ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
This is where to go to find out what you don't know.
Post a reply

Rub applications?

Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:36 pm

Hey Everyone,

I tried the search function but couldn't really get a good definition of what a "rub" is on figures. I googled and found a few figures on some sites that stated they had a rub application. How is this done exactly? Is there a proper term for it so I can find out more info?

Sorry guys, I'm still completely fresh when it comes to Kaiju and trying to slowly ease my way in. I'm sure there's tons to learn but I've grown to like some of these for sure, so I thought this would be the best place to learn and find more info.

Thanks in advance to any contributors!

Re: Rub applications?

Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:15 pm

Pretty simple. Paint the figure & rub off the paint, leaving the paint in the pocks & crevices (or where you don't rub). Look images of a rub Chaos & the fan club Pirate and you will connect the dots.

Re: Rub applications?

Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:51 pm

Awesome, thanks Biff. I got some info from Joe also. Thanks to the both of you I have a much better understanding now.
Post a reply