ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
This is where to go to find out what you don't know.
Post a reply

Fri Sep 07, 2007 3:14 pm

Ooh, you quoted me before I could edit in Mori Mori Bokkun for extra funny.

Fri Sep 07, 2007 3:33 pm

Thanks Roger. I confess I had no idea. That's an amazing and educational answer. Much appreciated.

Guilala, heh. My younger bro and I cracked each other up just by saying that name when we were kids. For some reason we thought he was a silly monster. Er, compared to other silly monsters.

My shoe size is 10 & 1/2. Does that mean I can have a REALLY BIG toy store?

Fri Sep 07, 2007 3:42 pm

locomoto566 wrote:
straightoutta..LOKASH wrote:Yes they have a bathroom, but you have to do a special Pee-pee dance to use it.

I just go in the uglydoll bin. :lol:

:lol: :lol:

Fri Sep 07, 2007 4:06 pm

The calendar is a great idea. My excitement has been raised exponentially with the upcoming stuff.

Fri Sep 07, 2007 4:12 pm

The calendar is great, but now it needs to answer "where" and "how" - where will these be sold (store or web), and how can people get them.

Fri Sep 07, 2007 4:14 pm

I can't find the M1-Go Jet Jaguar release date on the calander.

Fri Sep 07, 2007 4:33 pm

what do you think now Roger?

Fri Sep 07, 2007 4:41 pm

Great. I would just add a link to the store site. (Sometimes you need to spell these things out for people.)

Fri Sep 07, 2007 4:43 pm

We will do that when the item is ready to go. until then....

Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:04 pm

this is fun...weeeeeeeeeee...

Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:19 pm

Thank god....a calendar of events!!!!!!
I never thought about where the name came from....but I sometimes here this song in my head going "7....7....fight to the end........"

Mon Sep 10, 2007 6:42 pm

I finally got around to reading all of the FAQs and since you ask for comments: it's kind of sad this topic was even necessary.

A lot of it seems geared toward preparing noobs to get slammed. In fact, the FAQs make the rude treatment of noobs almost sound like it is officially tolerated, which I'm sure is not the case. While there has been a lot more negativity and drama posted in the last year or so, (and not just directed at newcomers either), I still believe the vast majority of members are not jerks. Oh... that jerks comment was "board sarcasm"...

I think the BST forum is the source of a lot of negativity overall. The anti-flipping guidelines and FAQs try to be helpful, but appropriate pricing is a moving target that can be difficult even for the experienced member. I'm not sure why people feel the need to post their opinions of prices to begin with.

The FAQ that addresses a common source of newcomer trouble refers to taboo topics by saying "we don't talk about certain subjects". Maybe it would also be helpful if the self-appointed constabulary were to recognize that it's actually a pretty thin line that separates Skullbrains from [expletive deleted].

Overall this a great forum with some of the most knowlegable people in the hobby. Most are very generous with their expertise, not to mention genuinely nice people.

Mon Sep 10, 2007 6:54 pm

have you noticed that since these were posted, some new members have introduced themselves in a way that DIDN'T encourage beatings?

Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:05 pm

khanate wrote:have you noticed that since these were posted, some new members have introduced themselves in a way that DIDN'T encourage beatings?
Yes, I have. Maybe that should be in the FAQs somewhere- "Politely introduce yourself in another thread before offering items for sale. Otherwise you will be severely chastised."

Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:29 pm

[quote="yiminy"]
I'm not sure why people feel the need to post their opinions of prices to begin with.
quote]

Because we are a community and we shouldnt stand by and let people take advantage of us by trying to sell stuff here for crazy prices.

Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:48 pm

In the Calendar guide, people might be confused by the listing for "Chronic". I'm not sure if it refers to "Cronic" (Naoki Koiwa) or something else.

Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:56 pm

andy wrote:In the Calendar guide, people might be confused by the listing for "Chronic". I'm not sure if it refers to "Cronic" (Naoki Koiwa) or something else.

You might call it a chronic mistake.

Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:57 pm

andy wrote:In the Calendar guide, people might be confused by the listing for "Chronic". I'm not sure if it refers to "Cronic" (Naoki Koiwa) or something else.

it's what you want it to be...gotta try to make it out there for that one...

Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:58 pm

akum6n wrote:

You might call it a chronic mistake.

:lol:

Re: Feel free to comment on our lame FAQ's here

Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:53 pm

Brian,

I recently "bumped" a thread in the "For Sale" section. It was mentioned/hinted by two that this was not encouraged. I do not see this violation mentioned in any FAQ thread. You should probably add "no thread bumping" to the unwritten rules, if you agree.

Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:42 pm

:roll:

Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:44 pm

Yeah Brian. We'll need you to uh, just go ahead and get right on that.

Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:04 pm

melek_taus wrote:Yeah Brian. We'll need you to uh, just go ahead and get right on that.

Yeeeeah. *slurps coffee*

Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:59 pm

ummm...it is part of the unwritten rules. that's why they're unwritten :lol:

Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:03 pm

wow...did anyone find a brain around here? i think someone lost theirs.
Post a reply