ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 4:37 pm

Kaiju collectors in Baltimore? 
Post Pimp

Post Kaiju collectors in Baltimore?
Hey everyone, I was wondering if anyone on here is in Baltimore, or even Maryland. I was thinking about this the other day since I'm probably the only collector on campus (JHU) and could be the biggest kaiju collector in Baltimore, even with a small collection...

Sorry if this is the wrong area of the forums. Is there a place for collectors outside fl, ny, il, ca?

John - STFU and go play with your Bearbricks!

Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:25 am
Side Dealer

Post Re: Kaiju collectors in Baltimore?
sup Russ...

i live just 2 hrs south of Bmore in Fredericksburg VA. (its south of Springfield VA by about 40 min)

lets see some pix of your collection, would be interested to see what you're into.

welcome to the fray, btw! :wink:

Pushead Wants:http://skullbrain.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=41516&start=0

Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:10 am
Post Pimp

Oh cool. I feel like I know someone from Fredericksburg- sounds really familiar.

I'm waiting for a lot in the mail, but right now I'm into Mongolions, Rangeas, and Itokin Park. WIll have pictures in a week or two probably.

Thanks for the welcome!

Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:54 pm
Fresh Meat

I'm a collector living in Baltimore City, in Hampden!
I was just having a conversation with Rachel, one of the people who runs Atomic Books about Kaiju collectors in Baltimore. They had been selling vinyl toys in their sister store Atomic Pop which eventually was reabsorbed into Atomic Books because of the lask of interest in the toys, although they still carry some items.

I work with my GojiGirl selling Godzilla toys on ChibiGojiToys.com and am currently working on some other kaiju and vinyl projects yet to be launched.

I was just eating at the Chipotle across the street from the JHU campus in Charles Village today!
:shock: :P :D

Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:16 pm
Profile WWW
Post Pimp

NoelDanger wrote:
I'm a collector living in Baltimore City, in Hampden!
I was just having a conversation with Rachel, one of the people who runs Atomic Books about Kaiju collectors in Baltimore. They had been selling vinyl toys in their sister store Atomic Pop which eventually was reabsorbed into Atomic Books because of the lask of interest in the toys, although they still carry some items.

I work with my GojiGirl selling Godzilla toys on ChibiGojiToys.com and am currently working on some other kaiju and vinyl projects yet to be launched.

I was just eating at the Chipotle across the street from the JHU campus in Charles Village today!
:shock: :P :D

NICE! Finally somebody else! People who see my collection or catch me on kaiju forums/websites always don't get why I collect and I feel all alone here haha.

I actually went to Atomic Books every few weeks (back when I still bought KR minis). Too bad they only have a little bit of kaiju though. I do check out their books when I go.

I used to eat at Chipotle but I don't go there anymore because the employees there aren't too nice. They just kind of treat you like cattle and yell at you and it's just an overall bad experience. I basically only eat food at Subway, Carma's, Silk Road Cafe, and sometimes Uni Mini and Ledo's. Also Einstein's and Charles Street Market subs but can't eat that everyday...

Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:09 pm
Toy Prince

I'm a few years late on this one, but I am in Baltimore County - Kingsville, to be exact

cindy

https://www.flickr.com/photos/84182158@N00/sets/72157644356316526/

I collect cryptids & yokai (monsters from folklore), monster flowers and monster cats (negoras)

TRADE/ SALE:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/84182158@N00/sets/72157642056363755/

Mon May 05, 2014 7:37 pm
Profile WWW
Toy Prince

Hey Cindy, I used to live by Kingsville. Now I live in Baltimore City though. Still pretty close in the grand scheme of things!

Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:42 pm