ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 8:46 pm

Manadarake? 
Toy Prince

Post Manadarake?
Okay I just tried to order a piece. I got my order confirmation. Order status is "checking stock".

The rules on the site say I am supposed to get an email either confirming or denying the order, then I would get a paypal invoice in 3 days. Well, it's been like 5 days and no email, no answer, no invoice. Am I just horrible at this thing or is this normal? The item is listed at sold out on the site so it looks like I ordered it but yeah-5 days. Hey thanks guys...don't know if this is the right place for the thread but thanks for any help. Ryan

Wants:
-MVH Blobpus 6 eyed Demon.
-Boss Carrion. Not picky on color...
-Gargamel Mecha Zag

Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:25 pm
Comment King

Post Re: Manadarake?
Ive had them take that long sometimes but they have consistently taken 3 days most of the time.
Random, only once did I never get a payment required soon. I forgot about it until a month later and
they still had the order waiting for me.

Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:06 pm
Vintage

Depends on the store. The Tokyo ones, invoices typically come in a day. The Osaka ones a bit longer, similarly with Nagoya. The outlier stores sometimes take longer, usually I think because they do less online sales and also fewer foreign transactions. Five days really isn't such a long time though, patience is key.

flickr part [2] part [3]

Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:45 pm
Toy Prince

Cool, hey thanks man. I was told it was pretty easy to order there, and was hoping it is. I just sent an email because it says "If it takes more than 3 days replay directly to this email"

How long does it take from the time you pay to get to you? I know EMS says 3-5 days and it can be that fast- but do they process it that fast or does it take like a month all said? Just questions... :wink: If I get the piece I want I am totally fine with waiting. It's just kind of no man's land ordering for the first time for me. Sorry for the questions.

Wants:
-Gargamel Mecha Zag

Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:51 pm
Vintage

I don't use EMS, but honestly, I would never trust those estimates. In the end, it all comes down to customs processing (and other 'miscellaneous' delays) that I would be very surprised if anything comes this fast. One of the reasons I go with SAL (other than the cost, and far easier importing fees involved) is that in the end it might end up being the same. Again, I don't mind waiting a bit though, to each their own. But realistically expect a week after payment I would say, and even that isn't that much on the conservative side. Keep in mind that with the time differences, it will take at least a day to verify payment, complete the order, and mail it out. Then, if it's not in Tokyo, it will have to routed there, etc., etc. Shipping in Japan is incredibly efficient, but it will still come down to the dreaded black box of customs.

flickr part [2] part [3]

Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:57 pm
Comment King

Ive used SAL and EMS, both have gotten to Los Angeles in 2 weeks from when they send me the shipping notice. I usually find everything I want from the Shibuya store, so UltraKaiju's info on the shops further out make sense.

Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:37 pm
Comment King

quentor wrote:
Cool, hey thanks man. I was told it was pretty easy to order there, and was hoping it is. I just sent an email because it says "If it takes more than 3 days replay directly to this email"

How long does it take from the time you pay to get to you? I know EMS says 3-5 days and it can be that fast- but do they process it that fast or does it take like a month all said? Just questions... :wink: If I get the piece I want I am totally fine with waiting. It's just kind of no man's land ordering for the first time for me. Sorry for the questions.

5 days from when you place your order using DHL.
DHL seem to be faster than EMS

Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:57 pm
Toy Prince

Well the good news is they just processed my order and I paid. I just noticed though that I went DHL but didnt ask for insurance. Am I good or fucked. Sorry, dumbass here.

Wants:
-Gargamel Mecha Zag

Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:55 am
Post Pimp

on a semi-related note, i placed an order recently for a dream toy that i found lurking in some older listings on mandarake

a couple days ago i got the dreaded e-mail that the order couldn't be placed because the item was no longer in stock

the worst!

Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:56 pm
Line of Credit

Yeah, wing clipper, those are definitely the most disappointing ones.

I try not to get my hopes up now until I get that 2nd email confirmation.

Still it's almost impossible not to get excited when you 1st checkout.

"The secret of happiness is not found in seeking more, but in developing the capacity to enjoy less."
--
Socrates, not a toy collector.

SELLING: - - -
TRADING: - - -
WANTING: the Good / the Bad / & Plenty of the Ugly!

Now In INSTACOLOR: @boonvelvet

Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:07 pm
Toy Prince

Hey guys, I just wanted to say thanks for all the advice, I got my piece today and it was surprisingly easy. I not only got a text telling me what day it would be delivered, but said I had the option to leave a note okaying the drop off with confirmation and signature on it. Which I did, and when I came home KAI THUNDER was waiting. Mandarake and DHL nice job and thanks. Q

Wants:
-Gargamel Mecha Zag

Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:03 pm
Fresh Meat

quentor wrote:
Hey guys, I just wanted to say thanks for all the advice, I got my piece today and it was surprisingly easy. I not only got a text telling me what day it would be delivered, but said I had the option to leave a note okaying the drop off with confirmation and signature on it. Which I did, and when I came home KAI THUNDER was waiting. Mandarake and DHL nice job and thanks. Q

Oh man, did you get that unbagged one? I was eyeballin it - sweet looking toy and pretty nice price on that one! Congrats!

Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:38 am
S7 Royalty

I'm trying to convince my wife to get a job there. Just so I can get first dibs on everything. Mwahahaha!

Wish list: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=48478&p=861452#p861452 (ok, somehow forgot html)

Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:00 am
Toy Prince

Mandarake always sends mine DHL and it is super-fast. Crazy fast. I have paid for a mandarake order and it arrives 2-3 days later at my door. I have never had a problem there.

cindy

https://www.flickr.com/photos/84182158@N00/sets/72157644356316526/

I collect cryptids & yokai (monsters from folklore), monster flowers and monster cats (negoras)

TRADE/ SALE:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/84182158@N00/sets/72157642056363755/

Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:34 am
Profile WWW
Vintage

Alls I can say is do not use DHL if you are in Canada, or anywhere where the importation rules are difficult. I had one package they switched to DHL shipping on me without me noticing on the updated invoice, and because of this I was dinged an extra 20$ which I still have not gotten back yet. As if we didn't have enough problems dealing with UPS and other carriers' shit from the US, this kind of garbage just irritates me to no end.

flickr part [2] part [3]

Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:38 am
Toy Prince

Dr Dave wrote:
quentor wrote:

Oh man, did you get that unbagged one? I was eyeballin it - sweet looking toy and pretty nice price on that one! Congrats!

Yeah man, I got the opened one and it came well packed and Minty Mint.

Wants:
-Gargamel Mecha Zag

Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:46 pm
Addicted

Was just thinking about their slogan: "Mandarake: Rulers of Time".

They weren't fucking joking, were they? :lol:

Initially I thought it was a bold statement, but after a few years realized it is in fact true.

If we took all the hours ever spent by Skullbrain members looking at JP vinyl on Mandarake and did something productive with them, we could solve some major world problems. Or at least pay off our credit cards. :P

But fuck that, I'm gonna go look at more toys! :lol:

Your first love and your last love is toy love.

Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:42 pm