ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
This is where to go to find out what you don't know.
Post a reply

Re: Board down 7/5/12 from 11-1pm EST

Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:39 am

Interesting updates on the mobile version... Not sure if I like them, but I'm with Aldo: I'm probably just not used to them yet.

While you're at it, I'd update the sub-headers for the various forums and create a "database" forum or sub-forum. Everyone seems to approve both those options whenever they're discussed, but changes are never implemeted...

Oh and since Instagram since to be used by lots of people here and has successfully gone through its flavor-of-the-day period, I'd vote to either add an option to include it or even replace the Twitter option...
Last edited by petitetoilonrouge on Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:41 am

TiredChildren wrote:
Also, if you tap the red "New post" button on the topic list, it'll take you to the latest unread post in that thread.

that's pretty awesome for checking out the board after you've been signed off for awhile.
Last edited by evom on Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:41 am

still getting used to the new browser for mobile devices. one question james, If i get a new PM will it notify me at the front of the page like it does here or do I have to go to my inbox before i know there's something new there?

Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:43 am

petitetoilonrouge wrote:While you're at it, I'd update the sub-headers for the various forums and create a "database" forum or sub-forum. Everyone seems to approve both those options whenever they're discussed, but changes are never implemented...

A Database section is something that we talked about. Since the idea is that the Database section would be a place for databases only, and not discussion, I'm working on a good way to add a "wiki" or "knowledge base" functionality to the board in order to make that section work really well.

So yeah, I'm working on it. :)

And Brian, you get a little notification at the top of the page when you get a PM. :)

Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:51 am

Just got to see it, works pretty much just like the regular board. Thanks!

Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:53 am

TiredChildren wrote:Also, if you tap the red "New post" button on the topic list, it'll take you to the latest unread post in that thread.

If it's the little tiny arrow next to the post title, it's not quite working. So far this morning it's been taking me several posts higher than the last post I read. Not a huge deal, but a little annoying to have to scroll through previously viewed posts. It worked just fine until today.
Edit: And just to avoid confusion, this is in regards to desktop use, not mobile.

Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:55 am

---NT--- wrote:
TiredChildren wrote:Also, if you tap the red "New post" button on the topic list, it'll take you to the latest unread post in that thread.

If it's the little tiny arrow next to the post title, it's not quite working. So far this morning it's been taking me several posts higher than the last post I read. Not a huge deal, but a little annoying to have to scroll through previously viewed posts. It worked just fine until today.

That's actually due to the image resizer. It's taking you to the first unread post, but then the image resizer is putting the images up and it messes up your spot on the page. I'm looking into how to fix that.

Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:40 am

TiredChildren wrote:
Lalo wrote:how do we go past the first page of topics in a thread on a mobile device?

Down at the bottom of the page there's a little thing that says "Page: Next" or "Page: Previous" if there's other pages in the thread. Also, there's a little # symbol at the bottom of the page, and if you tap that it brings up a little box that has controls for going to other pages. Alternatively, from the forum page where you see all the topic titles, you can tap the number of the page that's in the red box.

Also, if you tap the red "New post" button on the topic list, it'll take you to the latest unread post in that thread.

don't think I made myself clear with the message board lingo lol, but I found out how to go to different pages under a "thread"/"forum"/whatevers... Was looking at the for sale area, and wanted to see the other pages, the commands were at the top, duh me lol

Thanks!

Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:53 am

Fixed the image resizing on the mobile skin. Should be working correctly now.

Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:00 pm

i've gotten a few error messages when browsing with the mobile version. anyone else experience this?

Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:46 pm

Fixed the mobile version sometimes not resizing the images.

Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:27 pm

TiredChildren wrote:You know Brian actually mentioned updating the banner when we talked about the upgrades, but I kind of don't want to change it. I think my mind might break if there was anything else up there.

Aww, I remember the contest to change the banner years ago. I would have liked to have seen it implemented.

Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:05 pm

I love this one by JAY:

Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:02 pm

keep the header! maybe just take off the "i cant draw" but

i love how simple and unassuming the header is.

Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:22 am

michael wrote:keep the header! maybe just take off the "i cant draw" but

i love how simple and unassuming the header is.

I actually love the "I can't draw". Could also have a random header temporarily once in a while, à la Google...

Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:51 pm

By popular request, the mobile skin is no longer triggered for iPads.

Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:58 pm

Sorry for the small posted images in browsers other than Firefox or Opera guys, I'm trying to fix the "go to first unread post" nonsense. Images should be back to normal shortly.

EDIT: AAAaaaaannnnnnddddd FIXED. Please let me know if the browser you're using is getting messed up by giant images.

Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:15 am

Just added a bbcode for spoilers. Now you can wrap whatever spoilers (text, images, etc) you want in [spoiler] [/spoiler] tags, and whatever's between those tags will be hidden until clicked on.

I'm still working on getting large images posted inside the spoiler tags to be resized on some browsers.

Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:26 am

Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:29 am

^^ :lol:

Pretty good idea James. I wasn't aware that folks around here get antsy with toy spoilers, but as with any hardcore fan following, I guess it shouldn't come as any surprise. Plus any additional feature is always cool. I also like it (can't think of the site for an example) when the spoiler shows after you 'hover' your cursor over it.

Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:40 am

Yep, people like to avoid spoilers with things like Lucky Bags or SSSS releases. Also, new movies that are talked about in the Whatever section often have spoilers, so it's nice to be able to hide them.

Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:45 am

that rules. nice addition James

Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:14 am

I love spoiler tags :D

Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:05 am

Just added an Instagram button to the BBCode as well.

[insta]http://instagram.com/p/NPjTOsszzu/[/insta]

Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:34 pm

Don't know if you guys have noticed, but notification emails are dramatically faster after a recent change. You should be receiving email notifications on PM's and subscribed forums with a minute or two now. :)
Post a reply