ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
That's the way we spell New York
Post a reply

LOVE PARK + CHEESESTEAKS + ROCKY + LIBERTY BELL

Fri Jan 04, 2008 6:54 am

i'm starting a philly thread!!!

Fri Jan 04, 2008 6:55 am

Can you still skate at LOVE or has it been completly banned?

Fri Jan 04, 2008 6:57 am

late night... there are a bunch of benches in front of some of the better ledges, but some are still around...

Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:03 am

ink & dagger, best band ever

Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:34 am

you forgot pretzels!

Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:55 am

Such ashame they took that away. It may have happened on go Skateboarding day a year ago or so but the architect who designed the park was out there saying how he loved that the skateboarders have a found a new and differnet way to use what he designed and how when he built the park it was meant for all to be used and not for the city to pick and choose who can go there and what they can do. LOVE is a meccha in the skateboarding world.

Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:02 am

i used to eat lunch in love park every day when i worked next door. now its just the place where homeless people shower.

Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:06 am

Big Ups to the Slow Sunday crew.

Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:33 am

I lived in Philly from 96-98. 4th and Fitzwater. Grew up in South Jersey, Vineland to be exact. The art museum is the best I've ever been too.

I do miss the cheesesteaks! I don't know though. I found the best cheesesteaks to be outside Philly, in suburban PA and NJ. The best in Philly is Ishkabibbles by far. I went back two winters ago and made the trip just to get one. Pats and Ginos are over-rated. I once had a cheesesteak eating competition at Jim's with friends. After three I was dunzo......Ahh memories.

Chris

Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:45 am

soda pop SMASH wrote:ink & dagger, best band ever

devil children unite, vampires on the loose tonight

Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:07 am

you got it. robby redcheeks sold a bunch of his records last year... some sweet sweet test presses in there, as well as the box set! that box set was the best idea.

Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:57 am

MUMMERS!

Tough-ass union dudes who get completely blotto, dress in regalia that Liberace would call wildly flamboyant, and parade down the street on New Year's Day!
Gotta love it!
The annual broadcast of the parade on channel 17 is one weirdest childhood TV memories...

Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:05 am

Word. went to the mummers parade this week. I love them.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/missymazza ... 611157906/

check it!

Fri Jan 04, 2008 3:39 pm

soda pop SMASH wrote:ink & dagger, best band ever

maybe best philly band :)

Fri Jan 04, 2008 3:53 pm

missy wrote:you forgot pretzels!

FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wanna go home :cry:

Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:27 pm

Just a little of what Philly/South Jersey means to me:

:cry:

Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:43 pm

mark, if i can send any little pieces of home i have no problem doing so. seriously. i offered tastykake once and you declined! haha. :)
I'll pack them well! ;) i'm afraid pretzels won't make the trip very well. they never taste good if not from the oven.

-M

Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:54 pm

missy wrote:mark, if i can send any little pieces of home i have no problem doing so. seriously. i offered tastykake once and you declined! haha. :)
I'll pack them well! ;) i'm afraid pretzels won't make the trip very well. they never taste good if not from the oven.

-M

Very sweet of you. I have a mom and sister that should send me stuff like this, but they might not be talking to me.
Pretzels are my favorite thing in the world. Even more than Secret Base :shock:
I have to move back to South Jersey soon!!

Fri Jan 04, 2008 5:39 pm

It sucks to say i've never had a hogie in my life. It also sucks to say that i've been to Philly before and didn't experience anything that was listed in this thread.

Fri Jan 04, 2008 6:17 pm

Pats and Ginos over rated...?

There where is the BEST Philly Cheesesteak?

Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:45 pm

toybotstudios wrote:Pats and Ginos over rated...?

There where is the BEST Philly Cheesesteak?

I would second Ishkibibbles. or Tony Luke Jr.'s.

Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:09 am

respect to WAWA.

Sat Jan 05, 2008 3:31 pm

lurker wrote:respect to WAWA.

WAWA makes a pretty good hoagie :D

Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:52 pm

lurker wrote:respect to WAWA.

lurker, ironically enough missy and I say respect to SHEETZ

Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:58 pm

dude i fucking LOVE sheetz. let's go to sheetz right now.
Post a reply