ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
This is where to go to find out what you don't know.
Post a reply

Re: Board Change Announcements

Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:04 pm

Thank you, James! The new buttons are so nice... Image Image

Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:05 am

I give you... fancyBox!

Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:09 am

Great work James!! Since you are fine tuning the images, is there any way we could get the 'shrunk' images to appear/embedded together with the resize note? As it is now, it makes you have to start a new line for each image, since the note is on an extra line. No big thing though, just a thought.

Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:23 am

Tweaked it a little more so that there's buttons above the image for viewing it fullsize or for closing it.

I'll look into the idea of moving the "click here for full-size version" text.

Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:39 am

Due to popular demand, the "imgwidth" images are now better than ever, without pesky "resize" messages below them. "Imgwidth" images now appear with a border & dropshadow, and text about resizing appears if you hover your mouse over those images. Enjoy!

Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:45 am

Cool, thanks!

Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:54 am

Thanks a bucketload James. Always love your fine tuning of the 'brain, and appreciative of the efforts.

Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:15 am

Thank you James

I love fancy box! :D

Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 pm

That is very cool James! Any chance you can convince Rob to do this over on the GH bored?

Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:24 am

Sites been hanging something awful when I hit submit to post.....

It's not me either did a massive browser (Safari) hard reset, clearing out metadata etc...

Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:34 am

Lixx wrote:Sites been hanging something awful when I hit submit to post.....

Quick fix . . . lurk more post less!

Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:23 pm

Lixx wrote:Safari

I found your problem ;)

Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:26 am

gatchabert wrote:
Lixx wrote:Safari

I found your problem ;)

Ha! Yeah I don't know what's up with this site. From checking my cookies after clearing and visiting here I'm inundated with cookies from sites I've never visited. I don't like it. Anyhow besides doing a metadata etc dump, I've added more DNS servers, and deleted this little known RSS file in PubSub called database.sqlite3. Which probably was corrupted. Things have really sped up. Now if I could 100% prevent all cookies, plug in's, and caches without having a complete suck ass annoying internet experience I'd be happy. It's a war of attrition with me, I deny 99.9% of anything trying to integrate itself on MY computer. I especially hate that local storage file.

Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:26 am

Added the functionality to make YouTube videos full screen. No more having to watch them all tiny!

Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:42 am

awesome James, always appreciative of your work on the board!

Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:51 am

^ is there a pr0n sub-forum on sb i am not privy to where this functionality would be handy?

Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:59 am

Bill that was terrible. :-D

I just went to watch the clip that Chris had posted this morning and it bothered me that it was so small, so I wanted to see if I could get the full screen button back in there.

Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:28 am

Ultra999 wrote:^ is there a pr0n sub-forum on sb i am not privy to where this functionality would be handy?

I write slash fiction featuring Nags and flippers.

Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:29 am

Having major issues with this site today. When I try to post it hangs, and often the site won't even load. Is there something going on?

Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:09 pm

I have been having that issue for several weeks now using Firefox. It comes and goes, but I never really figured out what the cause was. But it is incredibly frustrating; it hangs on refreshing pages/trying to post/sending PMs/etc, and as Grace pointed out in the other thread, sometimes it even times out. I thought that maybe it was a personal PC issue, but I have heard from a couple people who have also experienced some problems. Not sure if there was a coding change, or just increased traffic maybe.

The again, we could be getting monitored for all this fetishistic toy pr0n.

Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:15 pm

Same here, not as often but I've had trouble loading recently.

Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:16 pm

I'm using Safari. Maybe it's because I still use Snow Leopard OSX, which Apple no longer supports and stopped updating Safari at 5.1.10. I also refuse to upgrade my iPad iOS to 7 lol. Recent development with the hanging though.
Last edited by Lixx on Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:20 pm

Apparently there was a server outage today, and the hosting company got on it as quickly as they could to work the situation out. Seems like it's back up and and running for the most part.

Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:25 pm

Argh! I am so tired of these completely reasonable and straightforward explanations.

Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:11 pm

PS - The upside of today's downtime is that the clock now seems to be correct. :)
Post a reply