ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
This is where to go to find out what you don't know.
Post a reply

Re: Anyone else not getting email notifications of new messa

Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:16 am

I'm looking into this. Can everyone who sees this thread and hasn't been getting notification emails (on PM's or subscribed forums or threads) please add their name to a list? I'll start it:

• Ultra999
mondocoyote

Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:50 am

Ultra999
mondocoyote
bunnyboy

Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:06 am

Ultra999
mondocoyote
bunnyboy
agvd

Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:49 am

Ultra999
mondocoyote
bunnyboy
agvd
useless toys, I haven't gotten one in years..

Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:47 am

Hm, interesting. agvd and useless toys both have AOL addresses set up as their email. I think the issue on your end might be that AOL is blocking the emails for some reason. Would you guys be able to change your email addresses to another address and then see if you're still not getting notification emails?

Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:05 pm

im not getting any now. but im a new member so i just figure it will fix itself

Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:36 pm

I just got inundated with a slew of emails from SB about various posts and PM's. I'd like them to stop now please

Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:44 pm

Seems to be something the mods are working on, I am sure it is temporary. I am getting notifications for each new PM too, which I have never had, but for the moment you can't change it.

Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:52 pm

I've also been getting pm notifications again since the end of last week; kinda got used to living without them after four years, but thanks anyway to whoever finally fixed this...

Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:20 pm

Actually, I didn't touch nuthin. Not sure if anyone else did.

Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:11 am

This happened before where everyone went without for a long while and then out of the blue emails starting popping up and then it went quiet again... Just a fluke me thinks

Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:33 pm

Deus ex machina?
:shock:

Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:20 am

I know I'm going to jinx it, but out of no place I started getting notifications again. I'm glad it happened but, like previously stated I had gotten use to nit getting them.

Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:44 am

Actually, how can I turn all this off? I can care less about getting email notifications altogether, both for PM's and when someone posts some new comment in a thread somewhere...

Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:47 am

^^ I concur (though I am just receiving the PM notifications). Always thought it was the norm not to, and I prefer it that way.

Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:55 am

Thing is, I don't subscribe to any of the forum threads, so why I'm getting email notifications about a new posting is odd. I can give a fuck about a new posting and if I do I'll damn-well respond or look into the thing on my own. I'm a loser and log on here pretty much every day, more than once. I don't need the email notifications. They clutter up my email and compete with other junk mail

Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:28 pm

To manage your subscriptions:

ucp.php?i=main&mode=subscribed

And to turn off email PM notifications (set "Notify me on new private messages" to "No"):

ucp.php?i=165

Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:35 pm

Awesome, thanks James! Seems so obvious, but I thought that was for internal notification (i.e. not email) :oops:

Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:25 pm

I apparently stood corrected, thanks James

Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:30 pm

No problems here, but thanks! I finally was able to change the time zone to mine correctly.

We dont have DST here.

Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:26 pm

It was brought to my attention that some people still aren't receiving PM notifications in their email, even though they have the preference set correctly. Can you guys post here and let me know if that applies to you?

Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:36 pm

Yes, I have this issue :( . Happened just after I switched my email addy from Comcast to Outlook. It was formerly working in Comcast email. Running on a PC, with Mozilla and IE.
Last edited by Mr. Humphreys on Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:08 pm

I have this issue, too.

Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:57 pm

Doh! :roll: I solved the mystery! Apparently, Outlook has stronger email filters than my previous ISP, and all of the Skullbrain notifications were being diverted directly into the Junk folder! :x I've set an exception in Outlook, so I'm receiving all of my notifications now :oops: Sorry about that James, and Congrats again on your beautiful new daughter! :D
Post a reply