807

Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:43 am
Profile WWW
Fresh Meat

With the holiday season in mind, I've ended up selling some recent additions to my collection to friends. Sometimes it's easy to get carried away with purchases. I think if someone doesn't have a habit of buying things on purpose to flip or tradebait, I don't see the problem. Also, if someone has a cool toy I want, I typically have no problem letting them check out what I have in my collection to see if there's anything they want to trade for, and if I'm willing to let that piece go. Is this considered bad behavior, even if I'm not "trading up"?

Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:32 pm
Addicted

Melody_Night.Mare wrote:
With the holiday season in mind, I've ended up selling some recent additions to my collection to friends. Sometimes it's easy to get carried away with purchases. I think if someone doesn't have a habit of buying things on purpose to flip or tradebait, I don't see the problem. Also, if someone has a cool toy I want, I typically have no problem letting them check out what I have in my collection to see if there's anything they want to trade for, and if I'm willing to let that piece go. Is this considered bad behavior, even if I'm not "trading up"?

It's Skullbrain.

Everyone offends someone eventually.

If you end up buying toys then selling/trading them quickly it will rub some people the wrong way. Partly because some people feel like if you don't really love a toy you should leave it for someone who does. Plus a few people who had been well known for doing that same thing ended up going full blown ebay flipper mode and are currently still at it. Personally I think if you aren't trying to profit from anyone here then don't worry about it. Just remember that it's Skullbrain and try not to take any negativity too personally.

Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:06 pm